East super league scorers 2017/18

jimmyg

25 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Afternoon Faceman - always good to talk to you!

Not sure why you are disappointed in me (even a wee bit!), as you know what I say makes sense!

I have a great memory, and it certainly hasn't deserted me, cause I remember fine well that not getting a result at Jeanfield  saw my team get relegated to the Premier League this season.

We both care about stats, and you certainly have more in your memory bank than I have ever learned. Sometimes 'facts' can overshadow reality, so I will tell you where I came from with my remarks yesterday.

No mistake with writing on 1 April and it wasn't an April fool message. My only mistake was writing on the wrong subject, which I didn't realise until message was posted (Wrote on the East Super league scorers page as opposed to main East Super League page). I also wanted to see if any Nitten fan would come on, since on P&B, they are about extinct at the moment?!

My 2 main points were Nitten avoiding relegation and in a downward spiral - both of which you appear to deny.

1.  Avoided relegation - I have no qualms  that Nitten were not automatically relegated because of their league position at  season end. But they did lose the play off against Forfar, therefore, under normal circumstances, Nitten would have been relegated. They were only saved from this as Kelty resigned from the Super League, which meant Nitten were allowed to remain in the top league. By all means, come back if I am wrong.

2. Since Nitten's last home win in the league, which was on 4 November 17, they have played a further 9 league games. Seven resulted in defeat, one was drawn and there was one league win. How is that not a downward spiral?

3. You mention that I  have not discussed the biggest day in my club's history. For our most recent history, I did a full report on this! - Namely winning 7-0 on Saturday!

Look forward to more conversations in the future.

Casey I am a great fan of your match reports and read them every week as you well know, they are facts and not many people report like that which is very refreshing

My disappointment is down to the fact that I thought you were better than some of the other posters who seem more bothered about other clubs than their own! 

I found that alot last season.Various accounts appearing out of nowhere slatting other clubs rather than being positive about their own. Your Time is up was one of my favourites (I have 1 of his/her posts up on my wall! )

Anyway it was good to see this season those posters learnt from their mistakes which ultimately cost the various clubs that claimed to support.

I have looked through all 22 pages on our clubs page and not 1 mention of this week's meeting. Potentially the biggest ever faced in the clubs history. There has been junior football in our town since the 1890s despite what some are trying to claim and I would have thought at least someone would have brought it up rather than worrying about other clubs.

I will answer your points as well.

1) Nitten stayed up because they won 16 points out of 8  games. If they didn't get those points (depending on where they were dropped) then either Jeanfield or Musselburgh would have went down.

The Kelty issue would only have come into play had Newtongrange won or drawn the 1st leg.

Who would have been in the Super League? Forfar * losing a play off. Musselburgh * finishing in a automatic relegation space. Fauldhouse * the same. Even folk saying Tranent! 

Point is that stayed up because they got more points than two other teams and the league deciding to run with 16 rather than 15. Newtongrange and St Andrews I think has no say as far as I know so not sure why they are being highlighted. 

2) use of downward spiral. here is my take on their season. (We would wait a long time for anyone from there to post here so I will do it) sorry for repeating 

Got 4 rounds further in the Scottish than last year

Have progressed further in the EOS cup than last year

Have progressed further in the Fife and Lothians  cup than last year.

Still in the 2 local cups although a difficult draw to come.

Have more points on the board than this time last year 

Have the majority of their extremely young squad signed for next year. (Only 3 players in the squad are 30 or over)

All that despite many other teams buying their way to success rather than coach the squad they have. 

I know nothing about budgets but I would guess that they are punching well above their financial weight.

This isn't a downward spiral in my view. Results can be painted anyway you want them to be (I should know!) So the bigger picture is the best way to give a accurate reflection on a season.

3) 22 pages not 1 mention of the real biggest call your club will have to make in its history. 

I find that totally staggering 

4 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Casey I am a great fan of your match reports and read them every week as you well know, they are facts and not many people report like that which is very refreshing

My disappointment is down to the fact that I thought you were better than some of the other posters who seem more bothered about other clubs than their own! 

