Celtic v Hibernian

A warm welcome at Celtic Park for Lennon, Stokes, Ambrose and co for the first meeting between the sides in almost four years and a dress rehersal of next months League Cup semi.

We may make one or two changes after Anderlecht on wednesday night, Hibs have blown a bit hot and cold this season, when they're good they are superb and when bad they have been honking, still think they will be a top six side at the very least.

3-1 Celtic, Griffiths, Roberts and Armstrong to reply to a goal by Stokes, neither him nor Griffiths to celebrate their goals.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

What’s the chances of getting a ticket in the home end?  No hope in hell of getting an away ticket.  

Seen quite a few Hibs fans online claiming they've got tickets in 119 (the block next to the away fans). They could be talking shite but it's also perfectly possible.

Think it's a bit pathetic that Celtic give us such a tiny allocation, when they're pretending to still sell out their ground every week. Would love to see Hibs cut their allocation for Easter Road accordingly.

In the past few seasons Hibs have raised their game and done better in 'bigger' fixtures, and slipped up more in matches they're expected to win.  This season Aldo, a win at Ibrox and a home tanking by Accies.

With this in mind, and seeing Hibs play very well at McDiarmid, I think they'll take something from this game. As long as they don't completely bottle it as most teams do when they play against this Celtic team.

As long as Hibs don't try to go overly defensive, and play their normal attacking game, I think they can cause Celtic problems.

celtic 1 Hibs 2

my slightly very optimistic prediction

53 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Looking forward to this game especially the broony-Mcginn match up and Griffiths apologising to the hibs fans for scoring a brace.

We’ll forgive him after after Efe and Stokesy score in a 4-2 Hibs win...

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 24/09/2017 at 10:09, Flybhoy said:

A warm welcome at Celtic Park for Lennon, Stokes, Ambrose and co for the first meeting between the sides in almost four years and a dress rehersal of next months League Cup semi.

We may make one or two changes after Anderlecht on wednesday night, Hibs have blown a bit hot and cold this season, when they're good they are superb and when bad they have been honking, still think they will be a top six side at the very least.

3-1 Celtic, Griffiths, Roberts and Armstrong to reply to a goal by Stokes, neither him nor Griffiths to celebrate their goals.

Have Hibs actually been 'superb' any time this season ?

I mean, they're undoubtedly a top 5 or 6 side, but I can't recall them setting the heather on fire at any point this season.

Boyle's had some excellent games as a RWB, putting in a good shift defensively and contributing well to attacks.

With that in mind, I'd play a 4-1-4-1 but with Boyle basically there to cover Whittaker. If any of Celtic's wingers get one on one with him, we're fucked.

I agree that we're better in big games and as underdogs but the gap in quality is too big here. Wouldn't be too surprised to see us score but we'll definitely concede at least 3.

Archived