The big Falkirk relegation/administration thread...

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:
Falkirk fans bragging that they won't get relegated to the third tier. What a shambles.

I’m under no illusions as to the situation we are in at this point.

If there was no change to personnel in January I would suspect we will be confirmed in the relegation playoffs by the end of March at best.

If we see some deadwood gone and the team balanced out, I think we will clear of the play offs (but only just).

Remember the fan fare once Loy signed we're going to win the league n all that :)  Will he even get a game under under new gaffer considering he punted him

In all seriousness after last season every buddies knows  the struggle you lot are going through right no.   surely January will come big clear out and the rat hartley will keep you afloat,  Big couple of weeks coming up Morton at home and Livi away.

No overreaction to recent results here, but I'd have no problem with the development team playing our remaining fixtures.

Bloods the youngsters, we get to watch a team that at least give a shit, and hopefully I never get to watch Joe McKee pretending to be a footballer again.

Win win. Win.

I wouldn’t wish last season we had on anyone. I was living a nightmare

How many points did you lot have after 13 games last season?

I actually believe we are in a worse situation than you were at this stage and we need 30 points plus from the remaining 23 games to avoid the playoffs!

5 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

No overreaction to recent results here, but I'd have no problem with the development team playing our remaining fixtures.

Bloods the youngsters, we get to watch a team that at least give a shit, and hopefully I never get to watch Joe McKee pretending to be a footballer again.

Win win. Win.

I kind of think it is, tbqhwy.

We do what you suggest: we guarantee pumpings every week, the youngsters quickly lose heart and cease to put the commitment in, and they stall or regress as footballers.

Lose, lose, lose.

Yesterday was clearly completely unacceptable, but I'm 100% convinced we will pick up and at least make a fight of it.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I kind of think it is, tbqhwy.

We do what you suggest: we guarantee pumpings every week, the youngsters quickly lose heart and cease to put the commitment in, and they stall or regress as footballers.

Lose, lose, lose.

Yesterday was clearly completely unacceptable, but I'm 100% convinced we will pick up and at least make a fight of it.

Aye, we canny just play a team of youngsters for the reasons you give. I wouldn't be against blooding some of them in the games to come though. Stowe, in particular, looks like he may be ready for some game time.

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I actually believe we are in a worse situation than you were at this stage and we need 30 points plus from the remaining 23 games to avoid the playoffs!

I think

I think

If true that’s quite a performance.

I, like others, want to give Hartley a chance but the early tactical signs are not great so whilst I do expect an improvement post January I am not sure I can see us picking up 30 points if needed.

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ayr had 14 points after playing 13 games. 

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

As Young Gun said, St mirren had 4 points at this stage.

Its hard to compare exactly due to the games played being different, but Saints were 6 points off 8th, Falkirk are 4 but that could be 5 or 7 if Dumbarton take anything from their game in hand.

Clearly, Falkirk arent in as bad a position as St Mirren were but if you look at the run they went on and the fact they still only survived the play offs by goal difference its going to be a tough task for Falkirk. Dumbarton are already 3 points ahead compared to this stage last season and theres no reason to think they'll pick up less than the 39 points they finished last season with

Archived