Sons vs Stranraer

microdave

Looking forward to this. Friday night, tenner in etc.

I'd like to think we will win but with this being against our bogey team in our bogey competition I'm fearing the worst. We are in fairly decent form just now so fingers crossed.

Not against resting Nade and going with Stewart and Morrison. We need to keep the big man fresh for the league.

Morrison is cup tied after playing for the County 20s when we played the Nomads is he not?

It's a shame because I would've been keen to give him a full 90 to try and settle in.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morrison is cup tied after playing for the County 20s when we played the Nomads is he not?

It's a shame because I would've been keen to give him a full 90 to try and settle in.

Shite, he is, you're right. Ideal game for him to get the 90 as well.

I reckon Stevie might go full strength with this being on what is technically a free weekend.

Yes, let's freshen up our attacking options for this one. We looked solid enough at Almondvale last week and some of the the football on show was tidy but the lack of cutting edge about the team continues to be alarming. It feels like we're a Sam Stanton away from being a decent side. 

I'd leave out Stewart and move Froxy inside - let's get him more involved. Johnston can have a go on the right. And if we're mad keen to rest Nade then Roy can run about up top.

Friday night football for £10 is an attractive offer!

If the excited chatter of two elderly ladies in the dentist's waiting room earlier today is any guide, then the burgh of Dumbarton (and surrounding areas no doubt) is positively buzzing ahead of this one.  Really looking forward to it myself, if only to see how many floodlight bulbs are goosed - assuming they are turned on.

The blues are probably about 4 short tonight so what a chance for the sons of the rock,missing main man Wallace up front and one or two key players in defence,our next 3 games are against Alloa,Raith Rovers and Ayr in the League so I would take 7 points from those and let you win tonight.:whistle

Team - Gallacher, Dowie, C Gallagher, Wilson, Stewart, Walsh, Wardrop, Hutton, Froxlias, Barr, McLaughlin #sonsvblues

Subs - Ewings, Hill, Johnston, Smith, Roy, Prior, Nade #sonsvblues

Glad we aren't sticking with Mango and Hutton together in midfield, but it's a shame to see Roy still on the bench. Dowie naturally keeping his place over the superior Dill too - unless he's still not quite right after the weekend.

492 given there. That's about 100 more than we could expect. What ex-Sons are here?

Shay, Graeme Holmes (I think with Sparky) and Joe Thomson (or a guy who looks his absolute double) have all been spotted.

Announce (J.) Thomson @DumbartonFC

Archived