Hamilton Academical VS Motherwell

1 hour ago, Uncle Arthur said:

McKinnon is clearly the main man in midfield and possibly the team. Yes he can act like a nutter a lot of the time, but most of the time he holds that midfield together. Have you not noticed what a shambles the team is without him?

Would rather use a tub of glue to hold the midfield together than that talentless waste of a shirt . I am sure young Doc can replace him in that role, his percieved intimidation on opposition and seniority within the playing squad does not justify him retaining a starting slot , technically he is bereft of any ability, if being able to bark orders to your team mates qualifies you're inclusion into the starting 11 then even though I am sublimely crap at football , my ability to shout footballing terminology at team mates would merit me a place in Zinidine Zidanes starting 11 week in week out ?

eta - have you not been viewing the shambles over the last 5 games which he has played in bar the sevco match due to his ban ?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You’re a moron.
“Doc can replace him in that role.” Just like the Rangers game where Docherty was left chasing shadows due to a complete lack of defensive awareness or ability to slow the game down? Docherty is far better further up the pitch.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

You’re a moron.
“Doc can replace him in that role.” Just like the Rangers game where Docherty was left chasing shadows due to a complete lack of defensive awareness or ability to slow the game down? Docherty is far better further up the pitch.

You have jumped the gun in making that assumption ,  when I said Doc could fill that role , I was referring to holding the midfield together , not to the positional role designated to McKinnon. I am aware that Doc is better deployed in an advanced position , that however would not disqualify him from the holding the midfield together role, in my post I have just stated that imo he is a talentless player, you are entitled to you're opinion of him as I am but to open with I am a moron is unjustified.

You have jumped the gun in making that assumption ,  when I said Doc could fill that role , I was referring to holding the midfield together , not to the positional role designated to McKinnon. I am aware that Doc is better deployed in an advanced position , that however would not disqualify him from the holding the midfield together role, in my post I have just stated that imo he is a talentless player, you are entitled to you're opinion of him as I am but to open with I am a moron is unjustified.

Docherty can’t play in the holding role in front of the back 5. HTH.

12 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Docherty can’t play in the holding role in front of the back 5. HTH.

Where in my posts have I said he could ? I have said he can be the midfielder who can organise /hold the midfield together in essence be the glue . My original post questions the merit of McKinnon's continued inclusion in the team when in my opinion he's the waste of a jersey . Football is a game of opinions which is why forum's are in existence, but to disregard other people's opinions because they don't concur with you're own opinions is showing a high level of ignorance.

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

‘Talentless waste of a shirt’

happyaccie is defos an alias.

Mackinnon is arguably our most important player.

Not an alias just someone who is not fooled that a individual whose only attribute is his endeavour constitutes a right to a be classed as a footballer, I have never rated him and he would never start in any team I was to choose ,  the bulk of Hamilton fans seem to like his style of play and hard man attitude , we had a player in the late 80s early 90s who also played with a hard man aura but Chic Charnley also possessed more skill in his left arse cheek than McKinnon has.  Again I shall say football is about opinions I stand by my assertion that he is the waste of a shirt , whilst you can hold onto your belief he is arguably our most important player .

Our midfield is far too light without an enforcer like McKinnon doing the donkey work. Yes, it can be frustrating when he goes into hardman mode and goes over the top, picking up needless bookings and dismissals but he's 32 now so ain't gonna change. I'd say he could've potentially been our best player last season if he hadn't missed so many games through suspension.

49 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Our midfield is far too light without an enforcer like McKinnon doing the donkey work. Yes, it can be frustrating when he goes into hardman mode and goes over the top, picking up needless bookings and dismissals but he's 32 now so ain't gonna change. I'd say he could've potentially been our best player last season if he hadn't missed so many games through suspension.

Please educate me as I must clearly be missing something , what exactly does McKinnon bring to the team , a (player) who concedes possession with wayward passes more than retention of the ball, a defensive midfielder who's percentage of tackles leads to more fouls awarded against us than the rest of the team combined  (slightly embellished) the award of these fouls have almost certainly cost us a goal or two down to our shocking defending. ( which I only apportion a little blame to McKinnon for) I have isolated his play on two occasions this season to form this opinion his defending at corners has me in stitches it is that funny  , at a corner he positions himself almost dead centre of the box and almost on the 18 yard line  , he looks like he has identified the man he is marking , at this point all is well  , the corner is then taken the man he has identified as being his man walks  yes walks not runs beyond him into a threatening position, McKinnon's body position at this point is square on facing the oppositions goal , he in essence due to his deficiencies finds himself marking 30 yards of space due to not tracking his man , if you want to understand why I am so against the guy , isolate him in a game by that I mean focus you're eyes on him for the full 90 minutes you may then have the same opinion as I do , apart from the perceived intimidation effect he has to negate the attacking play of our opponents he contributes almost zero in offensive situations.

