Airdrie v Queen's Park

an86

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen coupled with THE most negative performance I've ever seen from an away team at Broomfield.

How QP managed to keep 11 men on the park is a mystery. Referee lost the plot.

Would have been absolutely seething had we not put a few past that mob.

Nelly [emoji7]

We were abysmal. Vintage away game at Airdrie. An exhibition of chronic defending from us, and an exhibition of seething from the home support. Special word for the boy in the bogs/on the concourse at half-time. An absolute mess of a human being.

The QP guy squared up to Airdrie's bench and what followed was what is usually described as "handbags" in rugby. Fitzpatrick was sent to the stand for the second time in a few weeks and will probably get a lengthy ban. How the guy who started it all only got a yellow is beyond comprehension.

32 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Looking forward to this evening's statement after Jim Jong Un has imbibed a few sherbets. 

Apparently the Chairman is on holiday so probably no statement tonight.

I thought Willis was excellent and Fry and Watt put in a shift and Stewart was magic. Not so sure about Hastie though.

1-1 at half time and based on that first half I thought the game could go either way.  2nd half was the poorest display from Queens in a long time looking devoid of ideas and Airdrie's 4th goal just about summed up our defence.  Remember when every ball was chased and we shut down movement by opponents ......... . Its now up to the manager and squad to get motivation going for the next game against Forfar which hopefully will be our turning point ?

5 minutes ago, waysider said:

Apparently the Chairman is on holiday so probably no statement tonight.

I thought Willis was excellent and Fry and Watt put in a shift and Stewart was magic. Not so sure about Hastie though.

I thought Furtado's touch was poor in the first half and he wasn't winning high balls but he was the exact opposite in the 2nd half.  Stewart was excellent throughout - got into good positions, his running with the ball was excellent and he took both his chances like a boss.

The only real frustrations were the wasteful mistakes which cost a couple of unecessary goals when QP never looked likely to score, and the tendency to continually pass around the back without finding  an opening to move the ball forward and eventually losing it with a hopeful punt up the park.

It is wrong to come away from a winning fixture thinking mainly about the referee but that guy was abysmal. Don't remember seeing you before Mr Graham but things can only improve???

How QP finished the game with a full team is hard to comprehend.  In contrast, Furtado gets booked for being fouled.  

It looked  fairly square at half time although Muir did keep QP in the game with good saves. As has been said the second half was the opposite especially after Cairns scored for 2-1. Furtado made life really difficult for QP and a deserved 4-1 lead, only for some dodgy defending by Brownlie. Was behind the dugout for the stooshie. No 6 thought the throw was for him, presumably so he could steal at least ten yards and he hauled Fitzpatrick out of the way to grab the ball-so many bodies then in the technical area for a scuffle to ensue. I don't think Fitzpatrick did anything but if he is sent to stand, how the instigator then only gets a yellow is a puzzle. Kevin Graham also gave two fouls against QP for jersey pulling but issued no cards/Allowed players with injury treatment to return in seconds/awarded a throw to Airdrie and then reversed it/rarely allowed advantage/spoke to no one about time wasting from 1-1 but he did let us score! Hastie was poor in attitude and effort until about five minutes before he was subbed. Queens will struggle this season despite some well organised possession which lad to few real chances.

At least there were no penalties this season for Russell to score( or miss) Well done the Albion for denting the big shots.

Our first goal was excellent today, lovely build up and a composed finish from Stewart. 

Furtado put himself about well in the 2nd half and responded to some of the QP "tactics" well with a few crowd pleasing touches - even after taking a wee kick from Galt (for which furtado was, inexplicably, booked).

Some comedy defending as mentioned above but we got away with it today. I felt before the match this was a really big one for us mentally - defeat could have been a real blow - but ended up delighted with us for the first time in a long time. 

Archived