jimmyg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

If I don't make it down to Irvine for the Meadow game best up here looks like,

East End v Blackburn

or what is basically a derby  Newmachar v Dyce

Allow for the fact that on the same street Aberdeen are playing Ross County at 3pm - get yourself inside East End's private off-street parking good and early.

1 minute ago, LeedsPhil said:

Allow for the fact that on the same street Aberdeen are playing Ross County at 3pm - get yourself inside East End's private off-street parking good and early.

I'll be on the bus so we should be accommodated in their car park, hopefully!

1 hour ago, Armchairfan said:

Is there a reason there is a full list of league fixtures on sjfa site for 28th or am I getting the dates mixed up?

Because a certain cantankerous egomaniac is trying to flout the will of the West Region clubs and undermine the changes to the constitution voted in at this year's AGM by:

1. Not publishing fixtures that the rules & constitution say should have been released over a month ago for the month of December and waiting until AFTER the official deadline to announce other fixtures.

2. Publishing fixtures that have no possibility of being played (e.g. for 28th October) and thereby engineering additions to his statistic of number of games postponed.

3. Unilaterally deciding there will be no fixtures on 23rd and 30th December thereby ensuring greater fixture congestion towards the end of the season that might otherwise not have happened.

The idea being that he can quote this increased number of postponements and fixture congestion at next year's AGM as an argument for undoing/delaying/amending the league reconstruction due to take place for next season and to which he is virulently opposed.

Of course the constitution says that AGM decisions cannot be revisited until TWO years have elapsed, but this person does not respect the constitution or the will of the majority of the clubs (see #1).

Am I being over-cynical? Wanna bet on it?

Because a certain cantankerous egomaniac is trying to flout the will of the West Region clubs and undermine the changes to the constitution voted in at this year's AGM by:
1. Not publishing fixtures that the rules & constitution say should have been released over a month ago for the month of December and waiting until AFTER the official deadline to announce other fixtures.
2. Publishing fixtures that have no possibility of being played (e.g. for 28th October) and thereby engineering additions to his statistic of number of games postponed.
3. Unilaterally deciding there will be no fixtures on 23rd and 30th December thereby ensuring greater fixture congestion towards the end of the season that might otherwise not have happened.
The idea being that he can quote this increased number of postponements and fixture congestion at next year's AGM as an argument for undoing/delaying/amending the league reconstruction due to take place for next season and to which he is virulently opposed.
Of course the constitution says that AGM decisions cannot be revisited until TWO years have elapsed, but this person does not respect the constitution or the will of the majority of the clubs (see #1).

Clubs were given the chance to vote him out & didnt
No point moaning about it now . Motion your club & demand to know who they voted for (ps I know) & if they voted for Mr Robertson then put in a vote of no confidence on your club committee
I would say fans of every club in the West should do this (except mine as I know how we voted )

20 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Clubs were given the chance to vote him out & didnt
No point moaning about it now . Motion your club & demand to know who they voted for (ps I know) & if they voted for Mr Robertson then put in a vote of no confidence on your club committee
I would say fans of every club in the West should do this (except mine as I know how we voted )

What a pathetic individual you are. It's what YOU are suggesting that is pointless and I know everything I need to know about my club's position thank you.

Get off your anti-Pollok hobby horse and aim your invective where it really matters, at Sepp McBlatter and his cronies.

What a pathetic individual you are. It's what YOU are suggesting that is pointless and I know everything I need to know about my club's position thank you.
Get off your anti-Pollok hobby horse and aim your invective where it really matters, at Sepp McBlatter and his cronies.

Typical response from you sir
No anti Pollok position here . I’m anti every club bar my own
. It’s the clubs that voted him in plain & simple so no point continuing to attack him as we all know he is totally inept .
Was Kennie going to do any better? Who knows but at least he would have got the fixtures out when he was supposed to & would have been far more approachable

1 minute ago, fan of the juniors said:

Was Kennie going to do any better? Who knows but at least he would have got the fixtures out when he was supposed to & would have been far more approachable

On that we are in complete agreement

Am new to all this and tbh I don't even know how my club voted but surely if clubs have not requested weekends 23 and 30 December off then one man can't make this decision alone ?

Totally agree

Because a certain cantankerous egomaniac is trying to flout the will of the West Region clubs and undermine the changes to the constitution voted in at this year's AGM by: 1. Not publishing fixtures that the rules & constitution say should have been released over a month ago for the month of December and waiting until AFTER the official deadline to announce other fixtures.

Had your chance to change the present situation. Change the record please as I'm getting a bit bored of this pish

Am new to all this and tbh I don't even know how my club voted but surely if clubs have not requested weekends 23 and 30 December off then one man can't make this decision alone ?

If teams request fixtures on these dates then I would think would get them if other teams in their league wishing to play. Can totally understand no set fixtures on 30th December as would have players training between Christmas and New Year to be ready for 30th December weekend so some teams may like to give players weekend off as lack of training facilities open too during this period plus players would be happy having that weekend off if their team are not too far behind fixture wise. Also on that Saturday Old Firm too that would affect the crowds especially if poor weather as supporters will stay in the hoose!

I don't see a problem with playing 23rd December and unsure why nothing is scheduled but means it's up to each team to request a fixture I presume so teams who have played plenty of fixtures or players / committee wanting a couple of weeks 'winter break' they can get this.

If teams request fixtures on these dates then I would think would get them if other teams in their league wishing to play. Can totally understand no set fixtures on 30th December as would have players training between Christmas and New Year to be ready for 30th December weekend so some teams may like to give players weekend off as lack of training facilities open too during this period plus players would be happy having that weekend off if their team are not too far behind fixture wise. Also on that Saturday Old Firm too that would affect the crowds especially if poor weather as supporters will stay in the hoose!

I don't see a problem with playing 23rd December and unsure why nothing is scheduled but means it's up to each team to request a fixture I presume so teams who have played plenty of fixtures or players / committee wanting a couple of weeks 'winter break' they can get this.

Cheers for that Shannon

I suppose if the club's have been given the opinion to play games on those dates at there own discretion then it's not really a big issue and as you say clubs may welcome the break.
As for the other issue I can't see why the 3 other December fixtures have not been released when it should have been done weeks ago

Why is he allowed to get away with it. If that was anyone else in another job not doing your job properly would have you disciplined in some way and if you still didn't do your job properly then dismissal would be likely to happen.
Get the finger out fixture man and do your job like you are supposed too.

Archived