Can Dumbarton beat the Amber Machine at Almondvale on Saturday?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This'll be a lot tougher than the Falkirk game that's for sure, Dumbarton are on  back to back league wins too, and only 3 points behind us.  Normally i'd say they'd be favourites for the win, as was mentioned they have a good record playing at Livi, but this team under Hopkin is a bit different from past teams and have shown a lot more steel and determination in their play.  So a draw it is then.:lol:

Nah I think we'll scrape a narrow win.

What a great start to the league campaign for both these clubs, 12 points and 9 points is a great return at this stage and both sides are proving a lot of people wrong, Dumbarton are like Hamilton, everyone writes them off year after year but they keep on defying the odds, credit to them.

Dumbarton have always been a difficult team for us to come up against, especially at home and I don't see this being any different. 

We have been most successful hitting teams on the break this season but in this game I can see us having to try and break Dumbarton down and them doing to us what we've been doing to others, frustrating us and trying to grab a goal. 

I think it will all be about patience on Saturday, ofcourse an early goal would settle everyone down, that's the ideal scenario for us.

Take any kind of win in this one, don't think anyone will run away with this game, it'll be tight, I just hope we come out of the game on the right side of the result. 

If we win this it'll be the first time since January 2014 that we've done that. Livi look as good as they have done in recent years though; they aren't in chaos on the park, and everything seems settled behind the scenes, so I'd bite your hand off for a point right now.

Assuming that Stevie's going to persevere with Dowie at CB, I'd like to see us go with something like this:

Scott Gallacher

Sam Wardrop Andy Dowie Dougie Hill Chris McLaughlin

David Wilson Craig Barr

Dimitris Froxylias Mark Stewart Tom Walsh

Christian Nadé

Subs: Not Kyle Hutton, Not Kyle Hutton, Not Kyle Hutton, Not Kyle Hutton, Not Kyle Hutton, Not Kyle Hutton, Jamie Ewings

Incredibly, given where we were at the start of the season, we actually look not too bad going forward these days, and with Froxy have a player capable of a bit of magic. Unfortunately Dowie and Hill don't look anywhere near as good as Mango and Hill, and we'll no doubt have another 90 minutes of watching Kyle Hutton mark space, point, and try in desperation to somehow shovel the ball onto his right foot.

Unless I'm wrong, 8 of our last 10 meetings have had a goal after the 80 minute mark. 6 of those games had an influence on the result, all in Dumbarton's favour, 2 ending in a draw and 4 in a win. In 2 of those 4 Livingston were ahead going into the last 10 minutes and Dumbarton got a late equaliser and followed it up with a winner... Both of those games were at Almondvale.

Last 10 games at Almondvale has 5 with late goals, that's not counting a league cup game that we won after ET. Need to go back to 2011 for our last late goal against Dumbarton that meant something, Robbie Winters equaliser in the 2nd division. 2 home wins, 3 draws (1 was the LC game), 5 away wins.

All of that doesn't even include the 4-3 game where the score was still 2-1 with 10 to go.

Already seething and they haven't even scored their late equaliser/winner :lol:

Mullen  -  Todorov
Longridge  -  Byrne  -  Pittman  -  Jacobs  -  Mullin
Lithgow  -  Halkett  -  McMillan/Penrice
Alexander

Yeah would like to see McMillan come in for the suspended Gallagher, and leave Toddy up front with Mullen. Never know with Hoppy just now though he makes 5 changes every game just now, and we're still doing well. Penrice looked good in midfield, so did Jacko, and Robinson has scored a few when he's got a game in there too, so doesn't really seem to matter which players he picks, they all play well.

Not sure we will be annihilating anyone; or defence has generally been pretty good (with the minor slip up) and our midfield is pretty strong but our forward line have struggled.

Obviously I'm going for a Livi win but I'm not overly confident; a lot of water has passed under the bridge when a Livi v. Dumbarton game was a foregone conclusion (and we don't have Ian Russell in the team - I don't think he ever failed to score against them?)

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Not sure we will be annihilating anyone; or defence has generally been pretty good (with the minor slip up) and our midfield is pretty strong but our forward line have struggled.

Obviously I'm going for a Livi win but I'm not overly confident; a lot of water has passed under the bridge when a Livi v. Dumbarton game was a foregone conclusion (and we don't have Ian Russell in the team - I don't think he ever failed to score against them?)

Everyone is chipping in with goals though, that's 9 goals in our last 4 games. Don't know if it's just a coincidence since signing Hartson as our coach, but before that it was 5 goals in 4 games. Seem to be scoring from set pieces just recently too, and the one against Falkirk was def worked out in training.

Not going to score 4 or 5 goals like we did in League One, the Championship is a lot harder to get goals in, but averaging  2 a game is decent.

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Maybe someone can confirm but I only see 1 Livi win at home over Dumbarton in the last 6 games, that correct ? 

Yep, last time we played we got a 2-0 win. Need to go back 8 games to get the one before that where we somehow managed a 5-0 win.

Archived