The Apprentice 2019

The Minertaur

Guest DAVIDB69
So happy Claude is doing the interviews!

Nothing touches Claude doing the interviews , it's the highlight of the series .

I don't mind mike Soutar bloke from Dundee as well who does them

Agree with the interviews being the best bit, catching the bullshitters out.

"It says on your CV that you ran a department of 30 and brought in multi-million contracts?"

"That is correct"

"I contacted your boss and he said you made the tea"

So happy Claude is doing the interviews!

Nothing touches Claude doing the interviews , it's the highlight of the series .

I don't mind mike Soutar bloke from Dundee as well who does them

Not to go all Buzz Killington but Claude's interviews were gash last year. Now he knows them personally it's just not the same. They have an idea what he's like, we know he's softer than his interview character as we've seen him every week and Claude himself appears tamer as he probably likes a few of them.

It was far better when he never featured until the interviews. It was indeed the highlight of the show but last year's were nowhere near as entertaining for me.

Seeing Elizabeth flap and try and brown nose the interviewers like she does Sugar and Co. should be interesting at least.

I'm not one of those easily offended arseholes but at the time I did make comment on that. Had Harrison or James asked to see the female models' stomachs or felt their groin then it would likely have been cut from the show and they'd have been asked to leave the process.

If that's classed as sexual harassment for women then the rules can't be different for guys surely.

I'm not offended by it, but there is definitely an inequality over what TV allows from girls than it does from blokes.

Take Me Out is my prime example - imagine going into a TV Exec's office and explaining the premise of the show, but with the gender roles reversed.  You wouldn't get 2 minutes, far less getting your show commissioned.

I could expand that explanation, but I sound dangerously like banana already.

I'm not offended by it, but there is definitely an inequality over what TV allows from girls than it does from blokes.
Take Me Out is my prime example - imagine going into a TV Exec's office and explaining the premise of the show, but with the gender roles reversed.  You wouldn't get 2 minutes, far less getting your show commissioned.
I could expand that explanation, but I sound dangerously like banana already.

Loose Women another example.

Take Me Out just shows how unbelievably shallow some women are. They keep their lights on if they think he's attractive and then after he says a bit about himself they buzz him out.

The show wouldn't work the other way around because if a good looking lassie came down the tunnel and all the men fancied her, unless she said she was a neo-nazi then no guy would buzz her out.

It is different though. Women being objectified is a far bigger problem with a power dynamic that isn't there with women objectifying men. I don't find myself feeling offended or concerned with women objectifying men as I've fairly little experience of being objectified, it's not something I face in my career, or something that occurs in day to day life often, whilst that largely isn't true for women.

Isn't every case going to be different, though? Can't people gauge when remarks of these nature are acceptable, or is it always unacceptable? Did that male model feel comfortable with the flirting and the comments about his six pack and somehow make this known, or was he just there doing his job when Elizabeth 'slipped' and touched his crotch 'by accident'? I'd imagine there are thousands of workplaces in the country where such comments and innuendos are reciprocated by both parties, and thousands where people (male and female) are pushed beyond their comfort zones by smutty comments and gestures.  

Im not personally offended by that stuff BUT, if women want equal rights (as they are perfectly entitled to btw) then it shouldn't be dismissed as banter or even acceptable for them to be making lewd comments about the male models and copping a sly feel.

If a male candidate made a crack about the females having big tits or slapping their arses they'd be booted off the show and propaply face howls of outcry calling for them to be charged etc, equal rights means equal treatment in all situations. 

Edited by Flybhoy