Sons vs Stranraer

microdave

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think stevie entitled to be a bit annoyed as we didn’t push on after a bright start. 

I just gi d it interesting that players given a chance imo don’t seem any better than those they replace . As I say squad is what it is 

what I would say is Chris Johnson and David smith must be offering little in training 

Maybe I’m reading to much into it but from the managers comments he seems raging at Dowie and Scott Gal. He mubbled something about Gal then went on to praise Ewing’s on how he’s a warrior etc

Was just coming on to say the same thing. I think Scott Gal will be on the bench next week regardless if he’s fit or not. Clearly Stevie thinks he came off with a small knock when he could’ve played on. Hopefully Ewings isn’t too rusty from lack of game time.

7 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

I know you like to take a dislike to players but that's ridiculous even for you

I know, but it does seem like a coincidence, no? I mean Carsy was excellent last season, Barr has been excellent this season (admittedly at CB), and Wilson flicks between being wonderful and horrendous. All three have had their poorest games in a Sons' shirt alongside Hutton.

Gallacher gets stick for making the defence shaky, as does Dowie, so pointing to a potential link between Hutton and our midfield's performance isn't as agenda driven as it sounds.

1 hour ago, sons superhero said:

I think he is being a little harsh saying the opposition controlled the second half. I don't think either team had control.

We were certainly better in the first half but Stevie is perhaps going too far with his "Stranraer controlled the second half" patter. I feel that probably an incident or two will have bugged him and this may have contributed to him winding the crossbow a bit tight. Nothing wrong with a bit of passion though. To take a wider view,  I've stood and sat through many evening cup ties like last night's and we've ended up on the losing side. I said on Saturday that we'd play worse and win - QED but I didn't expect the proof so soon. 

Pleased with the attitude that we want to do well in this competition.

Jamie's a warrior..... 

14 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I've reported Stranraer for the eye rape that their away strip is providing. Whoever approved this abomination deserves the sack.

I thought the strip looked pretty good under the floodlights........(gets coat)

Would love to know who Aitken is referring to when he talks about players thinking they are better than what they are etc.

Defo think there's more to it than him being seething about just the performance. I reckon we will be able to tell based on his next squad who the culprits are. He proved last season that if you piss him off you're done, as Sparky found out.

14 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Thought the lad Turner for Stranraer was really good tonight.

Looks fairly young, has he come through the ranks? Is he a regular? The type of player I wouldn't be against us signing tbh.

Your on the wynd up BBPF,already been for a week’s trial with Aberdeen so he won’t be signing for Dumbarton.Will go full time,he’s only 19,plays on a regular basis and has been with us for 3 yrs,rumours are that Dundee Utd and Sheffield utd are interested and Aberdeen could also sign him,perfectly honest the Sons couldn’t afford him.:oops

I wasn't expecting that from Stevie. We maybe didn't hit the heights in terms of performance, but I never thought we were in any danger of losing the tie. I thought we played much more poorly in the first half against Connah's Quay for example. For a competition that we've at best been ambivalent about, it's a very surprising reaction. Even within the interview he seems quite dismissive about the merits of the competition and he's been pretty scathing about it in the past. It also means that a league game is going to be re-scheduled for midweek, which is not ideal for us as a part-time team.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Would love to know who Aitken is referring to when he talks about players thinking they are better than what they are etc.

Defo think there's more to it than him being seething about just the performance. I reckon we will be able to tell based on his next squad who the culprits are. He proved last season that if you piss him off you're done, as Sparky found out.

In my opinion C Gall has to be in that list.

In my opinion C Gall has to be in that list.

I don't know, he doesn't (and didn't when I was doing some Uni work at St Mirren) strike me as the sort of guy with a big ego.

He could, of course, be totally different in a dressing room environment though.

Just watched the highlights, we really could and should have been 3 or 4 up and the game done in the first 20 minutes. Calum Gallagher has a couple of great chances he needs to be burying. 

We got so slack after the 2nd goal (which was excellent work from Walsh and Stewart) and Stranraer had a good 3 or 4 chances and easily could've won the game in the end. I don't think we were great but I'm not sure it warranted Stevie's reaction but he's obviously felt the need to publicly show he wants better. I doubt there'll be anything more to it but next weeks team could be interesting.

100% you should have been out of sight in the first 20 mins and we couldn't have complained.

Felt we dominated possession but failed to do anything with it, had we started with a striker the game could have been different. Kyle was by far our best player always wanted the ball and looked to make a forward pass I only wish the same could be said for some of our more experienced players who only look interested when the game is going our way.

I got slated pre season for ribbing a few of the sons players but after last night I can say the same Walsh and C Gallagher how poor can they be even Dowie and Hutton surely you guys must get frustrated watching them knowing the education they would have received at Murray Park. Craig Barr is solid, cracking player

Archived