Dunfermline Athletic vs Dundee United

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Genuine question what football did United play to get the goals? Two soft free kicks two breaks of the ball and one great finish again from a break of the ball. Yes they were the better side but not a great footballing team.

Christ, I can only imagine how far we'd have won by today if we had been any good.

First 35 minutes would have got the sport stopped. We then make a poor mistake at the back and United were very clinical and then we lose another sloppy goal from a free kick. Game is almost all over at half time and then it's well and truly finished thanks to a superb strike from Fyvie. I think he's hopeless so of course he scored twice and had a cracker of a game.

We never showed up unfortunately. A poor performance all round with very few pass marks. We just couldn't break them down and United absolutely strolled it. A real shame in front of 7500+ crowd.

Was wondering what the NW were chanting about McDonald but very disappointed it was homophobic and actually quite glad he got his own back. What a bunch of arseholes.

Confident of a win. Record against United has been utter dugwank, however the team are on fire and some of them are playing on another level just now. Joe is going to be a miss but the sheer work rate of the team will make up for that. 2-0 Pars. 

256da1675389a50313e851c9f329c3e6.gif

Mon the Pars - get into these arseholes.  You have always been my favourite Fife team (apart from East Fife, Cowdenbeath and Raith).

6e8ccaea8ef953327d67d4d6aa2a505c.gif

Do you get money back for having to watch Dundee United?

10a9e9485ce1c001e200ba99e15675e9.gif

There was miles between the teams today. Much more comprehensive than any of the five wins last season. Dunfermline were absolutely hopeless, gave United so much space and played a ludicrously high line. 
I thought we might just sneak it today but it was an absolute stroll. Some Pars fans seem to be kidding themselves that it was close. It wasn't close.

First half was piss. 3 chances 1 Thame shot from McManus, united with 2 shots and scored both. Pars defence was shit. 3 rd was a peach of a finish and at that point I'd had enough and left. Like I said, no matter how pars perform I just think united will be our bogey team and we will lose. For the 60 mins I watched both teams were pish and was a brutal game to watch

There was miles between the teams today. Much more comprehensive than any of the five wins last season. Dunfermline were absolutely hopeless, gave United so much space and played a ludicrously high line. 
I thought we might just sneak it today but it was an absolute stroll. Some Pars fans seem to be kidding themselves that it was close. It wasn't close.

Pretty sure from that account you are the one kidding yourself. The first half hour was one way traffic, we were passing it around with ease, just the end product wasn’t happening. It was looking like only a matter of time before we scored. United then have their first real foray up the park and get a goal. Still shell shocked we then concede another. Second half there was a nervousness where our players were not playing the pass, getting caught in possession or playing a speculative pass to nowhere. Your third might have looked spectacular, but that was due to combination of slack defending and a speculative effort. Our goal created a total shift in confidence back to the Pars, with the two goal cushion not seeming enough that you were time wasting (keeper swapping sides at goal kicks) and trying to do a Nat Wedderburn taking the ball to the corner (with somewhat less aplomb). Too little too late unfortunately.

Some of the feigning injury by United players was an absolute joke - rolling around on the floor etc. Nae need.

I’ve never been carried away, thinking the league was going to be a cakewalk, despite how well we’ve been playing and how many goals we’ve been scoring. Similarly, I’m not too downhearted with what I saw today, as United were not great despite scoring 3 goals. I think there are plenty of twists and turns to come this season, and we’re no spent force yet. Think Higginbotham had his worst game for us today, and coupled with Cardle being out our creativity was obviously stifled.

Archived