Can Dumbarton beat the Amber Machine at Almondvale on Saturday?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah if folk are going to have a right moan about our prices, do I have a right to moan about £5 to park the car? :thumbsdown

Thousands of spaces within a 10 minute walk of the ground available for far cheaper than that, or free in most cases.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

No 

I await Livingston coming to Dumbarton and moaning how we are charging £20 for them to get into the game and £1 to park in the car park :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Thousands of spaces within a 10 minute walk of the ground available for far cheaper than that, or free in most cases.

That's fine if you know the area to be fair. But unlike at our ground where there's loads of free parking around the ground, it isn't that simple.

The opener was poor defending from a Sons point of view. We started well and looked threatening in the opening 5 or 10 minutes but faded as Livi tool control of the game.

Hutton was never a booking. Livi defender was never a booking but Norcroft had set the standard by that point.

Not out of it but we need our now typical better 2nd half.

I just don't see it with Walsh. Ally Roy at least has the pace to try to get in behind the Livi defenders. I'd replace Hutton as well - the yellow makes him a big risk and whilst Davie Wilson is prone to making mistakes, he's a more attacking midfielder.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

I await Livingston coming to Dumbarton and moaning how we are charging £20 for them to get into the game and £1 to park in the car park :thumsup2

Plenty street parking near the ground, and think we both know £20 is too much for this level but I can understand why you charge that, no complaints here. 

That was frustrating. We were gubbins in the first half, as per, but really grew into things in the second half and probably deserved a point.

Stevie didn't nail his subs today. Morrison was at fault for their winner with a weak backwards header, and Stewart was actually looking handy again. The fact that Roy only came on with two minutes to go was pretty poor again.

We seem to concede an awful lot of goals from set pieces too. I thought Dowie was shaky again today, and certainly doesn't appear to be getting things organised a la Andy Graham.

Mat Northcroft doesn't get any better, does he?

On the positive side I saved £3.50 on parking - so that's a little win.

Archived