Fortnite Battle Royale

Dindeleux

If I can put my boring hat on for a second, it's actually scary how many kids (boys especially) think that playing computer games is a realistic career path nowadays.

Lucrative Twitch career aged 18. Severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome sufferer aged 30.

32 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Finally hit a 100 wins today. Easily the best online shooter I've played since Halo 3.

Christ. I've made the top 3 once or twice and that's because I camped like f**k until the end. :lol: 

Christ. I've made the top 3 once or twice and that's because I camped like f**k until the end. [emoji38] 

Haha. I was terrible to begin with even though i play shooters regularly. Quite a hard game to get used to. Only advice i would say is get fairly decent at building, crouch when using assault rifles, and aim for the head especially with shotguns.

Haha. I was terrible to begin with even though i play shooters regularly. Quite a hard game to get used to. Only advice i would say is get fairly decent at building, crouch when using assault rifles, and aim for the head especially with shotguns.

Aim for the head? That's easier said than done when the c***s are bouncing up and down like Bugs Bunny on speed [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

If I can put my boring hat on for a second, it's actually scary how many kids (boys especially) think that playing computer games is a realistic career path nowadays.

Can see where you're coming from, but it genuinely is becoming a career path now. Ninja has supposedly made $1 million in a month and there are hundreds of content creators on YouTube/Twitch these days who are making a lot of money. If it comes crashing down and you're well known enough, you'd more than likely be sorted for a job with a digital marketing company, gaming company etc.

Win number 2 came this morning! Fiancee woke me up when she was off to her work at half 7. Couldn't get back to sleep despite being knackered so put the game on.

First game and I won [emoji38] Final 3 saw me spy one of the others and get to higher ground to take him out.

Got to the hill and saw the other player heading right towards the other with neither knowing! Watched them battle it out and then took out the remaining dude.

Thankfully I had just enough ammo....20180317_083001.jpg

You never know. Put in the hours making videos etc on YouTube and stream any old shite on Twitch and they could well make a decent living for themselves.

A guy I was at school and played football with left in 5th year and was in and out of shitty jobs for a number of years while sitting on his arse playing his Xbox360, being fed and watered by his mum who was supported by his dad who worked offshore. Long story short, he's been making youtube videos for a number of years now playing games - he's just traded his Ferrari 458 for a Lamborghini Aventador LP750 worth £330k.

He's a genuine idiot too but absolutely fair play to him. However his videos are genuinely shite so I don't see what the attraction is myself but there must be some element to have over 800k subscribers.

On 3/13/2018 at 17:13, G_Man1985 said:
On 3/13/2018 at 16:56, The Grass Is Greener. said:
Anyone caught any videos of that Ninja guy? He’s a streamer and some of the stuff he does is proper ridiculous.

Just mental how fast he is in the game

I've seen a few videos of a bloke called the Myth and the rate at which he builds is just ridiculous. 

I've seen a few videos of a bloke called the Myth and the rate at which he builds is just ridiculous. 

Is this a cross platform game? I always think it looks quicker to build on PC.

Starting to get the bug for this. Pretty addictive stuff.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It certainly looks much faster to be able to build on PC. Could just be that I need to practice more as I can never build a decent base quickly on Xbox

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye it's on PC, it does look quicker and easier to build using a keyboard from what I've seen tbf. 

Quick question, my son is bugging me to buy some V bucks for this game. More than likely going to say no but can you get all the decent loots by grinding the game or do you need to pay real money to unlock some stuff?

Edited by mrpaddyx

Quick question, my son is bugging me to buy some V bucks for this game. More that likely going to say no but can you get all the decent loots by grinding the game or do you need to pay real money to unlock some stuff?

It depends on what he's looking to buy with them, I would say, along with how much he plays the game. If you play the game a decent amount then the battle pass (850 V-bucks) represents decent value; I am fairly dead against micro-transactions etc but bought the battle pass the other day myself, the reason being that you can unlock further V-bucks by levelling up your battle pass. Already, I've amassed more than enough to buy next season's battle pass (in 42 days' time), so I didn't really begrudge paying the £8 this once when I've spent £45 on the likes of the latest CoD and spent about 5% of the time playing them, and had much less fun doing so. If he's looking to simply buy one-off cosmetic items, ie. the dances, emotes, outfits or harvesting tools, then I'd be in the "nae chance" camp.

With the battle pass itself you unlock a lot more stuff than you can get for free; you don't really get much at all without paying, but that doesn't really matter because the add-ons are all purely cosmetic. Outside of the battle pass there is a "store" within the game which offers individual items at a V-buck cost (all of which are a rip-off - you're talking about 20 quid a go for a new costume and axe combo).

In short, I would say sit him down, give him 8 quid and tell him that's the only money he's getting to spend on Fortnite. He can spunk it all away on one item if he wants, or he can buy the battle pass, earn a load more items, plus more V-bucks for perhaps another battle pass when this "season" ends in 6 weeks. If he plays the game enough he'll amass enough V-bucks to keep buying battle passes over time and maybe the odd item from the store if he's got leftover cash.

Just had a wee look there: the battle pass costs 850 and you can buy 1000 for £8. Playing for free, you can earn a maximum of 200 per 50-day season; with a battle pass, you can earn 100 incrementally up to a total of 1300. That does rely on getting to the top level in the battle pass, which would take a fair amount of play time, but if your boy plays it regularly then he should be able to get to 850 again fairly easily, given he'll have 150 spare and then the ability to earn 1500 through playing.

Thanks for the advice. I'm usually pretty much against buying loot boxes in games but I knew that since Fortnite is free there would have to be some kind of catch so that they could make money. My main experience of paying real money for extras was the shark cards in GTA, which I never bought. You could always either grind for the stuff you wanted or find a money glitch and raise the required dough that way. I've told him i'll think about it but might just let him get the battle pass.