Fibromyalgia

pawpar

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, pawpar said:

So fibromyaligia real or not discuss.

My cousin has this apparently to the extent her parents have argued for and got her registered as disabled yet she find the energy to go off on holiday in Europe with her friends.

I'm sure the condition does exist, just not in her!

58 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Not real, no one test will confirm a diagnosis of fybromyalgia

Its what's called a hail mary diagnosis, given when no other reason can be found for fatigue or pain.

They used to say that about M.E.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Not real, no one test will confirm a diagnosis of fybromyalgia

Its what's called a hail mary diagnosis, given when no other reason can be found for fatigue or pain.

Can the existence of the fatigue and pain be measured?

To save me googling, what is fibromyalgia? I'm assuming it's not a sort of fungi which it sounds like.

I'm also hoping P&B will have more amusing definitions than google would.

Back issue caused by spine overlaps. Most back problems are caused by disc issues. Where back issues are real and sometimes chronic, I think they often use this diagnosis when they can't find anything.

Stretching, keeping a belly off and moderate exercise is best conservative treatment for back problems.

In summary majority of people with fibromyalgia are probably fat b*****ds

Back issue caused by spine overlaps. Most back problems are caused by disc issues. Where back issues are real and sometimes chronic, I think they often use this diagnosis when they can't find anything.
Stretching, keeping a belly off and moderate exercise is best conservative treatment for back problems.

Jack's grandad, can you confirm?

31 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Have an ex who had Fibromyalgia. She was a size 8. Usually her shoulders and elbows that she complained about pain in, as well as being constantly knackered. Not sure what you describe is anything close to it.

Have an ex who had Fibromyalgia. She was a size 8. Usually her shoulders and elbows that she complained about pain in, as well as being constantly knackered. Not sure what you describe is anything close to it.

That's the symptoms. I gave you the root cause. Pain in shoulders and elbows are very often caused by cervical spinal disc overlaying issues. Leg pain is often due to lower lumber disc issues.

Fatigue is a proven associated link to chronic pain.

Thank you.

My ex has it and it was particularly bad on her knees but all of her joints essentially. There seems to be an argument that psychology is a big factor in causing or perpetuating it but there's been so little done on it that it's difficult to say. Nothing for it either except dosing yourself up on painkillers and trying to keep fit so you don't tire yourself out easily. My ex managed to get on disability benefits though which should be a good indicator of its existence considering the government thinks Parkinson's isn't enough to keep you out of the workplace.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That's the symptoms. I gave you the root cause. Pain in shoulders and elbows are very often caused by cervical spinal disc overlaying issues. Leg pain is often due to lower lumber disc issues.

Fatigue is a proven associated link to chronic pain.

Thank you.

You may be right, but my memory of it was more that it was thought to be a psychological thing(ie, all in her head according to at least one GP she went to) than anything they could explain from a phsyical issue. She also went through periods were it didn't affect her at all. Whatever the case, she got a f**k load of industrial painkillers any time it flared up which didn't seem to do much for the pain.

Archived