Why No Fixtures on 14th October?

bc57

It's an utter nonsense, to be honest. The same as having no fixtures on 23rd and 30th December. Totally unnecessary and out of touch with the fans.

I definitely agree that not having a fixture on the 14th October is a nonsense but I think there is an argument for the 23rd and 30th of December. Your saying they're out of touch of with the fans but it's the players that make the sacrifice. So the players would need to train over the Christmas and New Year period when players may have commitments to families etc over the holidays. Fans don't have to do that. Surely players are entitled to a break. Without contradicting myself I would like them to be on but can see the argument of having them off.

I definitely agree that not having a fixture on the 14th October is a nonsense but I think there is an argument for the 23rd and 30th of December. Your saying they're out of touch of with the fans but it's the players that make the sacrifice. So the players would need to train over the Christmas and New Year period when players may have commitments to families etc over the holidays. Fans don't have to do that. Surely players are entitled to a break. Without contradicting myself I would like them to be on but can see the argument of having them off.

In the top leagues there paid to play ffs. It's hardly a chore. Is there a player on less than 60 a week in west super premier? . I'd be happy to play on 23rd and have a few extra quid in my pocket. Infact some get paid weekly whether there's a game or not. And they'll be training regardless.

In the top leagues there paid to play ffs. It's hardly a chore. Is there a player on less than 60 a week in west super premier? . I'd be happy to play on 23rd and have a few extra quid in my pocket. Infact some get paid weekly whether there's a game or not. And they'll be training regardless.

Agree players are paid to play and never mentioned it was a chore at all. Most if not all guys play because they want to play but there is definitely a sacrifice to be made by players to train twice a week and play. Not saying I wouldn't like to play because I would but can understand the argument for not having games over the holiday season. If both days are off I wouldn't imagine there would be much training done by teams over that period.

Agree players are paid to play and never mentioned it was a chore at all. Most if not all guys play because they want to play but there is definitely a sacrifice to be made by players to train twice a week and play. Not saying I wouldn't like to play because I would but can understand the argument for not having games over the holiday season. If both days are off I wouldn't imagine there would be much training done by teams over that period.

For me the guys are payed in top league so they shouldn't have a say in it [emoji23]. There payed to train and play. Hard days. Ammies have fixtures there doing it for f**k all

For me the guys are payed in top league so they shouldn't have a say in it [emoji23]. There payed to train and play. Hard days. Ammies have fixtures there doing it for f**k all

Valid agreement mate and hard to disagree with. My point to being with was Glensmad said out of touch with the fans when in reality it the players that are the most important for as they are the ones that will have to train and play over the period the fans just have to turn up on the Saturday. That's what I was getting at.

1 hour ago, Tynieness said:

There is  fixture list in the East.  Seems ludicrous to cancel the West fixtures as pretty much no bugger is interested in this tournament other than those playing in it and the freeloaders of course.

Boooooo!

I'm going along to cheer on Norn Iron in one of the fixtures.

Archived