I have put player in brackets because I refuse to afford that label to an individual whom I regard as the waste of a shirt.

Please educate me as I must clearly be missing something , what exactly does McKinnon bring to the team , a (player) who concedes possession with wayward passes more than retention of the ball, a defensive midfielder who's percentage of tackles leads to more fouls awarded against us than the rest of the team combined  (slightly embellished) the award of these fouls have almost certainly cost us a goal or two down to our shocking defending. ( which I only apportion a little blame to McKinnon for) I have isolated his play on two occasions this season to form this opinion his defending at corners has me in stitches it is that funny  , at a corner he positions himself almost dead centre of the box and almost on the 18 yard line  , he looks like he has identified the man he is marking , at this point all is well  , the corner is then taken the man he has identified as being his man walks  yes walks not runs beyond him into a threatening position, McKinnon's body position at this point is square on facing the oppositions goal , he in essence due to his deficiencies finds himself marking 30 yards of space due to not tracking his man , if you want to understand why I am so against the guy , isolate him in a game by that I mean focus you're eyes on him for the full 90 minutes you may then have the same opinion as I do , apart from the perceived intimidation effect he has to negate the attacking play of our opponents he contributes almost zero in offensive situations.

I have put player in brackets because I refuse to afford that label to an individual whom I regard as the waste of a shirt.

His role in the team is quite clear from what I can see, as the ball winning midfielder, water carrier or ancherman, whatever you prefer to call it, his job is to sit in the hole and protect the back four and to link midfield and defence. Also when we don't have the ball to win back possession and lay it off to the more creative players playing in front of him. I think I'll pass on focusing on him for 90 mins though, as I'm not totally obsessed with him. I wouldn't solely focus on Lionel Messi for 90 mins, let alone Darrian.

46 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

His role in the team is quite clear from what I can see, as the ball winning midfielder, water carrier or ancherman, whatever you prefer to call it, his job is to sit in the hole and protect the back four and to link midfield and defence. Also when we don't have the ball to win back possession and lay it off to the more creative players playing in front of him. I think I'll pass on focusing on him for 90 mins though, as I'm not totally obsessed with him. I wouldn't solely focus on Lionel Messi for 90 mins, let alone Darrian.

His contribution to the team is quite clear from what I can see, commit fouls is our half of the field affording opposition attacking possibilities , short 5-6 yard carries of ball in a progressive manner ending mostly in consession of possession, run about as much as possible without doing anything constructive , in other words the waste of a shirt , I knew my opinion of him would evoke this kind of response , as I have said previously we are all entitled to our opinions but Cannings insistence on using him may conclude in me withdrawing my presence from matches as I cannot bear to be subjected to having to watch this talentless individual.

His contribution to the team is quite clear from what I can see, commit fouls is our half of the field affording opposition attacking possibilities , short 5-6 yard carries of ball in a progressive manner ending mostly in consession of possession, run about as much as possible without doing anything constructive , in other words the waste of a shirt , I knew my opinion of him would evoke this kind of response , as I have said previously we are all entitled to our opinions but Cannings insistence on using him may conclude in me withdrawing my presence from matches as I cannot bear to be subjected to having to watch this talentless individual.

We'll you've obviously made your mind up, so there's no point in me or anyone else trying to change it. If there was one player with whom I'd find fault with Canning for playing every single game, no matter how badly he performed previously, it would be the undroppable Imrie.

12 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

We'll you've obviously made your mind up, so there's no point in me or anyone else trying to change it. If there was one player with whom I'd find fault with Canning for playing every single game, no matter how badly he performed previously, it would be the undroppable Imrie.

Some common ground lol I share you're thoughts on Imrie.

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He's probably scared of dropping either. Haven't they both refused to be substituted before? MacKinnon definitely has.

Wasn't at that game but I'm led to believe McKinnon' number was shown on the subs board , he alledgedly made his way to the touchline mouthing he was ok, whether this was an enforced change due to an injury or not , for Canning to then allow him to continue was ludicrous .

but to disregard other people's opinions because they don't concur with you're own opinions is showing a high level of ignorance.

Seems to me that you're the one disregarding other people's opinions and showing a high level of ignorance.
Instead of obsessing about arguably the most influential player in the team, why don't you just spend your 90 minutes focusing on your idol, Wee Docherty, or "Doc" as you affectionately call him?

Archived