Light meals and snacks

sjc

Looking for inspiration here folks, due to my recent acute pancreatitis attack I find myself limited to light, low fat meals and snacks.

Any suggestions? 

Current favourites are scrambled/poached/boiled eggs on toast, mozzarella, tomato & basil on toast, toast and jam.....

10 minutes ago, sjc said:

Looking for inspiration here folks, due to my recent acute pancreatitis attack I find myself limited to light, low fat meals and snacks.

Any suggestions? 

Current favourites are scrambled/poached/boiled eggs on toast, mozzarella, tomato & basil on toast, toast and jam.....

I think I remember you mentioning you live in Japan a while back. Surely sushi is the answer.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think I remember you mentioning you live in Japan a while back. Surely sushi is the answer.

Yeh but I was thinking more about things to make at home as opposed to something that has to be bought on the day. Fucked if I'm (and I'm sure my wife will agree) making sushi from scratch! 

12 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Onion, mushrooms, sweet corn, peppers, ham, mozzarela.

Open a pitta bread and spread some tomato puree inside. Stuff in mixture. Put on George Foreman grill/toasty maker/ under grill till the cheese has melted.

Sweetcorn, are you trying to turn him into some sort of Gatling gun?

To save yourself some time in the kitchen, rather than cooking a tricky-to-prepare savoury snack for yourself every time you get hungry,  you could simply take a medium haul flight on which a selection of light snacks and warm sandwiches are served.  Not only would you save yourself all that washing up, you'd see some lovely parts of the world at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

To save yourself some time in the kitchen, rather than cooking a tricky-to-prepare savoury snack for yourself every time you get hungry,  you could simply take a medium haul flight on which a selection of light snacks and warm sandwiches are served.  Not only would you save yourself all that washing up, you'd see some lovely parts of the world at the same time.

Not sure if this is a serious suggestion or not but I'd imagine the expense and time issues could be a problem tbh. 

1 hour ago, sjc said:

Any suggestions? 

In view of your nautical history get some out of date biscuits with weevils.  Should meet all your needs.

Archived