Arbroath vs Alloa

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

So we wouldn’t have fared better with Doris up top on Saturday?

Considering all we have done when he's played is lump it up to him with nobody around him, I'm inclined to say no. Denholm has filled that role superbly in his absence and scored goals. 

Thats not to say I don't rate Doris, I just think we have over relied on his presence at times, it can be detrimental to how we play at times in my opinion. 

We've scored a lot without him recently. 

Doris fit or not doesn't detract from our home record being poor. 

Considering all we have done when he's played is lump it up to him with nobody around him, I'm inclined to say no. Denholm has filled that role superbly in his absence and scored goals. 
Thats not to say I don't rate Doris, I just think we have over relied on his presence at times, it can be detrimental to how we play at times in my opinion. 

Agree. Get Doris back but stop lumping it up in the air to him might be nice.

I agree with a lot of what you’ve said. The last line is pointless since we’re talking about this game in particular. I think Doris would’ve been good to have up against McKeown and Meggat. Some tough decisions coming up in the next few weeks with Doris coming back, Omar probably picked the worst possible time to have a bad game.

It is good to have options though, and as folk have said we have done not too bad without Doris.

I totally rate Stevie but that is the point of having a good SQUAD which i think we do have.

Look at the bench on Saturday Douglas (ok maybe not fit but plenty of experience filling in for Gomes), Little (excellent player and unreal he is on the bench but Hammy has done well), Swanks (a class act who can play in various positions and i am glad he is back with us), Prunty (another class player and although he has not scored the goals we had hoped for he offers us a different dimension up front), Hester (a classic impact sub if given a chance and i hope he stays), Fraser (a different type of striker who gives his all and is aggresive in his play, thought he done well when he came on late on Saturday) and then we have Skelly who again can play in numerous positions and on his day is a match winner) so all in i think we have the best squad we have had in years.

In regards the home form  we have won 1, lost 2, drawn 1, so although not great i would say it is not a major concern yet.

Against Alloa i thought the best 2 players on the park was both the goalkeepers, they were solid all over the park and our only weakness was we kept putting our crosses too near their excellent keeper.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES 36-0.

It is good to have options though, and as folk have said we have done not too bad without Doris.
I totally rate Stevie but that is the point of having a good SQUAD which i think we do have.
Look at the bench on Saturday Douglas (ok maybe not fit but plenty of experience filling in for Gomes), Little (excellent player and unreal he is on the bench but Hammy has done well), Swanks (a class act who can play in various positions and i am glad he is back with us), Prunty (another class player and although he has not scored the goals we had hoped for he offers us a different dimension up front), Hester (a classic impact sub if given a chance and i hope he stays), Fraser (a different type of striker who gives his all and is aggresive in his play, thought he done well when he came on late on Saturday) and then we have Skelly who again can play in numerous positions and on his day is a match winner) so all in i think we have the best squad we have had in years.
In regards the home form  we have won 1, lost 2, drawn 1, so although not great i would say it is not a major concern yet.
Against Alloa i thought the best 2 players on the park was both the goalkeepers, they were solid all over the park and our only weakness was we kept putting our crosses too near their excellent keeper.
C'MON THE RED LICHTIES 36-0.

Where are Arbroath getting the money to meet the wages of all these players?

A lot of big earners in there.

Last year we were only behind Ayr and Dumbarton on average attendances for a part time club and they were both in the championship.

Look at some of the players and squads you've had over recent seasons. Same applies to yourselves surely, outwith the Championship years obviously.

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Last year we were only behind Ayr and Dumbarton on average attendances for a part time club and they were both in the championship.

Look at some of the players and squads you've had over recent seasons. Same applies to yourselves surely, outwith the Championship years obviously.

I think every club in Scotland is struggling for money and over paying players, like Arbroath we posted a loss last year but hope to balance the books this year with our adventure into the Championship.

Archived