Airdrie v Queen's Park

an86

Wonder also if the Lowland league has had an impact on the availability of players as there are 3 Glasgowish teams in that league competing for talent?..know you have picked up a couple of players from this league but believe that league is improving all the time with more x-juniors and young talent prefering this option!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, NathanQP said:

We’re just missing a striker tbh, get someone to put the chances away and we’re golden

Not sure about that. Conceded five goals on three occasions at home, albeit one of them against an SPL team. Two clean sheets in eleven games. I think we have problems in a number of areas.

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

Not sure about that. Conceded five goals on three occasions at home, albeit one of them against an SPL team. Two clean sheets in eleven games. I think we have problems in a number of areas.

If you can keep the other lot busy in defence then the goals against tally will drop too. Many oppo fans have commented on how we are tidy up until the top third. I'd imgine most of the coaches know that too and put an extra man in midfield or up top for them, safe in the knowledge we can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Anyway, back on topic... when was the last time we beat Airdrie away? Scottish Cup in 1982?

Jings, that brings back memories. A lightning breakaway for the winner! Where are they now.

The ever-reliable QPFC.com shows there was a league match almost precisely a year after that which resulted in 1-0 victory for the QP. No 9 scored. Wonder what he's doing this weekend :whistle

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Question for Airdrie fans. Are there any former QP players in your squad. It's not often it happens that our opposition doesn't have at least one ex-QP but looking down your squad in the OS there were no names I recognised, unless maybe a former Development player tucked away? 

So no chance of one of our ex-players scoring against us for the 3rd week in a row 

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:15, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Jings, that brings back memories. A lightning breakaway for the winner! Where are they now.

The ever-reliable QPFC.com shows there was a league match almost precisely a year after that which resulted in 1-0 victory for the QP. No 9 scored. Wonder what he's doing this weekend :whistle

Did your extra time win at Firhill a few years ago almost count as an away game? Was it during the Commonwealth game period? I did go and see Queens a few times at Airdrie during that period-educated crowd compared to Clyde that day. Have not got a scooby about tomorrow but hope your recent form against us in Airdrie continues; as for hampden I worry.

Question for Airdrie fans. Are there any former QP players in your squad. It's not often it happens that our opposition doesn't have at least one ex-QP but looking down your squad in the OS there were no names I recognised, unless maybe a former Development player tucked away? 

David Brownlie ex Development player left when he was 15 to go to Rangers

Did your extra time win at Firhill a few years ago almost count as an away game? Was it during the Commonwealth game period? I did go and see Queens a few times at Airdrie during that period-educated crowd compared to Clyde that day. Have not got a scooby about tomorrow but hope your recent form against us in Airdrie continues; as for hampden I worry.

Nice try Chap but it was officially a QP home game. Bizarrely, due to London 2012 Olympics.

Appreciate your kind comment but to be fair pretty much every club has an educated crowd by comparison to Clyde. Except Cowdenbeath obviously.

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

How time flies. Some Olympic football at Hampden. Was that when they played the wrong North Korean anthem? Cowdenbeath had the most foul mouthed fans on the old terraces and I like a good wee swearing myself but it was truly industrial.

They put the North players up on the screen next to the South's flag. Seemed ridculous at the time but current events show what it meant to them.

Back to the game. Orr or Donnely to start? 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

They put the North players up on the screen next to the South's flag. Seemed ridculous at the time but current events show what it meant to them.

Back to the game. Orr or Donnely to start? 

Orr. Looks a very busy wee player. Would like to see more of him. Won't be raging if it's Donnelly either. Not set the heather alight, but it's early days.

Orr. Looks a very busy wee player. Would like to see more of him. Won't be raging if it's Donnelly either. Not set the heather alight, but it's early days.

I'd like to see Orr getting a few weeks from the start to get some continuity but whoever we use is always going to struggle as a lone striker in this league. Gus has moved from 5 to 4 at the back but the midfield has the extra player, often switching to 442 late in the game. Maybe today would be a good day to start with 2 up front. The GA is bad but most of it came from two games. We're still the worst GF in the league as we were last season. Even promotion year was very poor.

Muir

Millen Cummins Iredale Summer

Fotheringham

Bailey Docherty Brady

Orr Galt

Archived