Inverness v Queens

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to basics for this one please. That will entail playing a goalkeeper who can move, and all ten outfield players in their correct positions.

It still might not be enough to get a result, but it’ll make a defeat a hell of a lot easier to stomach.

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Too far. 

(On the assumption that Martin does actually have an injury).

Is it too far ? Antell made a howler every so often. He wasn't the worlds worst shot stopper. The only problem was he was more scared of crosses than Dracula and chucked a few in over maybe 10 games. Any shot on target at the moment has a very very good chance of going in.  Do we know he has an injury or just hoping to god he must as he surely can't be this bad fit ? 

3-5-2 is the way forward  Leighfield

Fordyce    Brownlie    Kerr

Rooney             Tapping     Jacobs       Rankin               Marshall

Dobbie       Kane

2 hours ago, football maniac said:

3-5-2 is the way forward  Leighfield

Fordyce    Brownlie    Kerr

Rooney             Tapping     Jacobs       Rankin               Marshall

Dobbie       Kane

Don't disagree,think even taking tapping out for Lyle and playing Dobbie 'in the hole' would work well also 

1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Don't disagree,think even taking tapping out for Lyle and playing Dobbie 'in the hole' would work well also 

Yeah that would be a good potential solution too. Stirling in that scenario could even be used ahead of Tapping in the hole in a 3-4-1-2 aswell. Dobbie and in the future Faddy could also be candidates for that role. Perhaps the games where we are expected to dominate we could go with that formation and in the games where more defending is required a 3-5-2 could be used. It would allow us to play everyone in their correct position. Over the last few weeks Tapping, Rooney, Fordyce and Dykes have all suffered from not playing in their correct positions. I just don't feel we have enough width to play a 4-4-2 as it means playing guys on the wing who are not comfortable there.

I'm needing sectioned for going to this,  haven't ever been North of Aberdeen so this is all very exciting.

I'd start the back four that finished the game on Saturday and possibly go back to the formation that we played at Falkirk/Livingston seeing as Inverness don't have the same wide threat as Saints do.  I'd swap Martin for Leighfield because I think being able to move is a quite important thing for a goalkeeper to do. Also Kane for Dykes as I think we need to be a lot more quicker on the break.

Leighfield

Rooney

Kerr

Fordyce

Marshall

Jacobs

Rankin 

Tapping

Dobbie

Lyle

Kane

Archived