Greenock Morton v Gutless Falkirk FC

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

Well that was utterly diabolical. We simply can't break teams down that sit in. We have no pace whatsoever without Quitongo.

I mean Ross Forbes on one side and Gary Harkins on the other FFS!  Duffy never addressed this failing in the squad in the close season. We've not replaced Nesbitt and it's come back to bite us yet again.

Don't get me wrong we didn't deserve to get beat as Falkirk as racid, that makes it all the more galling to be honest. 

Duffy has to hold his hands up today on something that has been apparent from the start of the season in that we have no pace on the flanks. Why he didn't do something about this is anyones guess.

Falkirk came for a draw and come away with 3 points   

Definitely not bitter.

Well deserved win today. Wasn’t a great game by any means and we were helped by how poor Morton were but delighted with that.

Fair play Smith did get his tactics pretty much spot on. I had forgotten how rotten Gallacher was last time he was up against Ross Forbes.

Cracking free-kick from Joe McKee similar to the Dundee Utd game he took the ‘keeper completely by surprise and you could see the goal gave the players a huge lift and they started believing they could win. Really didn’t understand Morton’s tactics today as soon as we scored it was like they ran out of ideas and started panicking just playing long balls which we dealt with comfortably.

Tom Taiwo was my MoM today he was outstanding in the middle of the park breaking up the play all the times and stopping so many attack’s. Kevin O’Hara similar to the Dunfermline game gave us work-rate he ran his heart out and Jordan McGhee was comfortable at left-back he’s yet to have a bad game since he signed and looks like he’ll be a brilliant signing. Special mention to Lee Miller as well best he’s played this season when he came on holding up the ball and winning the knock downs.

The only real negatives for me were the performance of Mark Kerr again who just slows us down, gives the ball away and fouls. He did play better when we went a goal up but was still very lucky to get the full 90 minutes and Shepherd again was shite when he came on he’s not got any intelligence on the pitch he’s no idea when and where to run.

I think that performance does buy into the theory that Houston had lost the dressing room and players weren’t playing for him. Especially at the end of the game there was a real togetherness with the players which has been missing so far this season.

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Well that was utterly diabolical. We simply can't break teams down that sit in. We have no pace whatsoever without Quitongo.

I mean Ross Forbes on one side and Gary Harkins on the other FFS!  Duffy never addressed this failing in the squad in the close season. We've not replaced Nesbitt and it's come back to bite us yet again.

Don't get me wrong we didn't deserve to get beat as Falkirk as racid, that makes it all the more galling to be honest. 

Duffy has to hold his hands up today on something that has been apparent from the start of the season in that we have no pace on the flanks. Why he didn't do something about this is anyones guess.

Raging.

Good to see we made the chances that needed to be made. Dropped the goalie, brought back Grant. No Sibbald to slow the midfield down, can only assume we brought him back to sell him in january. Just need to punt Kerr and we'll have a working midfield.

18 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Get it right fucking up you

That was the worst game I've seen in a long time. A front 4 of harkins-oliver-mchugh-forbes

9CldALP.gif

Falkirk were absolutely terrible and didn't offer anything and yet still deserved their win.

Thought McGhee, McKee and Taiwo were all decent. They absolutely strolled it after the goal

4 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Dont get me wrong we did not deserve to get beat lol. Facts are facts you need to put the ball in the net. Thats you up and running now a good confidence booster and a new manager to come in. 

You forgot to log in to your other account m8. 

Ooft that team. Alex Smith has went full Houston with that selection.

So Muirhead still at right-back with either Grant or more than likely McGhee at left-back.

More infuriatingly however we’ve again punted Taiwo wide right to accommodate Kerr and McKee in the middle. Seething.

Still seething?

Archived