Inverness v Queens

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really not confident about this one and it's completely down to last weeks debacle. I was confident going up to Paisley and to begin with I thought we had a chance. But our manager's shitbag approach to the game well and trulg humped us. If he takes that approach today then you can thank us in advance Caley for kick-starting your season.

A back four today please and play the players where they know what the hell they're doing and we should get something.

I think I'm coming to this tomorrow. The way this season is going there should be goals but feck knows what the score will be. How much is the car park please?

Either £2 or £3 I’m a tightwad I park round from the stadium

Really not confident about this one and it's completely down to last weeks debacle. I was confident going up to Paisley and to begin with I thought we had a chance. But our manager's shitbag approach to the game well and trulg humped us. If he takes that approach today then you can thank us in advance Caley for kick-starting your season.

A back four today please and play the players where they know what the hell they're doing and we should get something.

Hard to disagree with any of that - after starting the league campaign with a positive outlook and one that was starting to turn round some of the GN doubters like me - he reverted to type last week and rather than exploit our many strengths he set up negatively and singularly failed to take advantage of their defensive probs.

Sincerely hope that this doesn't follow last years declining graph but I have sincere doubts that GN has what it takes. I desperately hope to be proved wrong starting today.

Team today confirmed.
                              Martin.
Rooney, Fordyce, Kerr,  Marshall
Tapping, Jacobs, Rankin, Stirling.
                  Kane,  Dobbie.
Subs:- Leighfield, Brownlie, McFadden, Lyle, Murray, Mercer, Dykes.

Can't really complain about that. I don't think Lyle deserved to be dropped but then I think Kane did enough to earn a start. Not a complaint but I find it strange Stirling has barely featured yet comes in from the start today.

Certainly looks more orthadox than last week; on paper at least.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't really complain about that. I don't think Lyle deserved to be dropped but then I think Kane did enough to earn a start. Not a complaint but I find it strange Stirling has barely featured yet comes in from the start today.

Certainly looks more orthadox than last week; on paper at least.

Yep I thought Kane did well when he came on last week as did Tapping so I expected both to come in. Lyle is a little unlucky to be dropped while Dykes can have no real complaint based on last week`s display. I`m still unconvinced by Rooney at RB but at least he is in his best position rather than playing Fordyce there. Unless Martin is miraculously fully fit now then he is fortunate to start today. Hope he does well.

38 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Team today confirmed.

Martin.

Rooney, Fordyce, Kerr,  Marshall

Tapping, Jacobs, Rankin, Stirling.

Kane,  Dobbie.

Subs:- Leighfield, Brownlie, McFadden, Lyle, Murray, Mercer, Dykes.

Other than the keeper debacle I think that's as close to our starting 11 as possible. I'm more hopeful of a positive result from our outfield players. Hopefully Caley cant get their shots on target. 

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

If Leighfield can’t get in the team after Martin’s performance last week, he never will.

If I was Leighfield I would be utterly seething right now.  Imagine travelling that distance to sit on the bench and watch a crock play in your position.  Ridiculous.

At least the outfield positions look a lot more balanced than last week.  We've given ourselves half a chance with that, but going on the assumption that Inverness will have at least one shot on target I can't see us not conceding.

Sounds like we’ve tried to shitfest it and hit Caley on the break based on what Barry Wilson is reporting on the radio.

You could say it’s working as we are drawing but it’s not exactly playing to the strength of our attacking players.

Mediocre mid-to-bottom of the league teams will be happy with an away point. Teams allegedly aiming for the playoffs should be taking the game to a clearly vulnerable Inverness.

Good point at Inverness by all accounts should have took the 3 points back Down the road, many chances two cleared of the line one big claim for handball on the line and another trip on Dobbie in the box getting neither. Was happy with the look of the starting 11 today solid at back and created chances going forward. Do to hit the net a few times next week and get the forwards confidence back before the visit of the Pars in the league.

I quite enjoyed that for a nil nil - well the second half anyway. Inverness were rotten and pedestrian. They had no outball and no creativity. I can see them being in trouble at the wrong end.

Queens were dying for a bit of width but Dobbie should have had at least two. Should have been an away win.

Archived