St Mirren V Brechin

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 2-1

Got there in the end. Bit of fortune about the win and the winning goal. Brechin will feel like they deserved a point I'm sure. Definitely a game to forget all round.

However, top of the league going into the international break with five home wins from five. Can't really argue with that.

Onwards.

We got the win in the end which is the main objective, but we were far from our best today.

Credit to Brechin, thought they looked well organised and can maybe feel a bit disappointed to leave with nothing.

We got the job done and are top of the league [emoji41]

Unlucky yet again. Not been an awful lot between the teams in most our games this season and today was another.

How we still remain on only two points is beyond me. Please can we get our first win in the home double header coming up. We deserve it.

Cmon City. Keep the faith.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Thought Ross Stewart was excellent when he came on. That ball he dug out for the winner looked dead at the time. 

Couple of fuds sitting behind me gave the big guy absolute dogs abuse from the minute he came on the park,  1 of them had just finished calling him a ' hopeless b*****d' when he somehow managed to get the ball back across goal for the tap in,  pair of wanks had the cheek to celebrate it. They then started shouting for the ref to send him off while he was being booked towards the end. 

Horrible c***s. 

Cammy Smith apart I don't think there was many players who had a good game today. Feel a bit for Brechin getting nothing out of it.  

Happy to be back to the top.of the league though and hopefully still be there after the last round of fixtures to see out this first quarter of the season.

Really flat performance from Saints but we got the job done in the end.

3 points is all that matters but we are capable of playing much better than today's showing.

Good to see Hilson come on and score the winner, he could be doing with a confidence boost after starting pre season so well, and then getting injured.

Mind the gap ya Greenock scumbags.8)

Game went pretty much as I expected with Brechin being stuffy and hard to break down. Lack of urgency from us was worrying at times, didn't zip the ball about as well as we normally do. Couldn't have complained too much if Brechin had left with a point.

Not great but got the job done. With our form and the fact we like to play on the break more and more teams are going to sit in against us. We need to work on breaking teams down, especially with Dumbarton in a fortnight.

Gutted about that thought we were very unlucky.Thought we looked good on the break and should have come away with at least a point.Sinclair looked our best player today seems to get better every game I see him play.The ref had a shocker today I thought.Keep the faith city fans the win will come.Every game I've been at so far this season we've been unlucky.Onwards and upwards to Morton at home on the 14th hopefully it will all come together then [emoji106]

6 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

Couple of fuds sitting behind me gave the big guy absolute dogs abuse from the minute he came on the park,  1 of them had just finished calling him a ' hopeless b*****d' when he somehow managed to get the ball back across goal for the tap in,  pair of wanks had the cheek to celebrate it. They then started shouting for the ref to send him off while he was being booked towards the end. 

Horrible c***s. 

Cammy Smith apart I don't think there was many players who had a good game today. Feel a bit for Brechin getting nothing out of it.  

Happy to be back to the top.of the league though and hopefully still be there after the last round of fixtures to see out this first quarter of the season.

In the main stand ? 

I was wishing I was a bit younger ,didsay anything as they just call me an old b*****d :thumsup2

Archived