Players coming through

football maniac

image.jpg

Check out the face on him, he's obviously been told he could be in the running for Strachan's job if he keeps this up!!!

Or he may just have been watching the Slovenia game, I'm sure my puss was kind of similar, especially at the Martin substitution!!!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brentford's Lewis McLeod has just returned after around a year out with injury. Aidan Nesbitt is getting games under Robbie Neilson at MK Dons. Hope Josh Kerr does well at Brighton.

Not necessarily "coming through" but worth considering. Jamie Murphy, called up for the last England game, is worth another look if he can get regular games for Brighton. Josh McEachran (Brentford, ex Chelsea) is still eligible to play for Scotland.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

image.jpg

Frankly, he looks disgusted to be doing the photoshoot. Love his attempt at a 'smile'.

On a serious note: Gemmill is probably a decent shout to take over the top job eventually, if he continues to deliver good results and competent footballing sides at the under age groups. That approach has worked well for Germany. 

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Brentford's Lewis McLeod has just returned after around a year out with injury. Aidan Nesbitt is getting games under Robbie Neilson at MK Dons. Hope Josh Kerr does well at Brighton.

Not necessarily "coming through" but worth considering. Jamie Murphy, called up for the last England game, is worth another look if he can get regular games for Brighton. Josh McEachran (Brentford, ex Chelsea) is still eligible to play for Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Frankly, he looks disgusted to be doing the photoshoot. Love that he even attempts to smile.

The friendly face of Scottish football.  And to think some people say Scottish football has a marketing problem.  A miserable man with an A3 piece of cardboard in an empty stadium.  

Guest Bob Mahelp

Amazed that nobody has mentioned Ryan Christie. He's went from forgotten substitute to the first name (with Shinnie) down on the Dons teamsheet.

IMHO he's a better player than McGinn, more consistent, creates more chances and scores more goals. He's easily one of the most naturally talented players in Scotland.

Weird that he never gets a mention. But then again he pulls on a red shirt so maybe it's not....

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Amazed that nobody has mentioned Ryan Christie. He's went from forgotten substitute to the first name (with Shinnie) down on the Dons teamsheet.

IMHO he's a better player than McGinn, more consistent, creates more chances and scores more goals. He's easily one of the most naturally talented players in Scotland.

Weird that he never gets a mention. But then again he pulls on a red shirt so maybe it's not....

Ryan Christie is dug meat, seriously who is he gonna oust fae the team.

He's a completely different player in a different position to Mcginn so redundant argument there.

I don't think he's consistent enough yet but he looks like a very promising talent if he continues to improve. Shame Rodgers didn't see enough to want to work with him

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

I always knew you were a troll. No one could possibly be as thick as you

Your suggestions are dug meat tae, just like Ryan Christie not exactly hard looking average in a team full of dug meat. 

On 10/11/2017 at 12:35, albagubrath said:

I'd agree with you on Sbragia,  he  had his teams playing limited football and was pretty unsuccessful. I would also agree that was true of Billy Knox's teams (and at times frankly bizarre selections). I'm not sure that's an entirely fair accusation to throw at Gemmill though.  Gemmill, seemed to play a more modern brand of football with the 17s when he took over in 2014 and their 2014 tournament was the best ever for a Scottish 17s side (incidentally the best ever year for the 16s in European competition too). His 21s have apparently got a less developed style, although I'm yet to see much of them. I would hope that as his performance school pupils start to make it to that age group (the first batch of which could take up to 4 more years!) we will see the style change. I would hope they have put Gemmill into the job with that in mind.

People place far too much importance on the style of play of the national sides at Youth level, they are largely irrelevant. A player will play 5-6 youth international games a year, as opposed to 40 odd games for his club and 100's of hours training. That is what will decide the level the player will make it at. It's understandable as the only games we see them play are the Scotland ones so we think those are the ones that are having a big influence, but they really aren't.

It nearly passed me by, but Davis Keillor-Dunn recently said it's his intention to play for Scotland, following his grandfather's wishes.  I'd have him in the Under 21s pronto.  Also he has a great name.

It nearly passed me by, but Davis Keillor-Dunn recently said it's his intention to play for Scotland, following his grandfather's wishes.  I'd have him in the Under 21s pronto.  Also he has a great name.

Haven't seen anything of him. Take it he looks decent - or is it just the name you like? ;)

Haven't seen anything of him. Take it he looks decent - or is it just the name you like? [emoji6]

He’s been excellent. Man of the match in about half the games he’s started, left sided midfielder with confidence and a deft wee trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived