Adverts (Again)

Bert Raccoon

Question

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

The avacados advert alongside the go outdoors advert are slowing the website down to a literal stand still at some points, constantly having to refresh because the page becomes unresponsive.

Having Gary Barlow screaming fly high directly into my lug with the Go Outdoors advert is verging on infuriating.

Having much of the same problem.

This is the only page that I can access regularly without freezing;

image.png.f33bc1f2d3990018a6779f469b999f5a.png

Really not keen on the idea of looking at Steven's face for any longer than I need to.

19 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The Vauxhall’s advert is making the desktop version pretty unusable, takes over the whole page when you click anywhere.

I was just about to post this. Trying to submit a post but when you click  'Submit reply' it directs you to the Vauxhall advert.

On 19/01/2018 at 08:45, Uncle Psychosis said:

Yup, I'm getting this too. 

The ads are making the site unusable for me. Ads that take over the browser completely and do that stupid multiple redirect thing so you can't even hit back, and other ads that open the play store to install betting apps. Happens all the bloody time. 

Sounds like this tbh

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/hackers-behind-a-billion-dodgy-web-adverts-11219278?__twitter_impression=true

The avacados advert alongside the go outdoors advert are slowing the website down to a literal stand still at some points, constantly having to refresh because the page becomes unresponsive.

Having Gary Barlow screaming fly high directly into my lug with the Go Outdoors advert is verging on infuriating.

49 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Div employing similar tactics to US special forces. About time he started to do something to drive down the number of Falkirk fans on here.

28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Div employing similar tactics to US special forces. About time he started to do something to drive down the number of Falkirk fans on here.

Hearing Gary Barlow every single time you refresh the page has a high chance of driving the number of active users on P&B down by at  least 75%. Not just Falkirk fans.

Archived