Greenock Morton v Gutless Falkirk FC

6 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Good news for the visitors (and the home support) its all systems go for our new turnstiles and your the test boys (and girls)

Entry kept at £18 for full paying fans, see that as a petrol contribution, so expect to see your large travelling support. NB Term only applies to clubs with TS in excess of 1,000.

Anyway Sir Bob will have a run out I suspect its written in the gods hope he gets us one of those 94th min goals you seem to grab against us on a regular basis.

Jai to do a cameo for last 15 mins. Never feel confident v Fawkirk but this should be a good opportunity and see us doing a 2 nil job.   

Doubt we'll take many this week I'm afraid. Would've been different if we'd had a new man in charge which knowing our bod we'll be lucky to have by the next time we hit cappielow.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MrDust said:

Defines your level..... Still if you want to aspire to having a player that does well v part time players, says more about where Morton are

We finished just 2 places below you last season and you failed to beat us in 5 attempts!

3 places the  season before.

4 places above you this season

I'm afraid to tell you Dusty, we are at the same level which must be quite embarrassing for a  club like Falkirk with their massive fan base and huge budget compared to tiny wee Morton.

Hopefully a sound pumping on Saturday with McHugh scoring a hat trick!

7 minutes ago, madton said:

We finished just 2 places below you last season and you failed to beat us in 5 attempts!

I'm afraid to tell you Dusty, we are at the same level which must be quite embarrassing for a  club like Falkirk with their massive fan base and huge budget compared to tiny wee Morton.

Mind you last season was the first time you'd come within 25 points of us since the 2012/13 season. 

21 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Wonder if we'll see away fans put in the Cowshed this week. They didn't do it for Dunfermline so if there's no Falkirk fans in the Cowshed can we deem the new 'barrier' a waste of time and money? 

i'm wondering this myself:unsure2: pretty confused 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

By Livie's standards he perhaps did okay but he was nowhere near good enough for us and its no surprising he's now plying his trade at the mighty Barrow down south.  Same with mcHugh.  Was never going to be good enough to get us up so he had to move on. Unfortunately  Loy whose a far better player has struggled in Houstons set up so far this season where we have created the square root of feck all.  I'd like to think that the new man in charge will get the best out of the strikers we have and Bob will be for the most forgotten about other than his super sub antics at the end of Houstons second season.

Nothing to do with a club's standards, he played in the Championship with us and did well, think he got 12 league goals in a season, and that was when we were struggling down the bottom of the table.

Nobody is arguing him of McHugh weren't a success at Falkirk but it is a stupid logic to say they can't be a success, or improve after they leave. You just sound bitter about a player not doing well and petty that you refuse to acknowledge they've improved after leaving. Kinda coming over arrogant even, as if Falkirk's standards are the pinnacle of Championship football, away and have a word with yourself.  

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nothing to do with a club's standards, he played in the Championship with us and did well, think he got 12 league goals in a season, and that was when we were struggling down the bottom of the table.

Nobody is arguing him of McHugh weren't a success at Falkirk but it is a stupid logic to say they can't be a success, or improve after they leave. You just sound bitter about a player not doing well and petty that you refuse to acknowledge they've improved after leaving. Kinda coming over arrogant even, as if Falkirk's standards are the pinnacle of Championship football, away and have a word with yourself.  

Yes he's improved that much he's kicking a ball for barrow in front of 500 folk at Sollihull Moors. :lol:

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He's just one of many unhappy Falkirk fans:thumsup2

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes he's improved that much he's kicking a ball for barrow in front of 500 folk at Sollihull Moors. :lol:

What has that got to do with anything, do you actually read a post or just cherry pick what you want to continue acting like a dick?

He got septicemia pre season at Wrexham which forced him to miss a lot of games, then had to get his fitness back as well as his health, despite that he got 7 goals for them. He scored no goals in 13 games for Falkirk but in the same league got 21 for us, that looks like an improvement to me, but hey, you continue to be a petty little arse about it. That's 2 threads you've acted like a dick, are you like this on all your match threads?

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye but they aren't all acting like cocks, most were ok on our match thread last week

He's gotta find something to entertain himself cause his team ain't doing any entertainment for him..... they are entertaining other fans hahaha:thumsup2

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye but they aren't all acting like cocks, most were ok on our match thread last week.

Yes in the past we've had players that have been shit with us,left  and gone on to bigger and better things. However, White was shit with us, left and has continued to slide down the leagues since.  That's not being a cock its simple fact.

13 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

Sounds like someone's missus got pumped off of Sir Bob.

He would have missed

11 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Worth noting that McHugh has two league goals for us this season. Against St. Mirren and Dundee United.

2 goals in 5 starts isn't too bad, especially when his sub appearances have seen him come on pretty close to the end, so not many minutes getting played there.

Scored big goals against Hibs and Rangers for Falkirk as well. For a guy who does well against part time teams, a lot of the goals he scores seems to come against full time teams. Strikes me as odd that.

2 league goals and dropped to the bench ....... I wonder why

Thanks for bringing up his career defining moments with Falkirk, which was two year ago. 

I will spell it out for you again, 3 goals v Elgin and 3 goals against full time teams last season, season afore 40% of his 10 goals were against part time teams.

26 league starts - 3 goals, from a stiker thats all about goals as he isnt good in the air, doesnt bring folk into play or sets up goals is pretty miserable.

I really hope he starts on Saturday

11 hours ago, Toby said:

Eight points and four places above Falkirk?

The league finishes in September ?

I suppose it finished March last season for you

1 hour ago, madton said:

Yep both yo-yo clubs.....but your yo-yo is a different level

We would have to be part time before Bob scores a hat-trick against us

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He would have missed

2 league goals and dropped to the bench ....... I wonder why

Thanks for bringing up his career defining moments with Falkirk, which was two year ago. 

I will spell it out for you again, 3 goals v Elgin and 3 goals against full time teams last season, season afore 40% of his 10 goals were against part time teams.

26 league starts - 3 goals, from a stiker thats all about goals as he isnt good in the air, doesnt bring folk into play or sets up goals is pretty miserable.

I really hope he starts on Saturday

The league finishes in September ?

I suppose it finished March last season for you

Yep both yo-yo clubs.....but your yo-yo is a different level

We would have to be part time before Bob scores a hat-trick against us

You didn’t say “where Morton were in May”, or “where Morton are going to be next May”. The reality is that Morton are above you, by a considerable distance at this early stage.

And I think you’ve got a misplaced perception of both clubs’ position in the grand scheme of things- we’re Championship clubs, and both pretty well established ones. You’ve been in this league long enough now that considering yourself a yo-yo club is now delusions of grandeur, whilst we had one crap season that resulted in a relegation.

How many failed promotion attempts is that now?

Seven? Eight?

Yo-yo club? Really?

Archived