I found that alot last season.Various accounts appearing out of nowhere slatting other clubs rather than being positive about their own. Your Time is up was one of my favourites (I have 1 of his/her posts up on my wall! )

Anyway it was good to see this season those posters learnt from their mistakes which ultimately cost the various clubs that claimed to support.

I have looked through all 22 pages on our clubs page and not 1 mention of this week's meeting. Potentially the biggest ever faced in the clubs history. There has been junior football in our town since the 1890s despite what some are trying to claim and I would have thought at least someone would have brought it up rather than worrying about other clubs.

I will answer your points as well.

1) Nitten stayed up because they won 16 points out of 8  games. If they didn't get those points (depending on where they were dropped) then either Jeanfield or Musselburgh would have went down.

The Kelty issue would only have come into play had Newtongrange won or drawn the 1st leg.

Who would have been in the Super League? Forfar * losing a play off. Musselburgh * finishing in a automatic relegation space. Fauldhouse * the same. Even folk saying Tranent! 

Point is that stayed up because they got more points than two other teams and the league deciding to run with 16 rather than 15. Newtongrange and St Andrews I think has no say as far as I know so not sure why they are being highlighted. 

2) use of downward spiral. here is my take on their season. (We would wait a long time for anyone from there to post here so I will do it) sorry for repeating 

Got 4 rounds further in the Scottish than last year

Have progressed further in the EOS cup than last year

Have progressed further in the Fife and Lothians  cup than last year.

Still in the 2 local cups although a difficult draw to come.

Have more points on the board than this time last year 

Have the majority of their extremely young squad signed for next year. (Only 3 players in the squad are 30 or over)

All that despite many other teams buying their way to success rather than coach the squad they have. 

I know nothing about budgets but I would guess that they are punching well above their financial weight.

This isn't a downward spiral in my view. Results can be painted anyway you want them to be (I should know!) So the bigger picture is the best way to give a accurate reflection on a season.

3) 22 pages not 1 mention of the real biggest call your club will have to make in its history. 

I find that totally staggering 

I am glad you like my reports. I do them, partially to remind myself how the match evolved, and also so that for any supporter who can’t make it along, at least they can get a ‘picture’ of how the march went from kick off until the end.

I am not sure what you are missing from what I said. I see you repeat most of what you said in your first response to your second, and you keep on comparing what went on last year to this year.  My comment yesterday is of no doubt. In the last few weeks Newtongrange are currently in a downward spiral. They have lost 7 of the last 9 league matches. Forget what went on last year and just see what is currently in front of you. If this slump continues, Newtongrange will continue to slip down the league.

Next item is also not in dispute, and I am not sure where you are coming from. Fauldhouse and Musselburgh were relegated last year simply because these two teams had the least amount of points after30 league matches. 

Under normal circumstances Newtongrange would have also been relegated on the basis that Forfar beat them over the two legged affair at the end of season, by 3 goals to 2. Forfar players celebrated at Victoria Park. Although Forfar got beat1-0  in the second leg, they won 3-1 up at Forfar in the first leg. Even the Midlothian advertiser stated around that time that Newtongrange would have been relegated, were it not for Kelty leaving to join the East of Scotland set-up. Again no disputing that, unless you know something that no one else does.

You seem to imply that everyone has learnt from last year, except me? Anyone who reads my posts know I support Musselburgh and (you are the stats man) I bet, about 95% or higher of my posts this season have been about Musselburgh. But, please don’t say that a poster can only write about their own club on Pie and Bovril. The way the way things are going this season (not last season) Newtongrange are only sliding towards the foot of the league, and that is why I mentioned that they may avoid relegation again similarly to last year. I am aware that Bonnyrigg are applying to join the East of Scotland set up. If they are successful, then this could benefit a Super League team, just as it benefited Nitten last year. If more than Bonnyrigg, from the Super League, apply to join the East of Scotland set-up and are successful, then this will more than likely mean that more that one team would avoid relegation.

