St Mirren V Brechin

23 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

They give out free pies every match normaly they pick the best dressed away supporter ( a child ) and give out £10. Its not the type of pub where you want to take your girlfriend on a Saturday night out but it's  friendly does what it say's on the tin. If you prefer more up market the centre of Paisley has plenty to choose from. In New Street you have the oldest pub in Paisley the Bull  which has never changed since it opend. They have a historical open bar area followed on by booths which have there own tv and on winter months coal fires burning food here is good pub grub. Need to leave 20min before kick off. 

Not true - just a marketing hype. The Old Swan is older.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There had been a pub called The Bull on New Street prior  to 1899. However the pub and buildings were all demolished and a new building erected in 1901 with a pub which the new owners also called The Bull. The Old Swan Inn has been in continuous use as a pub since at least 1897 (and possibly before that - I have a date somewhere but not to hand).  So the Old Swan is an older pub that the Bull.

I'm assuming that Brechin will be quite defensive so may be hard to break down. That's based on absolutely nothing so could be totally wrong. Reckon Orsi will be out to prove a point after we let him go in the summer.

33 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

There had been a pub called The Bull on New Street prior  to 1899. However the pub and buildings were all demolished and a new building erected in 1901 with a pub which the new owners also called The Bull. The Old Swan Inn has been in continuous use as a pub since at least 1897 (and possibly before that - I have a date somewhere but not to hand).  So the Old Swan is an older pub that the Bull.

The Bull is still the best option for a bar meal and a pint pre match :thumsup2

5 minutes ago, Hess said:
25 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:
The Bull is still the best option for a bar meal and a pint pre match :thumsup2

The Bull doesn't do food anymore.

There's plenty of alternatives on New street right next to the Bull if you want a pub lunch. 

So who is Brechin's best players we should look out for numbers would help also.  For us Lewis Morgan No10 a special player who like to make runs with the ball scoring 8 goals this season. Saints knocked back £200,000 from Burton Albion he will be gone at the end of the season sadly. Stephen McGinn No4 went through our youth system as did his two brothers. Stephen spent a few years down south only to come back as our captain a real work horse in midfield and fantastic passer of the ball. Cammy Smith No 11 & Gavin Reilly No 20 are a real handful up front with their pace and work rate. Sadly out injured Kyle Magennis our next big thing and a St Mirren supporter will be missed. There are other good players but dont want to over load you the players mentioned are worth a look. 

32 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

So who is Brechin's best players we should look out for numbers would help also.  For us Lewis Morgan No10 a special player who like to make runs with the ball scoring 8 goals this season. Saints knocked back £200,000 from Burton Albion he will be gone at the end of the season sadly. Stephen McGinn No4 went through our youth system as did his two brothers. Stephen spent a few years down south only to come back as our captain a real work horse in midfield and fantastic passer of the ball. Cammy Smith No 11 & Gavin Reilly No 20 are a real handful up front with their pace and work rate. Sadly out injured Kyle Magennis our next big thing and a St Mirren supporter will be missed. There are other good players but dont want to over load you the players mentioned are worth a look. 

I didn't know Kyle was a Saint.

#HappyFace

We ve no outstanding players at the moment more a great team spirit. Everyone's doing they re best . Orsi s settled in really well , James Dale in midfield s having a decent season .Smithy the keepers still producing the goods along with the odd faux pas [emoji23]. . In my opinion we re a striker and experienced midfielder away from making a serious go of staying up .Unfortunately no money dictates otherwise .
If I'm honest we ve probably had stronger squads fail to win play offs but we did it and deserved it in the end . So far we ve found our feet and are competing but not taking chances when they do come . But the efforts been fantastic .
We re enjoying our venture to different venues and mixing with different fans .
I m sure as season proggresses we ll cause an upset or two but I guess we ll get a doing or two as well. Hey ho .
Looking forward to Saturday ..

4 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

We ve no outstanding players at the moment more a great team spirit. Everyone's doing they re best . Orsi s settled in really well , James Dale in midfield s having a decent season .Smithy the keepers still producing the goods along with the odd faux pas emoji23.png. . In my opinion we re a striker and experienced midfielder away from making a serious go of staying up .Unfortunately no money dictates otherwise .
If I'm honest we ve probably had stronger squads fail to win play offs but we did it and deserved it in the end . So far we ve found our feet and are competing but not taking chances when they do come . But the efforts been fantastic .
I m sure as season proggresses we ll cause an upset or two but I guess we ll get a doing or two as well. Hey ho .

Outstanding attitude, imo.

18 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

We ve no outstanding players at the moment more a great team spirit. Everyone's doing they re best . Orsi s settled in really well , James Dale in midfield s having a decent season .Smithy the keepers still producing the goods along with the odd faux pas emoji23.png. . In my opinion we re a striker and experienced midfielder away from making a serious go of staying up .Unfortunately no money dictates otherwise .

Real fans can be found up and down the country you are a shining exsample. 

Archived