German Election

Sooky

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've just liked a post slating Cornish, Welsh and farmers for not voting according to their economic interests but now your slating someone who did vote according to their economic interests. Make your mind up ffs.

You're clearly not the sharpest tool in the box- stick to one word replies in future and know your level [emoji106]

Sigh, Dyson doesn't manufacturer here. What are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Surprised to see the SPD do so poorly, thought Schulz would have given them a boost. The CDU shedding 9% must be worrying, thought Merkel was perceived as doing a decent job, they'll need someone good to replace her when she eventually steps down. AfD have done well, weird seeing a right wing nationalist party rise to 3rd in Germany but I suppose it was always going to happen. The next 4 years should be interesting.

Tbh, not having followed the build-up, the extent of their success surprised me - forecast seemingly 1 in 7 votes, 1 in 6 seats (pre-"top ups"), and indeed look like becoming 3rd largest party.

With SPD mauled and pledged to renege coalition, BBC suggesting CDU-CSU needs to ally with both Greens and Liberals.

Current predictions:

CDU-CSU ... 239-243
SPD ... 150-153
AfD ... 93-98
Liberals ... 77
Die Linke ... 66-67
Greens ...  65-67

Majority... 346-353

A lot of people in dead end post-hope shitholes voted for Brexit as a rebellion against Westminster and for one last probably hopeless roll of the dice. It's not them who are to blame but dickhead scum like Boris Johnson who knew exactly what would happen if Britain voted to leave and campaigned for it purely to benefit his career.

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbh, not having followed the build-up, the extent of their success surprised me - forecast seemingly 1 in 7 votes, 1 in 6 seats (pre-"top ups"), and indeed look like becoming 3rd largest party.

With SPD mauled and pledged to renege coalition, BBC suggesting CDU-CSU needs to ally with both Greens and Liberals.

Current predictions:

CDU-CSU ... 239-243
SPD ... 150-153
AfD ... 93-98
Liberals ... 77
Die Linke ... 66-67
Greens ...  65-67

Majority... 346-353

Yeah the coalition has hit the SPD hard. I was reading that another reason they don't want to form another coalition is because it would mean the AfD become the opposition, giving them a louder voice and far more coverage. Merkel needs to tread carefully, a lot of the AfD vote is an anti-immigration vote so ignoring them for the next 4 years will only increase their vote, and there's a very narrow gap between them and the SPD in 2nd place.

54 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Assuming those concerns aren't just some form of: "i don't like different people" those concerns could easily have been addressed while staying in the EU.

Although I agee, not all leavers are thick or bigots, some are just b*****ds who stand to gain like that p***k Dyson. But the reality of Brexit is that the overwhelming majority are going to lose out and the cynical smart fucker 3rd option chaps are few and far between.

So unless you invented the bagless vacuum cleaner and a way to make idiot women pay even more money for a fucking hairdryer, we've narrowed it down to either option no.1 or no.2. Haven't we?

I comfortable swapping thick for gullible if that softens the blow any?

Personally, I'm not for or against multi-culturalism.   I don't really care where people are from and I judge everyone as independent entities.   

There are some examples where multi-culturalism works like universities placing 4 freshers in a flat randomly.   Placing 400 folk from the same country in another country in a random block of flats ( and it's encouraged by councils making money by filling vacant properties)  is utter madness.    A "Britishness" test is a stupid idea.   If the people entering the UK were sensibly integrated I would have voted remain.   Although I've always been in favour of EFTA /EEA, something my leave vote hasn't recognised.      

Big Angela is a bit of G. 3 times out of 3 that her junior coalition partner has had a rough one in the next election. She certainly knows how to get a political party Lib Dem'd.

I'd have thought with her down 8% and AfD up by roughly the same amount that there'd be a direct switchover but it looks like they've taken from across the board, with the biggest numbers coming from the SPD. Social Democrats having a hard time in plenty of places just now but with Schulz by all accounts being seen as almost identical to Merkel on policy, it's maybe not surprising that the hype train amounted to f**k all. 

The folk protesting is a bit of a minter. Plenty of valid things to protest about in the world but not liking an election result isn't one of them.

17 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

These fuckin Germans just can't stop putting people in charge who try to destroy the West.

Bad enough you constantly backing that racist dickhead Trump now you want similar for Germany.

Would you rather have tge AfD who want to bring facism back to Germany.

Actually scrub that question we all know that's exactly what you would prefer.

The German electoral system is weird. In 2013 there was the standard 598 seats plus 33 extra seats added on. This time, there's 111 extra seats so the parliament will have 78 more MPs than it did last time (and over 700 in total).

Not sure what to make of AfD.  Although they sometimes get portrayed as neo-Nazis, they are definitely not the same as the NPD who are the genuine article on that and only got 0.4% of the vote as there is usually no great enthusiasm in Germany for that particular brand of politics for obvious reasons, so are they really not just like the Eurosceptic wing of the Tory party that is currently in power in UK terms?

Not sure what to make of AfD.  Although they sometimes get portrayed as neo-Nazis, they are definitely not the same as the NPD who are the genuine article on that and only got 0.4% of the vote as there is usually no great enthusiasm in Germany for that particular brand of politics for obvious reasons, so are they really not just like the Eurosceptic wing of the Tory party that is currently in power in UK terms?

I think the issue is that when they first formed, they were more of an anti-Euro type party but there's been huge power struggles the past few years between moderates and well, German nationalists, and they have without a doubt shifted a lot further to the right.

Also one of their co-leaders, who regards themselves as more moderate, criticised the rhetoric from the party and just casually announced at a press conference with the other leaders that she wouldn't sit with the parliamentary group and then just walked out...

What are the 'legitimate concerns' crew's thoughts on these concerns usually coming from those with the least contact with immigrants?

If AfD are the voice of these concerns in Germany, why would there be over twice as much concern in the country's whitest state than the national average? 

Folk being convinced by Goldman Sachs bankers to rail against those elites and take out their own sense of inadequacy on immigrants thar they've had relatively little contact with. Thick bigots sounds fair to me.

Not sure who that is aimed at? My point was basically that we don't need to look any further than Westminster for a government run by the populist far right in EU terms and as much as I dislike the politics of the likes of Theresa May or Nigel Farange I don't think they have much in common with Adolf Hitler.

43 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

What are the 'legitimate concerns' crew's thoughts on these concerns usually coming from those with the least contact with immigrants?

If AfD are the voice of these concerns in Germany, why would there be over twice as much concern in the country's whitest state than the national average? 

Folk being convinced by Goldman Sachs bankers to rail against those elites and take out their own sense of inadequacy on immigrants thar they've had relatively little contact with. Thick bigots sounds fair to me.

Useless post/questions without sources.

Archived