Ayrshire Aces -V- Methill Minks

Massive game for us and a game we must simply take 3 points from if we have any aspirations of catching Raith Rovers. We were total dugmeat on Saturday and could have had no complaints if we lost that game with the amount of chances Queen's Park created. East Fife are coming off a good win against an albeit poor Forfar side so this will be a tough game.

McCall stated in his Post-Match interview with AU Meida that he is almost certain Paddy Boyle and Craig Moore will be back for this one with Alan Forrest also a possibility. If they are all fit I'd bring Boyle straight back in at LB and stick Moore and Forrest on the bench. Also get Brian Gilmour in the sea.

I'd go:

Hart

Geggan

Reid

Higgins

Boyle

McDaid

Adams

Docherty

McGuffie

Moffat

Shankland

Subs- Avci, Ferguson, Gilmour, Forrest, Murphy, McCowan, Moore

2-0 Ayr with Shankland scoring for the 4th game in a row and Moffat getting his 100th goal against the team he scored his 50th against.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian McCall says he’s itching for the return of top scorer Craig Moore so Ayr United can unleash a three-pronged attack on League One.

Somerset Park boss McCall is keen to team up Moore with Lawrence Shankland who has scored four goals in three games.

And he is excited at the prospect of fielding 99-goal Michael Moffat just behind them.

McCall claimed: “We need to get Moff back on the boil but playing the three of them is certainly something we’ll look at.

“It’s a formation which could be quite good. It’s probably too early for this game (East Fife) as I would like to have a week to work on that system.

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Cramming all your best players into the team at the expense of any sort of team structure/shape always ends well. 

Only way I can see it being played. 

LINEUP111506517131156.png

37 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Cramming all your best players into the team at the expense of any sort of team structure/shape always ends well. 

It certainly beats cramming crap players into positions they're not suited to.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Only way I can see it being played.

LINEUP111506517131156.png

I like the look of that and it will only get better when Crawford returns and Geggan can be moved back to Right back and Reid can replace Rose at CB however I think its stil really harsh on Declan McDaid who has been our best performer so far imo.  A quick winger who can beat his man is what we've been missing for a few seasons.

Massive game for us and a game we must simply take 3 points from if we have any aspirations of catching Raith Rovers. We were total dugmeat on Saturday and could have had no complaints if we lost that game with the amount of chances Queen's Park created. East Fife are coming off a good win against an albeit poor Forfar side so this will be a tough game.
McCall stated in his Post-Match interview with AU Meida that he is almost certain Paddy Boyle and Craig Moore will be back for this one with Alan Forrest also a possibility. If they are all fit I'd bring Boyle straight back in at LB and stick Moore and Forrest on the bench. Also get Brian Gilmour in the sea.
I'd go:
Hart

Geggan
Reid
Higgins
Boyle

McDaid
Adams
Docherty
McGuffie

Moffat
Shankland

Subs- Avci, Ferguson, Gilmour, Forrest, Murphy, McCowan, Moore

2-0 Ayr with Shankland scoring for the 4th game in a row and Moffat getting his 100th goal against the team he scored his 50th against.

Aye that measured assist on Saturday was no use - get him to f**k [emoji23]

Aye that measured assist on Saturday was no use - get him to f**k [emoji23]

Great assist but he’ll only do that a couple times a season.

Always liked him tbf but he’s not good enough to be in a squad going for the title.

Great assist but he’ll only do that a couple times a season.

Always liked him tbf but he’s not good enough to be in a squad going for the title.

If he somehow found the form from last time we were in league one then he's a brilliant squad player.

Unfortunately not sure that's going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Mis-spelling the visitors' home town and attempting to play the socio-economic card in the thread title. A Stranraer fan at the wind-up surely?

Methhill works a lot better than Methil for what i was suggesting. At least your not bothered though. 

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Get gilly in the bin, he should have been no where near this squad.

Someone said about having Reid at CB for rose that is ridiculous how many goals has he cost is alone this season?

None that I can think of? Much prefer him to Rose who remains a bombscare. 

[emoji23] at all the folk that believed McCalls pish Moore misses out again

He said he hoped he would be back but didn't want to say for definite just in case. Also hinted that he hadn't trained.

OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

I'm actually beginning to think you are at the wind up haha

Archived