Forfar Athletic v Stranraer

Seems to be next to no enthusiasm for this one, so let’s whip some up ?!

Forfar off-form and without a manager and Stranraer apparently all over the shop with fans wondering how you can cruise to victory in the first half at Cliftonhill, then slump to abject defeat by half time against Arbroath.

This one had a bit of a reputation of being won by whoever was at home until recently - from our point of view be interesting to see what changes Faz will make following Saturday’s meltdown.

Think I would consider bringing in Currie, Robbo, Lang and Turner, and that’s without knowing whether or not Woods is fit.

Looking forward to a return to one of my favourite venues - not sure if I’m looking forward to the actual game!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree on Robbo, and Lang.

Not sure about Currie.

Turner.  Without looking at stats etc, I just have the thought that when he plays Stranraer lose. 

Certainly interesting.  I hope the team also shows some interest this Saturday.

I agree with Clayhole Blue re changes , Belford making quite a few mistakes recently and a rest might do him good ,I rate Turner and think he always looks to get forward at every opportunity, rarely puts a foot wrong but don't think the manager fancies him , Robbo needs to come in at right back as Hamil struggles there and I've been quite impressed with Lang when he's been given the chance .

After such a terrible defeat it would be wrong in my eyes not to make changes , poor guys sitting on the bench week in week out is understandable if we were winning all the time but when we suffer such a heavy defeat they must be given a chance .

hoping Arbroath was a one off , against Forfar we have to get going from the first whistle and not take ages to get into the game .

Probably will be a couple of changes ,but I'll go with just the 2,Robbo and Turner in,not sure who'll drop to the bench but can't see Woods being fit,looked like  2 or 3 weeks out to me.Somebody said have got to start at a better pace,agree,against a team  who  have one win in League 1 this season.Quite sure players will be bursting to get last weeks defeat out of the system

I'd have Hamill down at Stair Park for the reserve game against Threave to observe how to play right back.

Find a place for Kyle Turner and get him in as captain. The only player with a bit of heart last week. Would struggle to give anyone pass marks but could just about give some to Kyle for not burying his head in the sand, was prepared to bark orders at the rest of the team and tried to gee everyone up while our experienced players shirked away.

Well pretty poor from us. Injuries throughout match didnt help. However the subs and reorganisation perhaps did. Agnew should have equalised in first half. Forfar could have been out of sight in 2nd half despite stranraer playing better. Belford making some great saves. Agnews 30yarder was parried okoh hit bar with rebound a bad miss. However with last kick of the game stoney finished well.
Some ref that. He should learn not all physical challenges are fouls.

Archived