Adverts (Again)

Bert Raccoon

Question

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Get this William Hill shit tae f**k !!!!!!!!!

Absolutely this! I gave up trying to read the politics forum because of the intrusive nature of the WH advert. I understand the need for advertising on a free site, but not when it makes the site unusable.

49 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

The avacados advert alongside the go outdoors advert are slowing the website down to a literal stand still at some points, constantly having to refresh because the page becomes unresponsive.

Having Gary Barlow screaming fly high directly into my lug with the Go Outdoors advert is verging on infuriating.

Div employing similar tactics to US special forces. About time he started to do something to drive down the number of Falkirk fans on here.

On 6/7/2018 at 09:07, Eednud said:

Why have I started getting ads using the iOS app? First noticed them about 2 hours ago.

There are no adverts at all enabled on the App.  Can you post up a screengrab please?

20 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Alright, what's this pish? Take my money and get me out of this ad-ridden hell, you insatiable currency overlord!

Pish.png

Yeah sorry about that, you already have an outstanding renewal on your account because you used to have a Platinum Subscription that you let expire. I've re-sent the renewal invoice for that which you should have got by now. You can re-subscribe through that or if you click Store, Orders you'll now see a payment button there to renew.

Appreciate your support!

5 hours ago, Mr Spoons said:

Absolutely this! I gave up trying to read the politics forum because of the intrusive nature of the WH advert. I understand the need for advertising on a free site, but not when it makes the site unusable.

TBH most people give up trying to read the politics forum because it's absolutely shite.

25 minutes ago, Div said:

Looks like there are some problematic ads in the pool, I will speak to the ad guys.

You can of course view the site completely free of adverts by taking out a Platinum Subscription. £1 a month!

Buy here; http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/store/

Otherwise, the ads keep the site free!

Alright, what's this pish? Take my money and get me out of this ad-ridden hell, you insatiable currency overlord!

Pish.png

I was a platinum member out of goodwill towards a site that I read often. Decided not to renew now div wants to push people into it by making the original  product shiter rather than provide an alternative incentive for people to part with a tenner. Very lazy/arrogant  business practice imo. 

There's always  ways around things like this or an alternative if you've lost goodwill towards the people that are asking for your cash. 

Just now, Eednud said:

[quote post=Ta, can you close the app down and re-open please?

Bonzer Div. Looks like that’s solved the problem. emoji482.png

No bother. Sorry about that lads, fucking app, fucking bastarding fucking app!!!

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Hi Div, only started happening with very recent iOS update. Usually it’s for games, but here I’ve got some Arabic money launderer.

IMG_0041.jpg

Ta, can you close the app down and re-open please?

There are now about 5 different types of shite ad that impact the forum in their own unique way.

In addition to the the likes of the Wolfenstein/WH ones mentioned above (which are still annoying us all, btw), I've been running into another one the past few days. It's an advert for some wee baby toy with this woman talking in the most childish, patronising voice ever (as if it's the 2-year-old browsing the forum that's going to see/hear it), and it just plays repeatedly at the bottom of the page. It doesn't get in the way from a visual standpoint, but the audio just goes on and on and on and can't be stopped. Which if you're trying to listen to music or something while on the forum, is just a fucking nightmare.

Not against adverts on websites when they work. But for some reason they're an absolute disaster on P&B which genuinely make browsing the forum a pain in the arse when they decide to affect you.

I've noted that our supplier had decided to enable ads in our App without telling us!

I have now disabled those. Please close the app down and re-open, should now be gone.

Apologies for that. Please confirm now ok.

THAT FUCKING APP WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME.

New one on the desktop site. A Simplylife ad which takes up the whole page, prevents you from clicking on anything and is impossible to close down. Only way past it is to refresh the page completely and hope it doesn't appear again.

Ironically, the caption in the ad is "what's your niggle?"

Get it in the fucking bin.

There are no adverts at all enabled on the App.  Can you post up a screengrab please?

Hi Div, only started happening with very recent iOS update. Usually it’s for games, but here I’ve got some Arabic money launderer.

IMG_0041.jpg

Archived