Finally, you mention that on P&B that the Musselburgh thread is up to 22 pages, and no one has spoke about changing from the Junior set up to the East of Scotland set up. Correct me if I am wrong, but the announcement has only been recently conveyed that the Sjfa were going to make representations to the sfa about the results of the survey that the sjfa had asked its members to respond to. Following this, last week, on the Musselburgh twitter, an invitation was made to season ticket holders and supporters club to attend a meeting this week to discuss this issue. Perhaps this is the reason that no one has made any comments so far on  the Musselburgh thread. I am a supporter who goes each week to watch my team play. I had no insight to the thoughts of Musselburgh officials as to what their thoughts were/are on this topic. However, now that matters are progressing after the last couple of weeks, I will take more of an interest in what may happen in the future.

Final point. You ask why no one has written about this subject. Have you asked yourself the same question? 

Cheerie!

5 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

My comment yesterday is of no doubt. In the last few weeks Newtongrange are currently in a downward spiral. They have lost 7 of the last 9 league matches. Forget what went on last year and just see what is currently in front of you. If this slump continues, Newtongrange will continue to slip down the league.

Finally, you mention that on P&B that the Musselburgh thread is up to 22 pages, and no one has spoke about changing from the Junior set up to the East of Scotland set up. Correct me if I am wrong, but the announcement has only been recently conveyed that the Sjfa were going to make representations to the sfa about the results of the survey that the sjfa had asked its members to respond to. Following this, last week, on the Musselburgh twitter, an invitation was made to season ticket holders and supporters club to attend a meeting this week to discuss this issue. Perhaps this is the reason that no one has made any comments so far on  the Musselburgh thread. I am a supporter who goes each week to watch my team play. I had no insight to the thoughts of Musselburgh officials as to what their thoughts were/are on this topic. However, now that matters are progressing after the last couple of weeks, I will take more of an interest in what may happen in the future.

Final point. You ask why no one has written about this subject. Have you asked yourself the same question? 

Cheerie!

Casey,

The use of the phrase downward spiral is the reason I brought up their (in my view) improvement compared to last season and the season before that. 

If you are basing it on the last 9matches then in my view that's more just a loss of form or as it is just a few bad results

Again in my view a downward spiral would be over a few years. For example a club that was top of the Super league at the start of a year - which ended up getting relegated. But we agree on most things so not making a big deal about it! As i said earlier i am sure when they get a few players back and play against teams around them I think they will stay up comfortably this season, which based on the amount of injuries and young players they have is a stunning achievement in a league where money is king .

Moving on to your 2nd point.

I am not an expert on the ins and outs of the EOS debate but

As far as i am aware unless any clubs are going behind their fans backs and not consulting them on their intentions to move leagues then  only 1 super league team (Camelon) and potentially Bonnyrigg with Dalkeith and Blackburn from the Premier will go.

Clubs have been confusing me with this issue. 

the majority answered some SJFA questions

Some asked their fans after filling it in!

Some have left already.

And some are discussing it in the days and months ahead

My understanding is that the deadline for applying to the EOS has passed. So clubs like yours and neighbours Tranent and others can only be disscussing plans for 2019/20 season. The danger for teams leaving it till then to jump ship is that the East of Scotland may have 2 or 3 lower divisions with the expanded teams. Since we are talking about Newtongrange we can use them as an example. Last season they were classed as the same level as Kelty. If they and others delay till 2019/20 season then Kelty will be potentially 4 divisions higher! 

That's why with so much at stake I was surprised it wasn't a talking point on the 22 pages! 

To clear up the last point I have no interest in sticking my nose into anything any club is up to which is why I ain't posted on your page. I am happy watching the highlights, reading your reports and enjoying seeing your team close in on a record number of Premier League points and a deserved promotion. I wish them well in that task

• 4 weeks later...
Looking for Kennoway 2 goal scorers v Lochee 
And the goal times for 
Camelons Goal times
Forfar West End goal time
Boness' 3 goal times 

Kennoway scorers
Liam Rolland
Mathew gay

Archived