Greenock Morton v Gutless Falkirk FC

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id guess Mcghee at left back making a a back four, the rest is obvious and wouldnt be surprised to see OHara in behind Austin.

The left back has been a huge issue, anyone saying there has been improvement in Gallacher is simply polishing a turd, we lost a poor goal again down that side last week and fortunately offside saved us.

SIbbald and Loy didnt deserve to start after last week but surprised to see both out the squad.

There could be a back three option in there but I struggle to see where we have the right players in the starting 11 to make it work at wing back.

Lack of real creativity in there unless McKee and Harris have their good football boots on today

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah sorry to be honest God knows whose left back. I'm terrified in case it's feck in grant.

Mcghee when signed was said that he could play anywhere on in the back four, he is fit and full o running, probably our best player last week which wouldnt have been hard

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Id guess Mcghee at left back making a a back four, the rest is obvious and wouldnt be surprised to see OHara in behind Austin.

The left back has been a huge issue, anyone saying there has been improvement in Gallacher is simply polishing a turd, we lost a poor goal again down that side last week and fortunately offside saved us.

SIbbald and Loy didnt deserve to start after last week but surprised to see both out the squad.

There could be a back three option in there but I struggle to see where we have the right players in the starting 11 to make it work at wing back.

Lack of real creativity in there unless McKee and Harris have their good football boots on today

Yeah you could be right m8. I must admit I would perhaps have given Gallagher a punt at left mid. Although he's certainly been shaky in defence he has been excellent going forward. God knows who will play left mid if it is 4 at the back I presume Harris which again will leave us with a total lack of creativity in the middle if mckee is wide right.

There were two at Cappielow and another at Brockville.
The first at Scapa was 88-89. We had been going well until ex-Celtic carthorse Roddie MacDonald got completely found out in our defence by Paul Rutherford. Fairly sure Jim Holmes was in the Falkirk team and Duffy was the manager.
The other two came in the same season - the second week of the 93-94 when we unveiled our new blue tartan strip. That sent us bottom and we pretty much stayed there, finishing 2nd bottom of the five relegated teams. The Brockville game was later that season, and we also lost 5-1 at Love Street in an appalling game which saw us 4-0 down after around 30 minutes. McGraw somehow managed us to four different ways of losing 5-1. The two Cappielow games are on Youtube.

Anyway, not a clue what to expect today.

I know you boys are obsessed by the Buddies but I think you've gone too far here...

Yeah you could be right m8. I must admit I would perhaps have given Gallagher a punt at left mid. Although he's certainly been shaky in defence he has been excellent going forward. God knows who will play left mid if it is 4 at the back I presume Harris which again will leave us with a total lack of creativity in the middle if mckee is wide right.

Could be 3 in the middle with Kerr, taiwo and mckee. Wide attackers of Harris and O'Hara, and Austin upfront on his own?

3 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

There were two at Cappielow and another at Brockville.

The first at Scapa was 88-89. We had been going well until ex-Celtic carthorse Roddie MacDonald got completely found out in our defence by Paul Rutherford. Fairly sure Jim Holmes was in the Falkirk team and Duffy was the manager.

The other two came in the same season - the second week of the 93-94 when we unveiled our new blue tartan strip. That sent us bottom and we pretty much stayed there, finishing 2nd bottom of the five relegated teams. The Brockville game was later that season, and we also lost 5-1 at Love Street in an appalling game which saw us 4-0 down after around 30 minutes. McGraw somehow managed us to four different ways of losing 5-1. The two Cappielow games are on Youtube.

Anyway, not a clue what to expect today.

Jim Duffy was indeed manager at the 5-1 game at Cappielow in 88/89. Always remember the Falkirk support bursting into spontaneous applause at the quality of our play that day. Sigh, great days.

Archived