It had to end sometime - Celtic v Dundee 14th Oct

Not at all. I went to watch my team play and seen half the game because of the view.
I also unfortunately had to listen to sectarian singing and chanting. Don't know why this needs to happen and then I see banners that have nothing to do with football.
Yet you have a go at me for bringing up something I wanted to know regarding a Celtic fan positing a picture of a dead baby.

Well your day wasn't much different from mine, I had to turn up and sit behind a pole and miss some moments in the match. I heard one moment of Secterian singing and that was around the 67th minute when there was a reference to EBT McCann being a particular colour of b*****d. Did that really upset you? I did happen to look over towards you a few times and couldn't help but notice a massive French flag up the back of the stand. Not sure what relevance it has at a football match in Scotland but I didn't run off crying and raging about it. Just gave it a wee glance and got back to watching the game before getting on with my life again.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that it? Seriously?! All that rage from you because a group of people said the SNP are criminalising football fans. Get a life Lichtie

The mindset has me absolutely seething. And it's not just people saying it, there's been numerous banners now. It's an absolute joke.

Some of the pish Celtic fans are coming away with on social media is frightening.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The mindset has me absolutely seething. And it's not just people saying it, there's been numerous banners now. It's an absolute joke.

Some of the pish Celtic fans are coming away with on social media is frightening.

They criminalise behaviour at or on the way to a football match which would not be criminalised in any other setting. They also criminalise behaviours which do not meet the 'harm principle'. The Act allows an officer to deem that a behaviour might have potentially been offensive even if no-one was actually offended. 

I'm not making banners or anything, but it's a pish piece of legislation. 

16 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Well your day wasn't much different from mine, I had to turn up and sit behind a pole and miss some moments in the match. I heard one moment of Secterian singing and that was around the 67th minute when there was a reference to EBT McCann being a particular colour of b*****d. Did that really upset you? I did happen to look over towards you a few times and couldn't help but notice a massive French flag up the back of the stand. Not sure what relevance it has at a football match in Scotland but I didn't run off crying and raging about it. Just gave it a wee glance and got back to watching the game before getting on with my life again.

Reported for racism.

They criminalise behaviour at or on the way to a football match which would not be criminalised in any other setting. They also criminalise behaviours which do not meet the 'harm principle'. The Act allows an officer to deem that a behaviour might have potentially been offensive even if no-one was actually offended. 

What kind of behaviour?

Nobody else in the country seems to have the slightest bit of bother with this legislation, maybe they just behave properly? Yet Celtic are reeling out these massive banners.

I seen a thing the other day that showed the OF accounted for 50% of the arrests due to this. The other 50 percent was made up of 3 clubs, Hibs, Aberdeen, Hamilton and then England international fans when they visited Hampden.

The vast vast majority of football fans here know nothing about this or even seem to care about this. Yet Celtic fans seem to see it as a massive issue, I wonder why?

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nobody else in the country seems to have the slightest bit of bother with this legislation, maybe they just behave properly? Yet Celtic are reeling out these massive banners.

I seen a thing the other day that showed the OF accounted for 50% of the arrests due to this. The other 50 percent was made up of 3 clubs, Hibs, Aberdeen, Hamilton and then England international fans when they visited Hampden.

Do the other 50% who were arrested not have a problem with it then, naw?

Can you also advise how the combined home attendances of Hibs, Aberdeen and Hamilton compare to the combined home attendances of Celtic and Sevco?

It might be because I'm a twisted west coast bhigot, but hearing lots and lots of Scotland fans sing 'If you hate the fucking English' in the train queue after the Slovakia game was just as distasteful as Sean South of Garryowen or whatnot. The police obviously don't do their jobs in certain situations if none of the Tartan Army are arrested for their patently offensive behaviour. 

It is poorly drafted but, you totally brought it on yourselves and the never ending inability for either arse cheeks to deal with or stop condoning/encouraging behaviour best left to the history books(at best) makes me kind of glad some of you are getting persecuted (although you're not really, are you?).

Might make a nice change for you to actually be the victims* for once rather than just playing it.

