The Apprentice 2019

The Minertaur

Agree with all of the points from last night's episode.  Both teams came up with utterly shit rooms that I wouldn't pay £75.00 to stay in never mind £750.00!  I thought the Project Manager should have went - it was his wallpaper design, his lack of discussing the financial side of things.  The guy who was fired was pish as well but was less pish.

Then again though I felt that the boys should have won.  The girls room was an absolute joke - golf clubs on top of the fireplace? A giant zoomed in golf ball on the wall?  It's meant to be a 5-star hotel FFS.  They are equally as bad as the guys - "is there such a thing as a tree with fur?"

Not a single one of the 16 candidates left has done anything impressive so far. 

The Apprentice: 31 toe-curling quotes from week two that will make you cringe

:lol:

Think Srallen gets annoyed at folk ducking things, tbf the whole mens team ducked for cover all task long.  Always funny when the teams try and convince themselves they have done a good job, when in fact both rooms were so uncreative i reckon a buch of primary kids would have done better.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Wrongun said:

Think Srallen gets annoyed at folk ducking things, tbf the whole mens team ducked for cover all task long.  Always funny when the teams try and convince themselves they have done a good job, when in fact both rooms were so uncreative i reckon a buch of primary kids would have done better.

The guy who ended up PM spent ages trying to duck out of being the PM.

48 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The guy who ended up PM spent ages trying to duck out of being the PM.

but most likely he has a good business plan and will scrape through to the interviews, like we have seen in last couple of years.  Think they need to change the fomat  as it really makes little sense compared to the first few years.

I never watched this at the beginning. Was there a time when the candidates were genuinely competent? It's definitely a comedy programme ahead of a genuine business show now.

They’re not Incompetent, the tasks are set up to fail. Setting up teams of non interior designers to design a hotel room is likely going to end up in a clusterfuck and it’s made even worse by the fact that they aren’t actually a team, they are all individuals so are all trying to have an input one way or another. Sir Alan just wants to observe how certain team members handle themselves in the face of crisis and see how they interact with the client and other team members. We the audience get to see a group of people who think they’re incredible at everything get brought down a peg or two for our entertainment so the show and the tasks make sense. To say they are incompetent is harsh though as they are put into impossible situations and there is almost always no proper order in place.

Not checking a hotels room-rate when assigned to design a room for THAT ACTUAL FUCKING HOTEL, is incompetent...regardless of what your supposed field is. You don't need to be an interior designer to check a website.

Not checking a hotels room-rate when assigned to design a room for THAT ACTUAL FUCKING HOTEL, is incompetent...regardless of what your supposed field is. You don't need to be an interior designer to check a website.

Well yes that was bad, it’s the nature of group exercises though they are always a ball ache unless you can pick the group members yourself and are all used to one another.

They’re not Incompetent, the tasks are set up to fail. Setting up teams of non interior designers to design a hotel room is likely going to end up in a clusterfuck and it’s made even worse by the fact that they aren’t actually a team, they are all individuals so are all trying to have an input one way or another. Sir Alan just wants to observe how certain team members handle themselves in the face of crisis and see how they interact with the client and other team members. We the audience get to see a group of people who think they’re incredible at everything get brought down a peg or two for our entertainment so the show and the tasks make sense. To say they are incompetent is harsh though as they are put into impossible situations and there is almost always no proper order in place.

The team leader of the men failed to give them a budget. Last week they took an age to get out and sell. They then went to a pitch where there were hardly any punters. That's 3 examples off the top of my head of incompetence at a very basic business level. Regardless of their specific field, those kind of things shouldn't be happening at this (supposed) level.

I know it's edited to make them look as stupid as possible but we rarely seem to see genuine business acumen from any of the candidates nowadays.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The team leader of the men failed to give them a budget. Last week they took an age to get out and sell. They then went to a pitch where there were hardly any punters. That's 3 examples off the top of my head of incompetence at a very basic business level. Regardless of their specific field, those kind of things shouldn't be happening at this (supposed) level.

I know it's edited to make them look as stupid as possible but we rarely seem to see genuine business acumen from any of the candidates nowadays.

Sugar already knows the winner. The edge has been taken off the shows since it was based on who has the best business plan rather than who performs best on the tasks imo. One half decent looker only this year too ha. 

Sugar already knows the winner. The edge has been taken off the shows since it was based on who has the best business plan rather than who performs best on the tasks imo. One half decent looker only this year too ha. 

Absolutely. As someone has already said, this week's team leader must have a half decent business plan to avoided the chop.