Dons vs Saints - 30/09

This is like Christmas for me, a Saints game I can attend and enjoy pre and post match boozing. Yesterday was a strange one for us. While we got the win the first half in particular was fairly unconvincing. A midfield including Craig, Murray and Paton doesn't convince and while all have their individual qualities there's too much similarities for me. With that in mind I'd like to see MOH in wide left and Craig replacing Paton (who admittedly was good at retaining the ball yesterday but just too slow at releasing). Cummins impressed me yesterday with the exception of his snapshot effort off Macleans rebound which was wild. His movement and aerial play was fairly decent.

Mannus

Comrie Joe Ando Easton

Scougall Craig Muzz MOH

Macca Cummins

Traditionally (in the 6 years I've lived up here) we've tended to pretty good at Pitoddrie. Dependant upon their result today but I don't think we've anything to fear. 2-1 Saints and a steaming me by 2pm.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mannus

Comrie Anderson Shaughnessy Easton

Millar Davidson

Wotherspoon Scougall O'Halloran

MacLean

This would be my  preferred choice. Tommy won't give Millar a start though.

Mannus
                     Millar Davidson
                           MacLean

I'd be inclined to play Cummins over MacLean in this one tbh, cause we need someone to chase the ball and I'm not sure MacLean is suited to one up top any more. Plus we all know it'll be Paton in midfield, which I'm ok with as he's been excellent this season.

Do you not get frustrated with his inability to penetrate the opposition? Everything yesterday went back or sideways and was done extremely slowly. I've no issues with ball retention but if that's the way we're setting up then Millar is still the best we have for that role.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Mannus

Millar Davidson

MacLean

I like that starting line up but would also consider Cummins as the lone striker.  I would expect it will be your team with Paton instead of Midge.  

Paton has done well this season and is a very good player to have in the squad, but I sometimes wonder if a lot of his plaudits come from last gasp sliding tackles and blocks which are very noticeable, and nothing gets a cheer from the crowd in Scottish football like a sliding tackle.  Players who quietly go about their business being in the right position and mopping things up stand out a lot less.

I thought he was very poor in the first half yesterday, and Accies strolled through our central midfield a number of times.

He puts everything he's got into each game though, and I imagine manager's love him for the reason that you know exactly what you're going to get.  He's done really well in winning the Saints fans over.

You need a player like Paton, I think. He also seems to allow Muzz freedom to get forward, which is a huge benefit.

MOH - Paton - Muzz - Craig

Wotherspoon

MacLean

Is what I expect

Looking forward to making the short trip to Aberdeen and joining all the lads in the boozer. Two proud football clubs going head to head for that precious second spot. All I can ask is for a good game of football and may the best team win. There will be no hard feelings after the match no matter the result.

Given our recent double header at Motherwell, its time to embrace the Shitefest. 

Lewis

O'Connor Arneson McKenna Considine

Logan          McLean     Ball             Shinnie

Christie

Rooney

Dons win 1 -0. Rooney penalty following a dive by Christie  the one time we get in the Fermer's 18 yard area. 

Before the Dons fans start going on about Saints, remember that it takes two to shitfest. You're every bit as brutal to watch to us, as we are to you, probably slightly more so to be honest.  

If Hibs win next Saturday's battle of who wants to be Irish the most, Saints get a win at the dung heap, then a week on Friday night we can beat rangers to go back to our rightful place at the pinnacle of Scottish football in front of a worldwide tv audience of 350m....       with 2500 Saints fans at the game. Happy days!

In addition to Paulos post, I'd like to make a bet that we'll witness an Aberdeen fan on Twitter complain about Scougall being "overly physical" next weekend, despite the fact he'll play in direct competition with Considine

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Before the Dons fans start going on about Saints, remember that it takes two to shitfest. You're every bit as brutal to watch to us, as we are to you, probably slightly more so to be honest.  

If Hibs win next Saturday's battle of who wants to be Irish the most, Saints get a win at the dung heap, then a week on Friday night we can beat rangers to go back to our rightful place at the pinnacle of Scottish football in front of a worldwide tv audience of 350m....       with 2500 Saints fans at the game. Happy days!

:lol:

Guest Bob Mahelp

The worst day of the season.

God, I hate when the fermers roll into town with fitba that makes ICT look like Brazil 1970, and then escape with the inevitable 1-0 win.

Archived