stirling albion v elgin

pete 3

refreshing to see that even when sides not quite on their game . we still manage to pick up the three points . can emphatically  say that would not have happened a year ago for sure .dave mackay has totally transformed the club from top to bottom .and will almost certainly pick up the maanager off the month award with another win on sat 

players are working harder than ive seen them in some time . because the gaffer doesnt sit on his laurels . at the moment in the case of cammy binnie hes not afraid to make changes benching him at the weekend . although i believe that might have been more to do with knock at montrose 

matchday experiences are once more becoming something to look forward too . and im reasonbly confident we can get the three points  at the weekend to extend our lead . same old suspect will be kicking around this week craig gunn .he seems to have been around for years . keep him quite and we should be fine . i hope caddis is back hes been one off the best players since the campaign started 

hes not showey or flash just goes about his job and adds weight to our midfield i think the key to weather we get promotion this season is seeing if we keep morrison beyond christmas  maybe buy then andy little might be back and scoring . i still feel a fully fit andy little could be the spark we need . to get us over the line  prediction for this way stirling 2 elgin 0 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, pete 3 said:

refreshing to see that even when sides not quite on their game . we still manage to pick up the three points . can emphatically  say that would not have happened a year ago for sure .dave mackay has totally transformed the club from top to bottom .and will almost certainly pick up the maanager off the month award with another win on sat 

players are working harder than ive seen them in some time . because the gaffer doesnt sit on his laurels . at the moment in the case of cammy binnie hes not afraid to make changes benching him at the weekend . although i believe that might have been more to do with knock at montrose 

matchday experiences are once more becoming something to look forward too . and im reasonbly confident we can get the three points  at the weekend to extend our lead . same old suspect will be kicking around this week craig gunn .he seems to have been around for years . keep him quite and we should be fine . i hope caddis is back hes been one off the best players since the campaign started 

hes not showey or flash just goes about his job and adds weight to our midfield i think the key to weather we get promotion this season is seeing if we keep morrison beyond christmas  maybe buy then andy little might be back and scoring . i still feel a fully fit andy little could be the spark we need . to get us over the line  prediction for this way stirling 2 elgin 0 

I think you'll find Craig Gunn won't be bothering us on Saturday, he's now at Brora Rangers. 

*and breath

first time ive felt we have a manager .whose potentially good enough to walk into a dressing room . and change things for the better .at any club outside off the old firm . hence when i hear of managerial vacencies at ross county and falkirk . i think hes good enough to manage those clubs right now . hence the worry. its not often you find a really good manager and it doesnt happen often .but i look at mackay and think we have a wee gem 

frazer wright also deserves praise .hes taken to the job well in many respects. at the moment i see them very much in the mould off kevin drinkell and ray stewart drinks was the silent partner .while stewart was more the one losing his head in the dug out they were a effective combination 

dave mackay is very much in that mould he stands on the touchline casting his eye over things . while its frazer who does a lot off the shouting . but i get the impression mackay does his talking in the dressing room . and players are left in no doubt whats expected 

i hope hes here for some time to come. but when these vacancies come up .i often wonder would he cast his mind elsewhere. its only natural   would like to see the club give him a new deal now hes earned it in my opionion  

hes given the club back to the fans in a short space off time . only 39 games in and hes already only 3 wins away from matching mclarens victory total of 22wins that took him 82 games to acheive in a season and a half he left with a 27 per cent ratio dave is currently at 47 per cent .the club and fans have never had it so good for such a long time saturdays now are a day to relish . not dread long may it continue 

Might head down for this one. Liked the shape of the team on Saturday and would keep the same again. Shane back kicking a ball again today which is good news.

Did your form not take a complete nose dive last season when he was out injured? If so I expect a very tough game if he's back.

Won't be there as I will be on a plane and won't find out the score till I land. We will need to be better than Saturday's performance if we are to beat Elgin. Can honestly see this finishing a draw.

been a long time since a albion manager has been linked with another club .dave mackay has been installed at 14 -1 in the race to be next falkirk manager . ouch now that would be a sore one if it ever came to pass .their certainly is no love lost between the two sets off fans one club i take delight in seeing humped every week 

and hopefully if smithy is put in charge for next few games. they get hammered a few times more. starting at morton on sat . dave mackay is just starting out on his mangerial career and should stick around for a few seasons more at least. till were back in league one and going well . but for once its a positive slant for the club shows what a good jobs hes doing 

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

You his agent?

Unless you enjoy reading the same, absolute nonsense repeated over and over and over and over again, then do yourself a favour and just ignore Pete's posts. People got fed up with him spouting his drivel on the Albion Forum and he went in the huff and started spouting his rubbish in a supporters club closed group on Facebook instead.  The same thing happened there and he has now moved onto P&B. People have tried every tactic to get him to stop it but he never listens.

Nothing against the guy in person but he is an absolute pest in the cyber world, my advice to you is just ignore him.

Back to the game and this is going to be another interesting one. To any Elgin fans out there... is your team attack minded or likely to sit deep and hit on the counter? 

We're pretty much all out attack so never a dull moment at forthbank these days. Can't wait for the game!! Cmon the Binos 

I'll not make the match sadly, but fingers crossed there will be an improvement on the recent displays at home. Sure, a loss to Clyde and a win against Annan is no disgraceful thing at this level, however the performances have been below par and we were, in my opinion, fortunate to pick up 3 points from those games.

I would like to see Mackay going back to the 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 (whatever way you want to look at it) that had given us the early season "success". Playing this way has ensured that our more creative players have managed to get on the ball to impact the game. With players returning from injury this formation gives him a bit of a headache on who to play, but if it isn't broke then why fix it?

one thing that worries me for sat . is coping with the physical precence . of elgin .we still seem a bit lightweight when we come up against sides with big players . we got muscled out off the game against clyde particulary by david goodwillie who ran riot 

and elgin have run riot against us a few times in recent seasons 4-0 and 4-1 at forthbank if we click at weekend im sure wel get the three points hoefully caddis might be back to add a bit of steele in midfield 

will be strange not facing the usual suspects gunn and sutherland who always seemed to score against us will be intresting to see who gets the number one spot at weekend . id go with binnie whos still a good keeper maybe just needed a reminder against annan that no player is indespensible 

Let's not get carried away. We've had a great start to the season but talk of McKay moving on to a bigger club is fanciful.

It's ridiculous anyone actually think's Falkirk would go in for Mackay as this stage, despite our great start he's hardly proven.

Should be another home win on Saturday for us, Elgin are not too great away from home.

Binnie in goal on Saturday will help steady the defence and hopefully Caddis is fit to start as well.

Hope Caddis is fit as well, he runs the midfield. We missed him vs Annan.

Archived