Players coming through

football maniac

What you've seen he's had a handle full of games,  if your such an expert talent spotter and fault picker your in the wrong job dude, get your applications into barcelona.

Are you suggesting it's moronic to predict a players future based on one game?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you suggesting it's moronic to predict a players future based on one game?

Yes I am, my original post regarding this was stating it's a bit harsh slagging him off as not good enough after a handful of games. I know your trying to be a smart arse cherry picking my post but it clearly states he will improve over time. Hope that clears it up for the world's best scout

21 hours ago, Paco said:

McCrorie is only being mentioned because of a solid Old Firm performance. He's made one other appearance for Rangers, where he was dung, and had a couple of underwhelming loan stints with Ayr United & Dumbarton. I hope he makes it but I don't think we should be pinning our hopes on him just yet. He'll fade back into obscurity when Alves is fit again, much like David Bates (albeit Bates is currently injured).

McCrorie has come through all the age groups and is well known to anyone with a knowledge of the national teams. If you hadn't heard of him before the Old Firm game, you need to do more homework.

2 hours ago, woof! said:

McCrorie has come through all the age groups and is well known to anyone with a knowledge of the national teams. If you hadn't heard of him before the Old Firm game, you need to do more homework.

Not sure where I said I'd never heard of him before. I've seen him play on several occasions, and I wouldn't use  an Old Firm player playing for the Scottish under 19's  / 21's as any  kind of barometer for success. 

As I said, I hope he makes it, but a steady performance in one match doesn't make a new hero, just as a poor one the following week at Hamilton doesn't write him off. But I'd be willing to bet if Rangers keep two of Cardoso, Alves and Wilson fit then he won't be seen again - much like Bates, who ended last season and started this in the team before being dropped (and like I initially said, he's now injured himself). 

Let's revisit in a couple of months and see where he's at. 

Another shout for Harry Cochrane and Callumn Morrison

I share an office with a few Jambos and they speak highly of Cochrane. I have no idea if it's true or if it's just a bunch of pissed up guys putting 2 + 2 together but I have heard a rumour that the Hearts plan is for Morrison to be on loan to us until Christmas and then for Cochrane to come and replace him until the end of the season, with the option of extending it into next season as well.

I share an office with a few Jambos and they speak highly of Cochrane. I have no idea if it's true or if it's just a bunch of pissed up guys putting 2 + 2 together but I have heard a rumour that the Hearts plan is for Morrison to be on loan to us until Christmas and then for Cochrane to come and replace him until the end of the season, with the option of extending it into next season as well.

He was involved a lot under cathro then Levein came in and he was a bit forgotten about but is obviously getting back involved now. Wouldn’t surprise me if we brought one or two in Jan and Cochrane went out for some regular game time. Everyone ‘itk’ speaks highly of him.
And Morrison seems to be doing well just now, getting a bit of excitement around him.

10 hours ago, kenny131 said:

If he can handle an old firm derby that well against a very good celtic team at that age and having had so little 1st team experience I, m not sure really what more the kid can do. He's a baby and the more games he gets the better he will become. Your being very harsh on the young man or is your hate for anything rangers clouding your view.

^^^big team found.

Archived