Arbroath vs Alloa

Swankie almost had an assist with his first kick of the ball and did ok. Fraser shouldn't have been on the park. That mistake from Hutton was absolutely awful.

That the cross for Pongo to head just wide? What a delivery that was’

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw probably about right, I thought we looked fairly comfortable up til the Arbroath penalty and they had more of the game after that. Still had chances to win though and Hutton made a great double save .

Our goal was about as bizarre an own goal as you'll see. Left back should have done better despite keeper completely missing it.

I think the Crossan/Renton partnership has potential. Crossan was absolutely terrific, probably the best individual performance of the season so far.

Still room for improvement, few bits of slackness at the back later on in the game. But overall fairly pleased.

Glad to read PeeJai had a good game; we're desperate for more punch up front. Interesting that the Arbroath fans don't seem entirely happy with the team's performances so far, as you certainly seem on course for the playoffs at the moment, and seem to be scoring fairly freely.

Is a bit weird that you're doing much better away from home, though.

Glad to read PeeJai had a good game; we're desperate for more punch up front. Interesting that the Arbroath fans don't seem entirely happy with the team's performances so far, as you certainly seem on course for the playoffs at the moment, and seem to be scoring fairly freely.
Is a bit weird that you're doing much better away from home, though.

We are unhappy with the home form. I’d probably say frustrated more than unhappy. Away we have been great to watch

Always a bit odd when teams drastically underperform at home. You lot haven't been using harsh language at those poor lads, have you?  [emoji33]

I did hear Hutton being called a idiot today. Obviously affected the team as a whole

1 all fair result, although both teams could of nicked it, felt Hester deserved to get a chance instead of Fraser, 

Cant figure out why we struggle at home so much? Clearly an issue that needs addressed, Sometimes feel you don't need 2 sitting midfielders at home and one could be sacrificed for a more attack minded player, I can't remember what game it was but swankie played deeper and looked comfortable there

In terms of our recent home games it was a step in the right direction, we reacted well after going a goal down, performance as a whole wasn't quite good enough to win. 

Can't see Fraser loan being extended and I'm pretty convinced that neither prunty or Hester are the answer. Hester isn't good enough to start games at this level and prunty just hasn't done it for us. Why we some seem to have a love in with both of them is a bit odd for me.

I haven't seen much of Alloa this season, but made the trip for this one as Arbroath's always been a good away day.

The football on show wasn't great to be honest, but it was an enjoyable enough contest. The main positive from an Alloa point of view had to be the performance of PJ Crossan, who caused the home defence no end of problems. In saying that we didn't create many clear cut chances in open play and had to rely on the opposition scoring our goal for us.

Hutton's performance in goal for Arbroath went from sublime to ridiculous, and back again. A mystifyingly shite / hilarious own goal was in stark contrast to two amazing double saves. I didn't even celebrate our goal when it went in, such was the WTF element to it.

Archived