*This is of course not the case here, just to be clear.

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It is poorly drafted but, you totally brought it on yourselves and the never ending inability for either arse cheeks to deal with or stop condoning/encouraging behaviour best left to the history books(at best) makes me kind of glad some of you are getting persecuted (although you're not really, are you?).

Might make a nice change for you to actually be the victims* for once rather than just playing it.

*This is of course not the case here, just to be clear.

It was a kneejerk vote-grab after the 1-0 game where Diouf was sent off and Lennon pulled an angry face. One of the biggest legislative overreactions in Scottish parliamentary history. 

Personally though, I don't really do anything which could contravene the law apart from doing some loud swearing on occasion. More than ma joabs worth for one thing. 

Do the other 50% who were arrested not have a problem with it then, naw?
Can you also advise how the combined home attendances of Hibs, Aberdeen and Hamilton compare to the combined home attendances of Celtic and Sevco?
It might be because I'm a twisted west coast bhigot, but hearing lots and lots of Scotland fans sing 'If you hate the fucking English' in the train queue after the Slovakia game was just as distasteful as Sean South of Garryowen or whatnot. The police obviously don't do their jobs in certain situations if none of the Tartan Army are arrested for their patently offensive behaviour. 

The overall support do not no. In fact I had supporters of those clubs personally say to me they supported the legislation on social media the other day because it rightly punished the fannies in their support. Which is the correct stance to take on it.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The overall support do not no. In fact I had supporters of those clubs personally say to me they supported the legislation on social media the other day because it rightly punished the fannies in their support. Which is the correct stance to take on it.

I can't imagine the Celtic supporters are in 100% agreement over the Act tbh. You'd probably find a few agreeing that it's an excellent piece of legislation on Twitter. Particularly those who won't allow any criticism of the SNP as they see it as a betrayal of Scottish Nationalism. There is a tendency among SNP supporters to think they are above reproach. 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Correct

You are such a tedious snidey character. You're the most tiresome poster to regularly pop up on Celtic threads since Standfree left. And, yes, I include Bennett in this. 

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

You are such a tedious snidey character. You're the most tiresome poster to regularly pop up on Celtic threads since Standfree left. And, yes, I include Bennett in this. 

Shucks. :wub:

As far as I am concerned, this is a Dundee thread.

48 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Because we weren't allowed. But you knew this as you would of seen where we were sectioned off

Looked like there were seast nearer the front in your own section. Just get a ticket for the home end next time, problem solved.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Shucks. :wub:

As far as I am concerned, this is a Dundee thread.

I sometimes wonder if your constant attendance on Celtic topics and quickness to accuse Celtic supporters who have never really been bigoted of bigotry has something to do with a bit of mask slippage of your own. 

14 minutes ago, The OP said:

It was a kneejerk vote-grab after the 1-0 game where Diouf was sent off and Lennon pulled an angry face. One of the biggest legislative overreactions in Scottish parliamentary history. 

Personally though, I don't really do anything which could contravene the law apart from doing some loud swearing on occasion. More than ma joabs worth for one thing. 

9 minutes ago, The OP said:

I can't imagine the Celtic supporters are in 100% agreement over the Act tbh. You'd probably find a few agreeing that it's an excellent piece of legislation on Twitter. Particularly those who won't allow any criticism of the SNP as they see it as a betrayal of Scottish Nationalism. There is a tendency among SNP supporters to think they are above reproach. 

Cynical vote grab is it?

Definitely not what's going on here, instead it's a valiant crusade against injustice led by literally the thickest homo-sapiens to hold elected office, James kelly MSP.

https://twitter.com/Labour_Celts/status/919234057548034048

https://twitter.com/AidanKerrTweets/status/919203307331211266

Away with you, nobody is buying any of this. 

I have no problem with criticising the SNP. But Celtic fans aren't criticising them for poorly drafting this, they're criticising them because they want to be able to sing songs they shouldn't be singing without getting into trouble.

There's absolutely no way Labour or the Tories would change this law either, so the witch hunt on the SNP is ridiculous.

Archived