Can Dumbarton beat the Amber Machine at Almondvale on Saturday?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Morrison look any better in his short cameo appearance yesterday? We'll ignore the fact his mistake led to the goal.

From what I've seen of him thus far I've been unimpressed but he's young and this is his first taste of proper first team football so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I feel he looks a little timid and almost scared to get involved. I'd like to see him play with some more confidence and get himself into some better positions.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Did Morrison look any better in his short cameo appearance yesterday? We'll ignore the fact his mistake led to the goal.

From what I've seen of him thus far I've been unimpressed but he's young and this is his first taste of proper first team football so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I feel he looks a little timid and almost scared to get involved. I'd like to see him play with some more confidence and get himself into some better positions.

Nope. I'm not really quite sure what sort of player he is. He isn't a hardworker who'll force defenders into making mistakes a la Chris Kane, he isn't a targetman type a la The Prince or Berba, and he isn't the sort of nifty wee guy who'll make clever runs off the shoulder like Stewart.

Granted we've not seen a lot of him, but I'm not quite sure what his key attributes are. He isn't quick or strong. He doesn't look like a finisher. He can't hold play up, and he wins little in the air.

In saying that I slagged off Berba something awful this time last year, and he turned out alright, so hopefully Morrison will do the same. 

Can't help how he effects me andy, my heart sinks when I see him coming on, because I've seen how little he contributes to get the ball back. I genuinely want him to do better and have given him the benefit of the doubt a few times, but he's just not improving. Personally have never had a go at any of our players during a game, think Hippo was the last player I shouted at leaving the pitch when he foolishly got a red card against Dumbarton that cost us the game, didn't even give Cole verbals when he was shite so I can't see me giving Mackin any. He may hear the collective sigh/groan from the stands right enough, like Fox used to whenever he gave the ball away, but nothing can be done about that. :shutup:lol:

The criticism of Morrison may be a little premature and unfair. He was introduced to the game in the 72nd minute yesterday. Walsh was a revelation and if he can maintain that level of performance on the wing he poses a real threat. 

5 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Im also disappointed that our fans are having a go at one of our players, we have a good squad which Dylan is part of, he has contributed to positive results this season already,  let's not forget he's still joint top scorer for us. 

Yea he's not the quickest, it can be frustrating at times, but you can see he's certainly slimmed down since pre season, I see plenty effort from him when he plays and that's enough for me. 

Let's not forget he's still a young lad and this is the highest level he's played at in his proffesional career, he's still learning, I think I'll trust Hoppy with this one.  

Yep, joint top scorer and he's only started 2 league games and 2 in the league cup. 

Not too bad for a shite player ;)

Just now, LiviLion said:

Yep, joint top scorer and he's only started 2 league games and 2 in the league cup. 

Not too bad for a shite player ;)

Halkett is our top scorer in the league with 3 goals, so isn't that great for a striker being on 2 goals, but nobody is saying he's a shite player, he just doesn't do enough off the ball and in our current team he sticks out as a passenger because everyone else works hard both on and off the ball. Why is that difficult to understand?

We got shot of Hippo for the same reason, he was a luxury player but nobody doubted he was talented.

Christ it's like Sheerin all over again though. Aye he tries throughout the game and you can see he wants to do well, but at the end of the day he's no championship standard.

He may get better over the season, but at the moment he's no good, therefore fans are going to criticise.

I would never actively wish for any Livingston player to not be a successful part of the team, but it's painfully obvious that Mackin doesn't fit in with the rest of this squad's playing style. I'm still not sure, though, whether his lack of pace is exactly that, or just a lack of effort. That he is the joint top scorer (alongside one of our centre halves) is purely indicative of our lack of any real goal scoring threat amongst the starters a la Buchanan last season, as well as the goals being shared out in the meantime.

Time will tell but I can't see him being a Championship player this time next year.

4 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The criticism of Morrison may be a little premature and unfair. He was introduced to the game in the 72nd minute yesterday. Walsh was a revelation and if he can maintain that level of performance on the wing he poses a real threat. 

