Greenock Morton v Gutless Falkirk FC

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, madton said:

Morton fans have never liked Falkirk, it's  feck all to do with the size of your support though! Most Morton fans accept that yourselves, Dunfermline, and the Skunks are bigger clubs with a bigger fan base.

I am concerned for Sat as you just don't know how your players will react to Houston going but at the same time, we know we can beat anyone in the league when we play well and we are always pretty good at Cappielow.

On Bob, decent enough start for him,  5 goals in 12 appearances, 9 of those starts! Sometimes  you don't see him contributing much but his movement in the box is always a threat and puts in a good shift.  An interesting stat in the BBC top scorer section is that every shot he has had in the league has been on target. He has been benched the last 2 games, but i would bring him back in for Sat as he will be keen to score against you lot.

A win puts us 11 points clear of you. Who would have thought that after 8 games??

McHugh could start as Quitongo still feeling the effects of hamstring.  Duffy still not ruling out Jai could make it though. 

Looks like one way or another McHugh will play some part in the game on Saturday 

Have Falkirk added anyone of note to their team from last season?

I'm still confident of a win, 2-1. McHugh double whilst Falkirk score in the last 10 and we shut up shop and hold on for the 3 points.

Rory loy is the most notable addition but to date hasn't scored or played particularly well. maybe with a change of manager and formation he'll pick up.

we've also added McGhee and balatoni to shore up the central defence which has worked to an extent

Going by the Morton fans who post in the Falkirk fc thread, this is a big game for them, they seem to have an irrational hatred of bigger more successful clubs who have bigger supports for example us and St Mirren. If we set up a more balanced and attacking team then we've every chance of getting our first league win of the season. as for McHugh, who knows how good he could've been for us if he got a run of starting games, a player I was sorry we let go. I hope he bangs goals in for Morton and will always hope he does well purely for those last minute strikes against the rangers and hibs.

Oh dear.

11 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Going by the Morton fans who post in the Falkirk fc thread, this is a big game for them, they seem to have an irrational hatred of bigger more successful clubs who have bigger supports for example us and St Mirren. If we set up a more balanced and attacking team then we've every chance of getting our first league win of the season. as for McHugh, who knows how good he could've been for us if he got a run of starting games, a player I was sorry we let go. I hope he bangs goals in for Morton and will always hope he does well purely for those last minute strikes against the rangers and hibs.

Bob McHugh - 3 goals in 26 starts for us in the league over two seasons, started 15 last season and got 1 goal from those 15 starts in the league

10 hours ago, madton said:

Morton fans have never liked Falkirk, it's  feck all to do with the size of your support though! Most Morton fans accept that yourselves, Dunfermline, and the Skunks are bigger clubs with a bigger fan base.

I am concerned for Sat as you just don't know how your players will react to Houston going but at the same time, we know we can beat anyone in the league when we play well and we are always pretty good at Cappielow.

On Bob, decent enough start for him,  5 goals in 12 appearances, 9 of those starts! Sometimes  you don't see him contributing much but his movement in the box is always a threat and puts in a good shift.  An interesting stat in the BBC top scorer section is that every shot he has had in the league has been on target. He has been benched the last 2 games, but i would bring him back in for Sat as he will be keen to score against you lot.

A win puts us 11 points clear of you. Who would have thought that after 8 games??

Fails to add, three of them were against part time teams, he scored the same amount of goals for us all season as he did against Elgin and dont get me started on his invisible man act v Utd

4 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

Have Falkirk added anyone of note to their team from last season?

I'm still confident of a win, 2-1. McHugh double whilst Falkirk score in the last 10 and we shut up shop and hold on for the 3 points.

groundbreaking achievement for him scoring 2 goals in one game at this level then 

20 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Fails to add, three of them were against part time teams, he scored the same amount of goals for us all season as he did against Elgin and dont get me started on his invisible man act v Utd

Never realised goals against part time teams didn't count...

1 hour ago, madton said:

Never realised goals against part time teams didn't count...

Defines your level..... Still if you want to aspire to having a player that does well v part time players, says more about where Morton are

Worth noting that McHugh has two league goals for us this season. Against St. Mirren and Dundee United.

2 goals in 5 starts isn't too bad, especially when his sub appearances have seen him come on pretty close to the end, so not many minutes getting played there.

Scored big goals against Hibs and Rangers for Falkirk as well. For a guy who does well against part time teams, a lot of the goals he scores seems to come against full time teams. Strikes me as odd that.

54 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Defines your level..... Still if you want to aspire to having a player that does well v part time players, says more about where Morton are

Eight points and four places above Falkirk?

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We got the same from Falkirk fans about Jordan White, just because he didn't score goals for Falkirk he was written off as rubbish, but big White did well for us..

By Livie's standards he perhaps did okay but he was nowhere near good enough for us and its no surprising he's now plying his trade at the mighty Barrow down south.  Same with mcHugh.  Was never going to be good enough to get us up so he had to move on. Unfortunately  Loy whose a far better player has struggled in Houstons set up so far this season where we have created the square root of feck all.  I'd like to think that the new man in charge will get the best out of the strikers we have and Bob will be for the most forgotten about other than his super sub antics at the end of Houstons second season.

Good news for the visitors (and the home support) its all systems go for our new turnstiles and your the test boys (and girls)

Entry kept at £18 for full paying fans, see that as a petrol contribution, so expect to see your large travelling support. NB Term only applies to clubs with TS in excess of 1,000.

Anyway Sir Bob will have a run out I suspect its written in the gods hope he gets us one of those 94th min goals you seem to grab against us on a regular basis.

Jai to do a cameo for last 15 mins. Never feel confident v Fawkirk but this should be a good opportunity and see us doing a 2 nil job.   

Archived