Arbroath vs Alloa

After back to back comprehensive wins on the road that has seen us jump to 2nd we return home to face the wasps from Alloa. We have been below average at home in the league so far and need to get that figured out. Wasn't impressed by Alloa when we met them in the league cup in July so see no reason that we can't keep are good run going. I'm guessing we will be unchanged again.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

I fear that another pumping is on the cards.

Team who have scored 11 in their last 2 games against a side who have conceded 8 over the same period  :unsure:.  

Pretty much always a tough game at Arbroath but we really need some kind of response to Saturday. Think all Alloa fans knew it was going to be a harder season, but even allowing for that it hasn't been good enough so far.

Is McCord playing up front at the moment?

Team who have scored 11 in their last 2 games against a side who have conceded 8 over the same period  :unsure:.  
Pretty much always a tough game at Arbroath but we really need some kind of response to Saturday. Think all Alloa fans knew it was going to be a harder season, but even allowing for that it hasn't been good enough so far.
Is McCord playing up front at the moment?

In behind the front man. 2 of his 5 goals in the last two games have been penalties as well

Have to stick to the same starting XI as the last 2 games with a very strong bench to bring on if required.

This will be a tricky game because of our average to poor home results so we really need to get the monkey off our back and lets hope get a convincing home victory to take into the international break then a great game to look forward to a top of the league clash at Raith.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

Arbroath has been experiencing some blustery weather the last few days. Will be interesting to see if it continues into the weekend. I might be wrong but we seem to get a fair bit of wind when Alloa visit the Stadium of Licht

Arbroath has been experiencing some blustery weather the last few days. Will be interesting to see if it continues into the weekend. I might be wrong but we seem to get a fair bit of wind when Alloa visit the Stadium of Licht

The storm clouds are gathering.

Last call for Goodwin? Worth a wager as the next manager to leave his job in Scottish football? Alloa do seem to have gone massively backwards under him.

Which was always coming. Alloa have been punching so far above their weight it's ridiculous, could never last. Things could still get worse yet so be careful what you wish for and try not forget about the years before your recent successes.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Which was always coming. Alloa have been punching so far above their weight it's ridiculous, could never last. Things could still get worse yet so be careful what you wish for and try not forget about the years before your recent successes.

I think most sensible fans will admit we were probably overachieving in the championship but taking all that into account we should still be performing better than we are so far this campaign.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

As number one wasp says Alloa fans know well that we were overachieving in the Championship. And things could certainly get worse. But that's all irrelevant here. Whatever our situation we need a manager who as a bare minimum gets a level of performance out of the team that reflects the ability in the squad.  I didn't think Jim Goodwin did that last season, although some might disagree. Our squad this year isn't as good and the level of expectation has to be adjusted accordingly. However, it's still better than 3 wins from 13 games. To be fair, some of those games were against teams from higher leagues, but I think we were a little lucky in 2 of the 3 wins, and the other was against an U 20 team.  So regardless of what we have been doing in recent seasons, the manager needs to get more out of his players.  As others have said, though,  I don't think he'll be going anytime soon, unless perhaps we were to suffer several pumpings in a row, which is unlikely.

Archived