Greenock Morton v Gutless Falkirk FC

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Was something wrong with Falkirk TV? Couldn't hear the crowd.

All I could hear was the sound of a FUCKING BIG JUGGERNAUT starting up.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Well deserved win today. Wasn’t a great game by any means and we were helped by how poor Morton were but delighted with that.

Fair play Smith did get his tactics pretty much spot on. I had forgotten how rotten Gallacher was last time he was up against Ross Forbes.

Cracking free-kick from Joe McKee similar to the Dundee Utd game he took the ‘keeper completely by surprise and you could see the goal gave the players a huge lift and they started believing they could win. Really didn’t understand Morton’s tactics today as soon as we scored it was like they ran out of ideas and started panicking just playing long balls which we dealt with comfortably.

Tom Taiwo was my MoM today he was outstanding in the middle of the park breaking up the play all the times and stopping so many attack’s. Kevin O’Hara similar to the Dunfermline game gave us work-rate he ran his heart out and Jordan McGhee was comfortable at left-back he’s yet to have a bad game since he signed and looks like he’ll be a brilliant signing. Special mention to Lee Miller as well best he’s played this season when he came on holding up the ball and winning the knock downs.

The only real negatives for me were the performance of Mark Kerr again who just slows us down, gives the ball away and fouls. He did play better when we went a goal up but was still very lucky to get the full 90 minutes and Shepherd again was shite when he came on he’s not got any intelligence on the pitch he’s no idea when and where to run.

I think that performance does buy into the theory that Houston had lost the dressing room and players weren’t playing for him. Especially at the end of the game there was a real togetherness with the players which has been missing so far this season.

Don't think I need to add anything to these really. Great 3 points considering we were missing Sibbald, Hippolyte and Loy. All aboard the promotion juggernaut 

2 absolutely pish poor teams. That would put you off Scottish football. Take tidser and quitongo out we are rank. Never mind our captain. Falkirk a shadow of the team from last season piss poor. Duffy get Doyle,Russell and Forbes tae fek brutal again, why have Doyle starting when a better player is on loan at Elgin. Where is this increased budget? Totall shambles. Not to mention turned up usual time that I have done for 25 years 1450 and got in ground with my season card at 1510. We are an embarrassment. Is it 2 much 2 delay kick off as it is ur fek up morton get it sorted. 

The fact that Falkirk were a bit pish in the grand scheme of things isn't relevant to whether they deserved to win; they were considerably better than us and therefore deserved it. They set out to control the middle of the park and did so effectively, with Taiwo the best player on the park by a mile as he utterly bodied our midfield throughout and gave them the platform to control the game. Once they were in front they knew they could contain us easily and did so without any fuss.

If we had won a game that way we'd be singing the praises of the defence and Duffy for doing so without giving a f**k about a lack of attacking flair. It's basically what we did in the second half at Palmerston two weeks ago. It was a classic example of one manager tactically outclassing another and I don't see why we should expect Falkirk fans to throw their hands up and say they're still shite when they've ground out a win like that; who cares when you get the win anyway?

The fact that Falkirk were a bit pish in the grand scheme of things isn't relevant to whether they deserved to win; they were considerably better than us and therefore deserved it. They set out to control the middle of the park and did so effectively, with Taiwo the best player on the park by a mile as he utterly bodied our midfield throughout and gave them the platform to control the game. Once they were in front they knew they could contain us easily and did so without any fuss.
If we had won a game that way we'd be singing the praises of the defence and Duffy for doing so without giving a f**k about a lack of attacking flair. It's basically what we did in the second half at Palmerston two weeks ago. It was a classic example of one manager tactically outclassing another and I don't see why we should expect Falkirk fans to throw their hands up and say they're still shite when they've ground out a win like that; who cares when you get the win anyway?

Totally spot on assessment.

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Don't get me wrong we didn't deserve to get beat as Falkirk as racid

Falkirk came for a draw and come away with 3 points   

image.gif.aaf497acd8494587599ee30755bd3137.gif

Nothing to be bitter about. You came for a point and end up with 3 points - well done

image.gif.a26228cab389f34685e7c5aca1dc2e90.gif

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Falkirk were absolutely terrible and didn't offer anything

image.gif.d7776117388239bbdb5d4b5f5f9dde68.gif

I'll continue to channel all my seethe at Duffy for those substitutions and refusing to change the shape of the midfield and not signing a right back and not giving Gavin Gunning a 10 year deal and not being Brian Wake rather than caring if Falkirk fans are acknowledging that they're not actually that good.

2 hours ago, JessieField said:

How crap must Morton be to get beaten by Falkirk. Queens move above Morton in the League.

Well done at Inverness

Well that was utterly diabolical. We simply can't break teams down that sit in. We have no pace whatsoever without Quitongo.

I mean Ross Forbes on one side and Gary Harkins on the other FFS!  Duffy never addressed this failing in the squad in the close season. We've not replaced Nesbitt and it's come back to bite us yet again.

Don't get me wrong we didn't deserve to get beat as Falkirk as racid, that makes it all the more galling to be honest. 

Duffy has to hold his hands up today on something that has been apparent from the start of the season in that we have no pace on the flanks. Why he didn't do something about this is anyones guess.

Falkirk came for a draw and come away with 3 points   

Amazing that you can write so much shite with a braille keyboard

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its nice to see opposing fans recognise Taiwos contribution. He has been the only man with consistent pass marks for us this season and I absolutely love watching him on days like today with the bit between his teeth.

He wasn't great last last week, Houstid tho trying to play him a wee bit more forward isn't his game, today was the Taiwo we know and love.

Well done Falkirk. You weren't brilliant, but still managed to control most of the game and that's the kind of result which could kick start your season.  Taiwos bossed it.

We are really average without Jai and missing Tidser  was a big loss too.

As soon as I seen Harkins and Forbes out wide, I thought we would prob lose and Duffy must be held responsible. No wingers is gonna kill our season as well as the lack of squad depth especially when he has the budget is completely unacceptable.

Well done Bairns.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Wtf is this?!

Its about being  neutral and looking at a team who started their league campaign like we did last season only they have got it sorted quicker. Falkirk will start climbing now. They have a good squad low in confidence. Is it wrong to think that ? 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Its a out being a neutral and looking at a team who started their league campaign like we did last season only they have got it sorted quicker. Falkirk will start climbing now. They have a good squad low in confidence. Is it wrong to think that ? 

Yes, it's wrong. This win wasn't a Falkirk revival. They were very poor and Morton had most of the possession. They sat in and we just couldn't break them down.

They got lucky with a freekick from McKee. And don't even start me on the time-wasting...   

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Yes, it's wrong. This win wasn't a Falkirk revival. They were very poor and Morton had most of the possession. They sat in and we just couldn't break them down.

They got lucky with a freekick from McKee. And don't even start me on the time-wasting...   

Mate seriously its about putting the ball in the net that is the bottom line no matter how you want to drees it up. 

8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Noticed you failed to mention most of the refereeing decisions that went your way today bar the free kick that led to our goal i thought the ref was pretty poor.

Just now, AL0011 said:

Noticed you failed to mention most of the refereeing decisions that went your way today bar the free kick that led to our goal i thought the ref was pretty poor.

McKendick giving Morton favourable refereeing decisions? :lol::lol::lol:

15 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

:bairn:bairn

Archived