Fibromyalgia

pawpar

30 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That's the symptoms. I gave you the root cause. Pain in shoulders and elbows are very often caused by cervical spinal disc overlaying issues. Leg pain is often due to lower lumber disc issues.

Fatigue is a proven associated link to chronic pain.

Thank you.

The NHS would appear to disgaree with you and agree with Ross - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The word just means muscle pain. Doctors jumble Latin and and Greek together to make laymen think they know what they're talking about. 

-Doctor, I have sore muscles.

-Ah, looks like case of Fibromyalgia, here's some painkillers.

It's certainly true that people have problems with chronic back, limb and joint pain. The big problem with diagnosing that as fibromyalgia is that it isnt really attributing the cause of the problem. Nobody knows what the root causes are so they use a catch all term that accounts for a range of common symptoms without actually being linked to a medically known cause.

Is it caused by faulty pain receptors/nerves sending incorrect messages that the brain processes as pain?

Is there another specific cause that can seen as the source of the problem?

Thats where the paralels with ME are. It's a diagnosis of a set of symptoms without actually explaining the root cause.

It's a neurological problem, not a problem with discs in the back. John Lambies Doos is an eejit. My maw has fybromyalgia and is registered disabled. It's sometimes known as chronic fatigue syndrome and her description is that the fatigue is as bad as the pain that comes packaged with the condition. It's a shit show of a condition. As for whether it's real or not, it wouldn't be a widely occurring, benefits agency recognised disability if it weren't, despite what the idiots on this thread may claim about it being made up, or a misdiagnosis, or a fancy word for back pain, or caused by weight.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

How does one get a diagnosis, what I'm getting from this you could just constantly make up your have sore joints?

Not necessarily, no. There's far more to the condition than simply sore joints. And, of course, any doctor worth their salt would spot someone talking shite consistently. It's neurological, i.e, of the brain, so there are myriad weird and uncomfortable symptoms associated with it. But, as with many neuro conditions, because it's not easily pigeonholed, it's often misunderstood, or as we've seen here outright derided by morons.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Not necessarily, no. There's far more to the condition than simply sore joints. And, of course, any doctor worth their salt would spot someone talking shite consistently. It's neurological, i.e, of the brain, so there are myriad weird and uncomfortable symptoms associated with it. But, as with many neuro conditions, because it's not easily pigeonholed, it's often misunderstood, or as we've seen here outright derided by morons.

Wow...

I think the fact that 7 times as many women claim to have this mystery condition tells you everything you need to know.

14 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

And you would understand it better than reams of medical experts of course.

Mental that you can just invent sore joints and the government will ask no questions and put you on disability benefits. Surprised more people aren't pretending they have it.

Archived