Sons vs Stranraer

microdave

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was as routine as they come and we had some absolute passengers tonight. Chris Johnston nowhere to be seen - gone in January please. Calum Gallagher, tries hard but ultimately shows nothing - gone in January please. Kyle Hutton - what's the point. 

On the plus side, Tom Walsh showed some quality in the second half, Mark Stewart bagged himself another goal and Froxy's hair keeps its volume in the rain. 

Quarter finals though, nose bleed territory.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That was as routine as they come and we had some absolute passengers tonight. Chris Johnston nowhere to be seen - gone in January please. Calum Gallagher, tries hard but ultimately shows nothing - gone in January please. Kyle Hutton - what's the point. 

On the plus side, Tom Walsh showed some quality in the second half, Mark Stewart bagged himself another goal and Froxy's hair keeps its volume in the rain. 

Quarter finals though, nose bleed territory.

On the subject of Hutton I've noticed something.

Hutton and Carswell - Carswell looks a shadow of the player from last season

Hutton and Mango - Mango, our most consistent player to date, looks all over the shop

Tonight, Hutton and Wilson - Wilson (aside from some lovely crossfielders) is poor

I don't want to seem like I'm accusing of him of driving other players' game down...But that's exactly what I'm doing tbqh.

Thought Stranraer played well and their #16 Turner in particular looks a real prospect. Whats his story?

Jimmy seemed determined to boot stranraer players for the last ten minutes; 3 fouls in 3 minutes from him led to a card and their goal.

Wardrop and Boomer our most consistent and best tonight.

Seems very harsh. I mean we hardly dominated it, but we were pretty comfortably in control, scored a lovely goal, and were the length of a stud away from another. Unusual (and very unStevie-like) response to a victory.

3 defeats in 11 I make that now. Very decent.

Position: Midfielder

Date of birth: 10/11/97
Place of birth: Paisley

Previous clubs: St Mirren, Partick Thistle, Glentyan Boys' Club

Kyle Turner Profile from www.stranraerfc.org Exciting young midfielder Kyle put pen to paper on a new contract in October 2016 which sees him remain at the club until summer 2019. Skilful on the ball and with composure beyond his years, the son of former Morton, St Johnstone and St Mirren midfielder Tommy Turner was outstanding for Matt Maley's U20 side and is continuing his development amongst the experienced Blues midfield. Scored 4 goals in 37 appearances last season.

Both full backs and Walsh best for us tonight.

fairly routine but we got sloppy at end.

worry if nade gets injured as Stewart and gallac her offered nothing

ive said this before squad is what it is and based on tonight and other recent games I don’t think any of our central mid are better worse than the other . Too many have taken a like/dislike to certain players 

thought both goals well taken especially Barr’s 

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Hutton and Mango - Mango, our most consistent player to date, looks all over the shop

Tonight, Hutton and Wilson - Wilson (aside from some lovely crossfielders) is poor

I don't want to seem like I'm accusing of him of driving other players' game down...But that's exactly what I'm doing tbqh.

I'd say he's been far from our most consistent. Unless you mean consistently charging about the field and giving away needless fouls etc.

Surely both full backs have been the most consistent? Nade seems to also have settled very well in the last 4/5 matches.

I know you like to take a dislike to players but that's ridiculous even for you

I know you like to take a dislike to players but that's ridiculous even for you

Hutton was absolutely shite tonight I'm afraid. He offers us nothing. Defensively or offensively.

Dowie was also absolutely shite.

I'm not surprised to see Stevie call out the team on the 2nd half performance, although I'm not sure the first half was much better tbh. As much as we were fairly comfortable I thought we were poor from the start. Far, far too many passengers and it's clear to me that Gallagher, Dowie and Hutton are absolutely miles off the required standard. Even Froxy had a bit of a stinker tonight. I'm surprised to see folk say Walsh had a good game, other than his assist/ripping of Hamil he was fairly anonymous.

Tonight simply confirms that Dougie Hill is twice the player Dowie is. The sooner we get him to f**k the better. It absolutely astounds me that he spends 90 mins pissing and moaning at others whilst being utterly woeful himself. He's done.

Tonight also confirmed that Nade is the main man in our team.

Archived