Sign in to follow this  
Dindeleux

Fortnite Battle Royale

A PUBG ripoff, free to play on Xbox. Pretty good fun if extremely infuriating just trying to get a kill.

14 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

A PUBG ripoff, free to play on Xbox. Pretty good fun if extremely infuriating just trying to get a kill.

The one of the makers of PUBG had a freakout on twitter last week i think in regards to this, was going on about them stealing a idea, til someone pointed out they didn't invent the Battle Royale concept.

The people who brought this game out, based on what I read, made the game engine for PUBG but then just released their own version.

It is very, very similar to PUBG, to the point where they clearly know what they're doing.  But they don't own the concept, so the tantrum was a little misplaced.  Ridiculous too, given that PUBG seems to be making all of the money there is in the world right now.

It is very, very similar to PUBG, to the point where they clearly know what they're doing.  But they don't own the concept, so the tantrum was a little misplaced.  Ridiculous too, given that PUBG seems to be making all of the money there is in the world right now.

It would be like the makers of Tiger Woods back in the day complaining when Everybody’s Golf came out, it’s just a cartoon version of PUBG.

It’s still good though.

Got this game yesterday. A good laugh anyway. Got myself to 4th. Best so far

Seen a couple of Youtube videos of this when away and love the look of it.  Delighted to hear it's free on Xbox! Will be downloading tonight when I get home.  I'll be awful admittedly....

On 10/5/2017 at 00:03, G_Man1985 said:

Got this game yesterday. A good laugh anyway. Got myself to 4th. Best so far

I have now equalled the 4th place finish.  Basically spent the whole time on my own and only got 2 kills that both involved people running in front of me :lol:  Came to the end and it was a sniper battle and I just couldn't get a hit.  Loving the game - where's everybodies favourite place to land?  I tend to be in Moisty Myre where there is often 2 chests around the big tree in the middle.  Every time so far I've managed to get at least one and get a kill or two. 

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

I have now equalled the 4th place finish.  Basically spent the whole time on my own and only got 2 kills that both involved people running in front of me :lol:  Came to the end and it was a sniper battle and I just couldn't get a hit.  Loving the game - where's everybodies favourite place to land?  I tend to be in Moisty Myre where there is often 2 chests around the big tree in the middle.  Every time so far I've managed to get at least one and get a kill or two. 

Cannae beat being in "Moisty Myre" certainly...

Image result for kenneth williams

I was raging last night.  Had made it to the final 6 and had a fantastic inventory.  Built a decent base just in the circle and was feeling confident.

Fiance then shouts upstairs to me to "answer your phone if Will calls".  

Distracted for 2 seconds I turned back to see a rocket firing itself across to my base and I was dead about 5 seconds later without getting a single shot off.

Will never phoned :lol:

Did you punch will in the face for not phoning?
There are a few bridges I like to go near. Near a few buildings and few areas to hide ( then map changes to other end )

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Did you punch will in the face for not phoning?

Sadly he's offshore just now so will have to wait a few weeks for that.

Online in this is just cancerous as f**k, people pick squads then land at the opposite side of the fucking map from the rest of the team and die straight away. Then there are people teamkilling for absoloutely no reason or because you have better weapons that they want.

On 10/20/2017 at 21:49, killie_lad said:

Online in this is just cancerous as f**k, people pick squads then land at the opposite side of the fucking map from the rest of the team and die straight away. Then there are people teamkilling for absoloutely no reason or because you have better weapons that they want.

I tried playing one squad match and we all managed to land in the same area.  Landed in the same house as one teammate who got a shotgun while I picked up a shield....I was dead about 5 seconds later.  All so he could get the shield I presume.  Was possibly the most angry I've been with a game in a long time.