Initiation Ceremonies

carpetmonster

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

The construction workers i know aspire to make a noise like a wild bear but it comes out as more of a scream as they are not as alpha male as they would like to be, otherwise they would be in the marines.

Alpha males eh?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/alpha-male-just-a-thing-some-men-think-they-are-2014012782942

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, throbber said:

That isn't particularly funny Chris. Not like you.

I didn't write it.

People that talk about being an 'alpha male' outside of the context of a documentary about Ethiopian Highland Baboons, are almost always utter, total, complete, thundering wankers though.  

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I didn't write it.

People that talk about being an 'alpha male' outside of the context of a documentary about Ethiopian Highland Baboons, are almost always utter, total, complete, thundering wankers though.  

I don't like the Daily Mash stuff really, agree with your other point though although. Don't think too many posters on P&B would consider themselves Alpha males.

9 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

One of my old gaffers was a combat medic in the first gulf war. He told me a story about how they saw an old land mine on the perimeter of the camp one day. Of the four that were there one was recently deployed. The other 3 pulled rank on him and told him to go and disable it. So picture this... he's crawling on his belly towards this land mine with a knife between his teeth, sweating bullets and terrified . When he's a few feet away his C.O walks up from behind him and kicks the thing out of the dirt. It was a paint tin lid they put there earlier.

Former boss of mine done 22 years in the army. Most of the stories he told were along those lines. Jokes like that I can understand. Making someone drink a pint of lager and shite I cannot.

Worked in a pub for a while. One night we had a group of our boys in who had just returned from a stint in Germany, I assume at some training camp given it was 2002 odds. At one point in the night one of them started shouting something and they all stripped naked, and continued drinking as if nothing had happened. It was just fucking bizarre in all honesty.

Not any intimation ceremonies but a couple of things I remember from the navy. We were in Bahrain and it was the junior rates xmas night out. There was 24 of us in this all you can eat and drink Thai restaurant sat around one big table. The head of the table who was an ex marine grabs some of the wine, takes a mouthful then it's passed around the table mouth to mouth until it goes back to him. We done it three times red, rose and white.

Lights out. We were in Lisbon and it was our first run ashore of the deployment (my first ever foreign run ashore) on the way to the Gulf. It was rough pretty much all the way down and on a minehunter it isn't much fun. We've got a beer funnel on the go. A bit of hose going around the whole mess before a sharp drop into the drinkers mouth. I was first up due to it being my first foreign run ashore. I think it was about three or four cans of John Smiths in the one go I had to drink. I just managed it. Anyway the Gunnery Officer got invited to join us and when he is on the funnel one of the lads gets his cock out and does a pish in a pint glass before adding that to the Gunnery Officers funnel. Then someone turns the lights out in the mess and everyone starts swinging for each other. Gunz let the funnel go so there is now pish and John Smiths flying around the mess as you are swinging at anything hoping not to be caught on the chin.

Naked bar, ops room, mess. Someone shouts naked bar, ops room or mess and then you are naked. The Captain shouted it once in Souda Bay.

I'm sure there is more that happened but that's all I can think of just now.

On a separate note we did have another junior rates mess run ashore to that Thai restaurant a couple of months later. It was a Friday night and we were having a good laugh before a couple of people start receiving texts asking if they are OK from people back home. We soon find out that the Iranians had arrested the 15 sailors from HMS Cornwall so we finished our meal then most of us went back to the ship as we knew we would be sailing in the morning.

1 hour ago, BigMartyn86 said:

We've got a beer funnel on the go. A bit of hose going around the whole mess before a sharp drop into the drinkers mouth. I was first up due to it being my first foreign run ashore. I think it was about three or four cans of John Smiths in the one go I had to drink. I just managed it. Anyway the Gunnery Officer got invited to join us and when he is on the funnel one of the lads gets his cock out and does a pish in a pint glass before adding that to the Gunnery Officers funnel. Then someone turns the lights out in the mess and everyone starts swinging for each other. Gunz let the funnel go so there is now pish and John Smiths flying around the mess as you are swinging at anything hoping not to be caught on the chin.

:lol:

My rugby initiation was to be jumped by the u16/18 team when I was about 14. Ripped my pants off from under my trousers and gave me a good few punches etc. Had a good fumble with the ringleader's girlfriend a few weeks later one night down The Glen so no harm done. 

Taking a girl down the glen for a fumble was a right of passage in itself in West Fife

1 hour ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Not any intimation ceremonies but a couple of things I remember from the navy. We were in Bahrain and it was the junior rates xmas night out. There was 24 of us in this all you can eat and drink Thai restaurant sat around one big table. The head of the table who was an ex marine grabs some of the wine, takes a mouthful then it's passed around the table mouth to mouth until it goes back to him. We done it three times red, rose and white.

Lights out. We were in Lisbon and it was our first run ashore of the deployment (my first ever foreign run ashore) on the way to the Gulf. It was rough pretty much all the way down and on a minehunter it isn't much fun. We've got a beer funnel on the go. A bit of hose going around the whole mess before a sharp drop into the drinkers mouth. I was first up due to it being my first foreign run ashore. I think it was about three or four cans of John Smiths in the one go I had to drink. I just managed it. Anyway the Gunnery Officer got invited to join us and when he is on the funnel one of the lads gets his cock out and does a pish in a pint glass before adding that to the Gunnery Officers funnel. Then someone turns the lights out in the mess and everyone starts swinging for each other. Gunz let the funnel go so there is now pish and John Smiths flying around the mess as you are swinging at anything hoping not to be caught on the chin.

Naked bar, ops room, mess. Someone shouts naked bar, ops room or mess and then you are naked. The Captain shouted it once in Souda Bay.

I'm sure there is more that happened but that's all I can think of just now.

On a separate note we did have another junior rates mess run ashore to that Thai restaurant a couple of months later. It was a Friday night and we were having a good laugh before a couple of people start receiving texts asking if they are OK from people back home. We soon find out that the Iranians had arrested the 15 sailors from HMS Cornwall so we finished our meal then most of us went back to the ship as we knew we would be sailing in the morning.

Sounds like you're an absolute tosser

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My rugby initiation was to be jumped by the u16/18 team when I was about 14. Ripped my pants off from under my trousers and gave me a good few punches etc. Had a good fumble with the ringleader's girlfriend a few weeks later one night down The Glen so no harm done. 

First time I've heard it being referred to as The Glen 

Why did all your games involve getting naked or drinking something from another mans mouth?  Why are those 'the things'?

I don't know. They were going on long before I joined up and will still be going on to this day.

That was the best ship and crew that I ever had in my seven years in the navy. We worked hard and played hard.

Archived