Adverts (Again)

Bert Raccoon

Question

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 6/7/2018 at 09:07, Eednud said:

Why have I started getting ads using the iOS app? First noticed them about 2 hours ago.

There are no adverts at all enabled on the App.  Can you post up a screengrab please?

I paid my money but now I get ads on the iOS app. Makes the app as useful as a tits on a bull. 

Same here.

And the ads are nonsensically irrelevant. Plants vs Zombies and other computer games which I don’t play and never will. Plus Facebook, which I already use.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Slightly off topic, I wonder what would happen if Div made P&B a pay only site.  £10 or maybe only £5 for ALL registered users.

No more need for ads and surely most folk on here would continue for the sake of 10p or 20p per week.  

Obviously if this happens I will be looking for commission.

f**k that

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Total Warhammer advert isn't going away when you 'X' it thus making P&B inaccessible at times on my work computer.

I can't even sign in as Total Warhammer refuses to x off. See also my earlier question re Disney ads. This one will need more than as fucking cat. A nuke maybe? but any suggestions welcome:guns

12 hours ago, Div said:

Yeah sorry about that, you already have an outstanding renewal on your account because you used to have a Platinum Subscription that you let expire. I've re-sent the renewal invoice for that which you should have got by now. You can re-subscribe through that or if you click Store, Orders you'll now see a payment button there to renew.

Appreciate your support!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhthatfeelssomuchbetter.

20 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Alright, what's this pish? Take my money and get me out of this ad-ridden hell, you insatiable currency overlord!

Pish.png

Yeah sorry about that, you already have an outstanding renewal on your account because you used to have a Platinum Subscription that you let expire. I've re-sent the renewal invoice for that which you should have got by now. You can re-subscribe through that or if you click Store, Orders you'll now see a payment button there to renew.

Appreciate your support!

5 hours ago, Mr Spoons said:

Absolutely this! I gave up trying to read the politics forum because of the intrusive nature of the WH advert. I understand the need for advertising on a free site, but not when it makes the site unusable.

TBH most people give up trying to read the politics forum because it's absolutely shite.

25 minutes ago, Div said:

Looks like there are some problematic ads in the pool, I will speak to the ad guys.

You can of course view the site completely free of adverts by taking out a Platinum Subscription. £1 a month!

Buy here; http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/store/

Otherwise, the ads keep the site free!

Alright, what's this pish? Take my money and get me out of this ad-ridden hell, you insatiable currency overlord!

Pish.png

10 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Get this William Hill shit tae f**k !!!!!!!!!

Absolutely this! I gave up trying to read the politics forum because of the intrusive nature of the WH advert. I understand the need for advertising on a free site, but not when it makes the site unusable.

Totally agree that the ads are a pain.   If the makers of the pies and the makers of Bovril are not prepared to fund the site time for Div to rename it after some companies who would properly fund it.            With a bit of work by Div in a years time we could be hearing ............"Sorry honey I will put the bins out when I'm finished in the Tampax and  Toblerone Zone"   

Slightly off topic, I wonder what would happen if Div made P&B a pay only site.  £10 or maybe only £5 for ALL registered users.

No more need for ads and surely most folk on here would continue for the sake of 10p or 20p per week.  

Obviously if this happens I will be looking for commission.

Archived