Walsh was excellent yesterday - I sit in the main stand just to the left of the away dugout so had a great view of his second half performance and his goal. 

One thing I would say is that Josh Mullin is more winger than wingback and the nearest central defender to his side was Todorov who is a striker filling in for the suspended Gallagher. He will come up against more defensive minded/drilled opponents. That said, he looked good.

Generally agree with most reviews of the game. We should probably have been 2 or 3 up at the break but Dumbarton dominated the second half and well deserved the equaliser. I felt they would go on to win so delighted to get the late winner. Great heart from our guys to find a little something to get the goal. 

I do feel that Cadden going off injured required us to change plans and contributed to the poor second half showing. Both these teams should be safe from the drop on that showing.

Hill's tackle about 2.40 into the Sons TV highlights is absolutely top drawer.

Morrison and Gallacher both looking beyond dodgy for the winner.

Got to laugh at Dowie... spends the entire 90 mins seething and shouting all sorts at everyone around him whilst looking like an utter bombscare. I've seen my fair share of angry b*****ds at the Sons but he's right up there. Shame he's absolutely tripe.

Poor show from the Livi fans on here. Sitting near the top of league, 3 wins on the bounce, scoring goals and playing well but everyone seems to be having a dig at a very young squad player (who held up the ball well at times yesterday). Very strange behaviour.

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hill's tackle about 2.40 into the Sons TV highlights is absolutely top drawer.

Morrison and Gallacher both looking beyond dodgy for the winner.

Got to laugh at Dowie... spends the entire 90 mins seething and shouting all sorts at everyone around him whilst looking like an utter bombscare. I've seen my fair share of angry b*****ds at the Sons but he's right up there. Shame he's absolutely tripe.

Twice in the highlights he was absolutely roasted by Danny Mullen, and actually looked like a coach playing in a training game. The way he just jogged out the way without even attempting a tackle or block looks even worse on the highlights than I remember it at the time.

Dill and Mango at centre-back, Hutton (until Carsy's nose is mended) and Wilson at centre-mid plz Stevie. You know it makes sense.

2 hours ago, Afro said:

I would never actively wish for any Livingston player to not be a successful part of the team, but it's painfully obvious that Mackin doesn't fit in with the rest of this squad's playing style. I'm still not sure, though, whether his lack of pace is exactly that, or just a lack of effort. That he is the joint top scorer (alongside one of our centre halves) is purely indicative of our lack of any real goal scoring threat amongst the starters a la Buchanan last season, as well as the goals being shared out in the meantime.

Time will tell but I can't see him being a Championship player this time next year.

Aye 'cos we're going up! ;) 

Seriously though, Mackin doesn't fit in. He's not the type of player that suits the way we play and when he comes on in games like yesterday, I too, sigh.

However, he's also the type of player we need. If a game isn't working out for us and we need someone up top, what do we do if Toddy is at the back or injured or suspended? He gives us an option and he actually has a bit of decent ball control about him.

I don't like him as a player all that much but he's one of the best we have in terms of big guys and holding the play up.

Dowie seems fortunate to get a foul in the box in the first half, I'd want my CB closer to the boy behind Morrison (who looks like he's under the ball as opposed to heading it back.

Anyhoo, Dowie oot

I think the guy with the tamborine has dramatically resigned from the supporters bus :lol:

Aye. Sorry to have started 'busgate'. All I did was declare on the Facebook bus page that incessant Kenny Rogers/ Abba/ Rednex at a high level of volume and distortion wasn't really my cup of tea. I subsequently tried to soften my position by agreeing to a compromise suggested by another supporter. Nae answer to that. Tambourines oot the pram. Ill be in my own somewhat quieter and less stressful mode of transport at the next away game. The tambourinis who, to be fair, are much more committed supporters than me, are welcome to belt out whatever aural pish they wish. Just so long as I don't have to listen to it.

Archived