The big Falkirk relegation/administration thread...

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I kind of think it is, tbqhwy.

We do what you suggest: we guarantee pumpings every week, the youngsters quickly lose heart and cease to put the commitment in, and they stall or regress as footballers.

Lose, lose, lose.

Yesterday was clearly completely unacceptable, but I'm 100% convinced we will pick up and at least make a fight of it.

As opposed to the seniors doing the exact same thing?

As to your last point, I admire your optimism but I see no evidence of this happening

Guest Back Post Misses

If true that’s quite a performance.

I, like others, want to give Hartley a chance but the early tactical signs are not great so whilst I do expect an improvement post January I am not sure I can see us picking up 30 points if needed.

Sure I read Jack Ross lost his first 8 games. It has been poor under Hartley away from home but we are not as bad as that. We played pretty well against St.Mirren and The Scum at home.

Yesterday however was as bad as I can remember for many many years

5 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

As opposed to the seniors doing the exact same thing?

As to your last point, I admire your optimism but I see no evidence of this happening

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sure I read Jack Ross lost his first 8 games. It has been poor under Hartley away from home but we are not as bad as that. We played pretty well against St.Mirren and The Scum at home.

Yesterday however was as bad as I can remember for many many years

Basically what BPM said. We have been decent in games, while admitting yesterday was dreadful. If the seniors do it: hell mend them if they suffer, but we can't do that to a team of youngsters.

We'll pick up points from now, certainly more than the 12 @Mr X sees as our upper limit for some reason.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Basically what BPM said. We have been decent in games, while admitting yesterday was dreadful. If the seniors do it: hell mend them if they suffer, but we can't do that to a team of youngsters.

We'll pick up points from now, certainly more than the 12 @Mr X sees as our upper limit for some reason.

Good grief

Unlike your nonsensical ramblings, I wasnt being entirely serious

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

OK.

So instead of "You'll be lucky to pick up 12 points between now and the end of the season", how many do you think we'll pick up?

And do you think we'll avoid 9th? I'll be clear and say yes, we will.

I have no idea how many points you'll pick up. Right now, you're on course for somewhere in the high 20s. Thats unlikely to be enough to avoid 9th

Im not convinced you'll catch Dumbarton but, given their current form, you might be lucky and pass Morton. You wont catch Queens

If (I know, I know) we beat Morton on Saturday, I think both they and the Sons will consider themselves in a fight.

Our fixtures before halfway are Brechin H Morton H Livingston A Dumbarton A Inverness A

Any semi competent Falkirk side should look at that lot and be looking to net 8-10 points.

I'd settle for two home wins and a point at Dumbarton at this stage to keep us in the race until January.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If (I know, I know) we beat Morton on Saturday, I think both they and the Sons will consider themselves in a fight.

Our fixtures before halfway are Brechin H Morton H Livingston A Dumbarton A Inverness A

Any semi competent Falkirk side should look at that lot and be looking to net 8-10 points.

I'd settle for two home wins and a point at Dumbarton at this stage to keep us in the race until January.

The Sons already consider themselves in a fight. Our home form is good this year though (relatively speaking) and we have 4 of our next 7 games at home - two of them against yourselves and Morton. The table could be very interesting going into January.

FWIW I can see Hartley massively changing things in January and I expect Falkirk will pick up. Whether they pick up enough to get safe I don't know. One thing that would be nice (from a Sons fan point of view) is that if Falkirk go down and we stay up then we'd be the longest serving Championship team. Really though, I don't care who goes down as long as we survive.

Personally I think we will get safe. The problem is, that's going to be genuinely dire to watch if we do. Say we are clear enough by February/March to stop worrying then we get a bunch of games that essentially mean absolutely nothing with a bunch of players that you have to imagine would know by that point they are on their way come season's end. Grim.

41 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ay, there's the rub.

48 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Personally I think we will get safe. The problem is, that's going to be genuinely dire to watch if we do. Say we are clear enough by February/March to stop worrying then we get a bunch of games that essentially mean absolutely nothing with a bunch of players that you have to imagine would know by that point they are on their way come season's end. Grim.

There is no way we'll be mathematically safe in February or March.

27 minutes ago, Gaz said:

There is no way we'll be mathematically safe in February or March.

Mathematically yeah I agree, but more at least playing like we look like picking up the required results and a bit of daylight behind us. Could well be that we are still fighting it out with Brechin for the auto relegation spot but I really don't see that continuing for the entire season.  

Archived