Saying Goodbye To John Barleycorn

Sweet Pete

The key is to drink only once per week.   That way you stay lean because booze plus munchies mean some weight gain.    I like to drink about 25 units when I drink though which is normally about 8 of the large bottles of beer.    The next day is always a lazy one, normally watching football on Sky followed by a light gym session which helps me sleep the following evening.   

But I'd rather go balls deep in alcohol once a week than have a real ale every night.   

How are folk still not getting that everyone's metabolism and how their bodies process alcohol is/are different? What some folk would be fine with would have others very drunk and feeling shite the next day

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How are folk still not getting that everyone's metabolism and how their bodies process alcohol is/are different? What some folk would be fine with would have others very drunk and feeling shite the next day

This. I know folk who appear pretty pished after 2 pints, a few who still look and act the same after 12, and everything in between. I certainly haven't read any of these posts as being boastful. 

Yeah I can't believe some are trying to say that a certain, fairly reasonable amount, would undoubtedly get everyone drunk. I went to uni with a guy who just could not get pished, seemingly regardless of what he drank. Until one night people bought him 9 litres of Frosty Jacks manky rocket fuel cider. Still wasn't wildly drunk and throwing up, but at least had a bit of a stagger. Whereas if I had 3 litres of the stuff I'd be fairly steaming.

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah I can't believe some are trying to say that a certain, fairly reasonable amount, would undoubtedly get everyone drunk. I went to uni with a guy who just could not get pished, seemingly regardless of what he drank. Until one night people bought him 9 litres of Frosty Jacks manky rocket fuel cider. Still wasn't wildly drunk and throwing up, but at least had a bit of a stagger. Whereas if I had 3 litres of the stuff I'd be fairly steaming.

It's his teeth I'd be worried about drinking that stuff.

Jacking it for good after Christmas and only one pint or so until then. I enjoy it but it's just not worth it. The whole Scottish macho drinking culture saddens me. So you can go into a bar and buy a legal produce and drink it. Wow you must be something special. Longest I've gone before was five months or so so I know I can do it for good. With the new price increase its good timing.

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Surely people can stop or cut back on their drinking without making a big deal about it or feeling the need to justify it.

It's an emotive subject for some. I have never been able to do moderation but it has always been a big part of my life. Not having booze around is like a bereavement - and a bad one, not just an old granny or other decrepit relative. 

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's an emotive subject for some. I have never been able to do moderation but it has always been a big part of my life. Not having booze around is like a bereavement - and a bad one, not just an old granny or other decrepit relative. 

Do I really mean that little to you?  :bairn