Arbroath vs Alloa

55 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

In terms of our recent home games it was a step in the right direction, we reacted well after going a goal down, performance as a whole wasn't quite good enough to win. 

Can't see Fraser loan being extended and I'm pretty convinced that neither prunty or Hester are the answer. Hester isn't good enough to start games at this level and prunty just hasn't done it for us. Why we some seem to have a love in with both of them is a bit odd for me.

Hester hasn't really started enough games to come to a definitive conclusion for me, it's more likely he doesn't fit out system anyway seeing as we play with a Target man, his goal scoring record from the bench is decent and some think that warrants more of a chance, not so much a love in. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

That the cross for Pongo to head just wide? What a delivery that was’

17 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Yeah peach of a ball.

I won't criticise Swankie again this season, but if one good cross means he played well during his time on the pitch then maybe my expectations are too high. 

Looking at the highlights, if Alloa had scored from the penalty, which I thought was a bit soft at the time, the penalty would surely have had to be re-taken as the Alloa No9 was well inside the box before the kick was taken.  Overall not a great game, Alloa made it difficult for McCord and Linn to get much time on the ball, but a point gained is better than 3 lost.

Still wondering why Fraser rather than Prunty, Hester or Skelly. Prunty is more experienced, Hester is at least as quick and Skelly is more skilful. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Thought we were awful yesterday bar 10/15 minutes after the goal. Continual long balls up to McKeown who didn’t lose a header all day. Our right side was an absolute shambles with Omar having his worst game in a while and Jamie Henry having an absolute mare. Constantly diving in and his final ball was absolutely awful. Bobby was probably our best player going forward, he’s lost a yard of pace but the last few weeks he’s been very decent IMO. Not for the first time, I thought Dick’s subs were strange. I’m not Hester’s biggest fan but he should’ve come on instead of Fraser, who spent his time on the pitch being a begging b*****d. Said it on here last night but his attempt to win a penalty was embarrassing. Denholm looked absolutely done towards the end and we were basically a man down. Last few weeks we haven’t really missed Doris but he would’ve made a big difference yesterday IMO. We completely failed to get Pongo involved more often, which held us back massively.

Made my first sojourn this season thus far into senior football.

Poor first half for Arbroath , but most of that was due to continually trying to play through the width of Kader. Having seen plenty of him before I was astonished how lightweight he was yesterday. Bullied of virtually every ball. When he did get a cross in it was woeful. On the other side Bobby Linn appeared to be starting off from far too deep a starting position. He has incredible skills but they are best seen in the last 3rd. This was shown time after time in the 2nd half before they switched him to "accommodate" Swankie.

Not sure about the criticism of Hutton. From my view that was possibly the finest penalty save I have ever seen. To then get up and save the rebound was outstanding.  The goal looked a real howler (Was the sun in his eyes ?) but he had a fantastic second half.  The Alloa keeper had a similar game. Loads of great saves and one almighty howler that he got away with. 

McCord really has a fantastic touch and his continued 1st time "balls around the corner" in the 2nd half were sublime.

A draw was certainly a fair result.

Some lack of professionalism (Was it club or officials) by having no balls when the 1st one hit the North Sea.

Made my first sojourn this season thus far into senior football.
Poor first half for Arbroath , but most of that was due to continually trying to play through the width of Kader. Having seen plenty of him before I was astonished how lightweight he was yesterday. Bullied of virtually every ball. When he did get a cross in it was woeful. On the other side Bobby Linn appeared to be starting off from far too deep a starting position. He has incredible skills but they are best seen in the last 3rd. This was shown time after time in the 2nd half before they switched him to "accommodate" Swankie.
Not sure about the criticism of Hutton. From my view that was possibly the finest penalty save I have ever seen. To then get up and save the rebound was outstanding.  The goal looked a real howler (Was the sun in his eyes ?) but he had a fantastic second half.  The Alloa keeper had a similar game. Loads of great saves and one almighty howler that he got away with. 
McCord really has a fantastic touch and his continued 1st time "balls around the corner" in the 2nd half were sublime.
A draw was certainly a fair result.
Some lack of professionalism (Was it club or officials) by having no balls when the 1st one hit the North Sea.

We have a goalkeeper that everyone loves not playing or in the squad at the moment so with Hutton being the new boy that's taken his place he's getting a hard time over any mistakes. Awful for the goal aye but certainly made up for it overall.

lichte 78 yes we have scored 11 goals but to say we havent missed doris wtf the team dynamic has dropped since he got injured.his work ethic gets the whole team and fans inspired and i bet there are a lot of our rivals are glad he is injured

lichte 78 yes we have scored 11 goals but to say we havent missed doris wtf the team dynamic has dropped since he got injured.his work ethic gets the whole team and fans inspired and i bet there are a lot of our rivals are glad he is injured

Let’s face it Forfar and Stranraer’s centre halves weren’t up to much, whole different situation up against McKeown and Meggatt and we really missed Doris.

Hutton seems to be an excellent shot stopper but his command of the box is poor and crossed balls coming in he gives me the fear. Some terrific stops yesterday although the rebound from the penalty would have been put away by any decent striker. He just hit it straight against the goalie with the whole goal to his mercy. We really did miss Doris yesterday and hopefully he will be back after the break.

Hutton seems to be an excellent shot stopper but his command of the box is poor and crossed balls coming in he gives me the fear. Some terrific stops yesterday although the rebound from the penalty would have been put away by any decent striker. He just hit it straight against the goalie with the whole goal to his mercy. We really did miss Doris yesterday and hopefully he will be back after the break.

Sounds a lot like Alan Fleming in that description

4 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

We certainly missed Doris on Saturday that is for sure.

The only way you can say that for sure is to replay the game in the exact same circumstances with Doris replacing one of our players.

As time travel is not possible yet, it is impossible to say that we missed Doris on Saturday. We might have lost if he played.

Archived