Ayrshire Aces -V- Methill Minks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was 99% wind but it has been the last three weeks that he's been "one week away"

It's Craig Moore! He's always one week away!

I do think that he should just stop putting timescales on players returns as they always seem to drag on. Although no doubt folk would just moan about a lack of communication in that case haha.

It's Craig Moore! He's always one week away!

I do think that he should just stop putting timescales on players returns as they always seem to drag on. Although no doubt folk would just moan about a lack of communication in that case haha.

I gave up believing anything that comes out McCalls mouth about 18 months ago.

1 hour ago, east fife for life said:

Straight red for Page! Big miss in coming weeks. Damage limitation now emoji22.png

I didn't have a great view of the tackle, but where i was standing it looked like he kicked his studs right into the Ayr players chest,  Other folk around me said they didn't think it was worth a red.  The way that referee was today I'm not surprised he showed the red card.

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Geggan's was a well worked goal, thought Higgin's might have been credited as an O.G. Missed a bunch of chances, should have been 5 or 6. East Fife were shite.

East Fife have been the worst team that I've seen at Somerset this season, they are very lucky it was only 3-0

Ayr were ok today, again came flying out the traps at the start of both halfs and looked unstoppable, up until about the 15min mark where we stop passing the ball about with any pace, not much movement and generally make things difficult for ourselves. We didn't create too many clear cut chances but never looked like conceding a goal, Hart had one save to make and it was more or less blasted straight at him. 

Geggans goal was a thing of beauty, great diagonal ball from Boyle finds Shankland in acres of space with plenty of time but plays a quick header to Geggan who blasted it.

Again the ref was poor, blatant shove on Geggan in the box missed then booked Shankland for what looked like a total dive 5 seconds later. gave a free-kick for hand ball that was at least a foot inside the 18 yard box and gave a straight red card for what looked like a fresh air swipe at the ball that accidentally caught McDaid but missed a cynical elbow on Doc that led to him booting the number 19 about four feet in the air and getting subbed before he saw red. 

East Fife didn't look great, no one stood out as being particularly good or bad but there didn't seem to be a shape or game plan from them and if they can't compete against an Ayr midfield with neither Doc or Adams in it then you have problems. 

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr were ok today, again came flying out the traps at the start of both halfs and looked unstoppable, up until about the 15min mark where we stop passing the ball about with any pace, not much movement and generally make things difficult for ourselves. We didn't create too many clear cut chances but never looked like conceding a goal, Hart had one save to make and it was more or less blasted straight at him. 

Geggans goal was a thing of beauty, great diagonal ball from Boyle finds Shankland in acres of space with plenty of time but plays a quick header to Geggan who blasted it.

Again the ref was poor, blatant shove on Geggan in the box missed then booked Shankland for what looked like a total dive 5 seconds later. gave a free-kick for hand ball that was at least a foot inside the 18 yard box and gave a straight red card for what looked like a fresh air swipe at the ball that accidentally caught McDaid but missed a cynical elbow on Doc that led to him booting the number 19 about four feet in the air and getting subbed before he saw red. 

East Fife didn't look great, no one stood out as being particularly good or bad but there didn't seem to be a shape or game plan from them and if they can't compete against an Ayr midfield with neither Doc or Adams in it then you have problems. 

So the ref had a phenomenal game then?

Archived